Would you hire a local taxi firm to take you on a tour of LA and would it be cheaper?

we*luv*orlando!!

Mouseketeer
Just wondering - we are a family of five, staying in Anaheim in August. We would like to do the Movie Stars homes tour in LA combined with a shopping stop. Has anyone ever just paid a local cab to take them where they want to go, would they recommend it, would it be cheaper etc?

Any advice gratefully received!

If you can do it on a Sat or Sun, I would recommend renting a car and finding your way around. It's quite easy, there are several guidebooks to follow (I got mine at the local library)...and you can really enjoy a full day for about 1/4 the cost of a 3 hour cab hire.
Weekdays the traffic can be too much to handle, but weekends are fine, especially if you get an early 8am start from Anaheim....LA doesn't wake up until noon on the wkds.

In one day we saw Hollywood Walk of Fame & Kodak Theatre, La Brea Tar Pits and fossil museum ; The Grove & Farmer's Market (your best bet for shop stop)...Greystone Mansion, Homes of Beverly Hills and Bel Air, UCLA campus, Rodeo Drive and The Getty Center. Also drove out to Malibu and then down the coast at sunset. Jam packed but fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter