Would you ever want to see how the Disney sausage is made?

EPCOT-O.G.

DIS Veteran
When I was in college Disney came to recruit employees for the CP and did a presentation. I did not go, many friends of mine did. No one I knew signed up. By then, my family didn’t live too far from WDW. Too far to commute, but easy to make it home in a few hours. I had other goals at the time - grad school, making as much money over summer break as possible - so didn’t think it would be a match.
As I’ve gotten older - maybe it’s a mid-life crisis? - I wonder what it would've been like to have worked there. Part of me wishes I had, but another part of me is glad I did not. I’ve enjoyed all of the jobs I’ve had for the most part, but it’s crystallized in a way - demystified, maybe is a better word - what those places are really like. Put simply, seeing how things really are behind the scenes makes things feel less special.
I’d be curious to hear of any of you have had similar experiences.

I regret not applying for the Disney college program. The thought of working for Disney was appealing and was a huge Disney fan even then, but I was trying to get through college as quickly as possible with very little debt. In the end I only had a couple thousand in loans that I paid off quickly. I thought doing the college program would somehow extend my time and debt, whether or not that was true I thought it was and didn't apply. Now I think it might have opened doors to a different career path. Oh well, maybe as a retirement job.

I have very long WDW CM history. My various positions over a 22 year period allowed me to work everywhere and I mean everywhere, I saw it all. As a CM things did look less special after a while but it didn't change my outlook regarding WDW. Having said that, I had great positions and most CP kids are not assigned those positions. I can tell you after working with so many that being a CPCM is not for everyone. It takes someone special. Am I glad that I was able to see everything, absolutely.

To the thread title............I think it would be like hot dogs.........you don't want to know
That said - When I was in college, a friend and I were studying electrical engineering. We were in our junior year. She did take an intership with Disney. She never came back. We did keep in touch. She loved it. She has since moved on from disney. She is glad she did it and it helped her grow her career. She went back to school in marketing. Things work out for the best....you just have to have faith that it will.

I really wanted to do it but my parents were beyond broke. I was paying and supporting myself in college. I assumed I would have to pay a tuition type fee to participate. Out of my insecurity about finances I just assumed I couldn’t do it. I regret not going to the meeting and learning because I totally could have done it.

Can anyone give an example of something they might see that would take away the magic. If anything it's interesting back there seeing it all come together. I never saw how the sausages were made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter