Would it be possible to change the name of this sub-board?

Many thanks for listening mods/admins.

By the way, I especially like the formatting of the Contemporary resort thread title, the CAPS sections and the general word ordering work especially well:

upload_2015-10-2_8-25-9.png

If it's OK with you, I'd like to do the same with my Port Orleans threads please, and I think all of the threads would benefit from this too (for consistency).

I would also still really like my old "[Please read FAQs in first post]" wording to be appended to the title if that's OK? (Again, ideally to each of the threads too, if the owners agree)

Andre

Many thanks for listening mods/admins.

By the way, I especially like the formatting of the Contemporary resort thread title, the CAPS sections and the general word ordering work especially well:

View attachment 126868

If it's OK with you, I'd like to do the same with my Port Orleans threads please, and I think all of the threads would benefit from this too (for consistency).

I would also still really like my old "[Please read FAQs in first post]" wording to be appended to the title if that's OK? (Again, ideally to each of the threads too, if the owners agree)

Andre

I started a "Moving Tribute" thread HERE. My titles were originally formatted like that and I'm hoping they can remain that way. As a (former) English teacher, I appreciate the language and like it to appear aesthetically pleasing so I transposed "Question" with "Information" since "Information" is alphabetically first and also appears first in all our threads;)

Last edited:
I started a "Moving Tribute" thread HERE. My titles were originally formatted like that and I'm hoping they can remain that way. As a (former) English teacher, I appreciate the language and like it to appear aesthetically pleasing so I transposed "Question" with "Information" since "Information" is alphabetically first and also appears first in all our threads;)

I spent several years as a proof-reader on technical publications, so I wholeheartedly agree! I will very slightly tweak my thread titles to match with your format, as it's pretty-much perfect and a great way to move forward - it says first and foremost to read the initial Information, and only then ask any further Questions. I do agree that comparable and consistent wording needs to be used for all of these threads, in order to make them as visible and useful as possible.

I will however not yet add back my normal "[Please read FAQs in first post]" suffix wording - unless there is a general consensus that it is as desirable as I feel it is - as it would need to be applied to all of the 20 or so threads. (Sorry for any extra work for the long-suffering Mods, but I hope that now is the time to get all of this fully settled so we can all move on and get back to supporting users)

Andre

Last edited:
Relabeling the threads as such, Andre, is a good move. I also had that wording before the big move and it helped many with not asking redundant questions that would be answered in the thread's first posts.

I guess I missed all the excitement with the FAQs being moved back to the Resort board where they belong. FANTASTIC!!! I will take credit for starting the movement with this thread!! ;) :D HA HA!!
But why hasn't the CL information board been moved as well??

This couldn't be farther from the actual reasons behind moving the threads that have been known as "FAQ" threads for years. The bottom line is that those threads are indeed very valuable to our site and the goal was to make them stand out on the Resorts Community board with a name change. We realized, very quickly I might add, that we'd made a mistake with the name we chose and corrected that right away. We are all human after all and we do not claim to be perfect. :goodvibes

We realize that change is hard sometimes and while we don't like to change things too often around here, we are always striving to keep things as organized as possible making it easier for folks to find what they're looking for. It wouldn't make any sense whatsoever for us to "punish" the folks who create these lively threads or to "make them harder to use" as you said. That's simply not why our site exists and we do not spend our time that way.

As always, please feel free to contact me directly via private message or send an email to us at admin@wdwinfo.com with any questions or concerns you may have.

Webmaster Jackie, someone accidentally left one FAQ thread behind. The club level information thread needs to also be moved back to its Resort Board home. Thank you!

Looks like an oversight, Erika. Maybe shoot Jackie a PM (a conversation with new board software), I bet she will move it back in short order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter