• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you like more?....no thank you!

Review #6 Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner

We had a reservation for 6:35pm for our whole party of 6. We had just come from BBB and the Enchanted Tales with Belle. We checked-in and met Cinderella and were seated in the downstairs lobby, seeming to be the first ones there at the time. The lobby started to fill up and they started to announce the parties and bring them upstairs. We waited what felt like forever, watching groups that came in way after us get in way before us. The wait was probably harder as we were starving and the kids were a bit hyper. We were seated at a booth table in the middle area right where the princesses come out when announced but soon learned that they don't start there and they try to time the tables so the meets are closer to dessert time. We made our orders and received our drinks. I ordered the pork belly confit as my appetizer. DD chose cheese and grapes, DS chose the salad, MIL chose the meat and cheese, DH chose the scallops and i cant remember what SIL ordered. My appetizer was small but absolutely delicious. It was crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, well seasoned, with a touch of spice at the end. Our main entrees came in good time after the apps. DH and I both ordered the seasonal gnocchi (I see something with goat cheese and I have to have it, and DH wanted a break from meat). DD ordered the chicken leg and DS had the turkey pot pie. SIL and MIL both had the steak and shrimp and according to SIL the steak was made perfectly. My gnocchi was wonderful. The potato pasta was cooked perfectly, the vegetables were roasted nicely while still maintaining some crispness and the flavors were great. I couldn't finish mine though, I was just too full and wanted to try the dessert. DH had all of his and ate the rest of mine! We then had our desserts as the princesses were making their way over to our table. The kids met Snow White, Aurora, Ariel, and Jasmine. DS asked Jasmine for a kiss and then went around showing it off! He also took his sword out as she was walking away up the step to the other level and accidentally got her on the tush, eek! I ordered Jaq and Gus's Favorite which was light and fruity which was perfect after a filling entree. SIL and MIL had the cheesecake (special of the night) and said it was okay. DH I believe ordered the chocolate cake, but I didnt hear anything of it but this was also when DS was stealing a kiss. The kids had the PB smores and DS enjoyed his more than DD. This was a great dinner. Although expensive, I didn't leave regretting it. I would go again.

crt cinderella.jpg crt hyper.jpg crt jasmine.jpg crt kiss.jpg

Review # 7 Tokyo Dining Dinner

This was a reservation for 2. DH and I got babysitting from 4-10pm for a date night! This date night was overdue for us, the last date night was several months ago. We decided on Tokyo Dining cause we have a passion for sushi and Japan showcase is our favorite. I accidentally got the reservation time wrong and we were actually late. They gave us a buzzer so we could look around in the showcase while they put a table together. We went shopping in the Mitsukoshi Store before the buzzer went off.

sake selfie.jpg

We were seated at a table in the front corner so we had an excellent view of the lake and the rest of the showcase. We ordered more of the unfiltered sake that we had a tasting of while waiting. We ordered our entrees and dessert and green tea for the DDP then ordered three extra rolls and miso soup for appetizers. DH ordered the Ginza entree and I had the Sankai Combo and we both had green tea cheesecake. For rolls we ordered the Spicy Philadelphia, Volcano, and Dynamite roll. We had our soup and rolls first. Everything was fresh and delicious, the dynamite was my favorite and melted in your mouth. The entrees came and we were getting very full. The noodles were different (chilled) but good and everything else had great flavor but we were both just too full to finish so we got it boxed up. We split one of the cheesecakes and got the other to go. We had a wonderful time here and definitely want to repeat next time. The food was wonderful and atmosphere was simple, clean, and quiet (at least in comparison to other places we've been to).

chelsea japan.jpg rick epcot.jpg rolls tokyo.jpgsake.jpg

Review #8 Be Our Guest Dinner
Our whole group had a reservation for dinner on this night which happened to be a MNSSHP night. We couldn't get them together so it was res at 4:10 for 2 and rest at 4:30 fpr 4 but we went to check in and they merged the group and even got us into the West Wing! We were given the tour as we went in and seated right below the picture that changes. We ordered drinks and this is the only place in MK for alcohol so I ordered a riesling, DH got a beer and then tried the wine that MIL and SIL ordered. We ordered appetizers too, DH had the french onion soup, and the rest of us had the potato leek soup. I really liked my potato leek soup but I did try DH's and I think I would've enjoyed the French Onion more. Then we ordered our entrees and visited the other rooms and watched the rose petal drop while waiting for it. I believe DH, MIL, and SIL ordered the lamb and I had the shrimp and scallops, DD and DS had the Beast Casserole which is mac and cheese. DH said the lamb was fantastic but didn't live up to my herb crusted rack of lamb that I make at home. My scallops and shrimp were amazing. The scallops were done perfectly and the sauce with the spinach was nice and light amongst the puff pastry. For dessert DH had the lemon meringue cupcake, DD had the strawberry cupcake, DS had the chocolate orange cupcake with chocolate web, I ordered the grey stuff as well as MIL. I was not a fan of the brownie that the grey stuff sits on top off, its dry. Everybody else enjoyed their desserts. This didnt bother me though because I was very full and my soup and entree more than made up for it. The atmosphere here was well themed and beautiful and the food was wonderful, I would come back. The kids loved the thunderstorm that changed the picture and made the petal drop. We didn't visit the Beast as the line was long and we wanted to partake in the MNSSHP hours before the party actually started.

bog entrance.jpgbog lobby.jpgbog rose.jpg bog table.jpg bog food.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter