Would it be possible to change the name of this sub-board?

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
Would it be possible to change the name of this board to "Resort FAQ, Photo-Video, and Community Threads"? :wave: Sorry to create a new thread just to ask this question but none of the posts made about the move allow us to comment or ask questions. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Would it be possible to change the name of this board to "Resort FAQ, Photo-Video, and Community Threads"? :wave: Sorry to create a new thread just to ask this question but none of the posts made about the move allow us to comment or ask questions. Thanks! :thumbsup2

I brought this up with Lynne M (the Resorts Moderator) after the Resort threads were moved. The sub-forum title omits any reference to all the Resort Information/FAQ threads. If someone is looking for the Resort Information threads or doesn't know they even exist, the only way for them to know is to go to the Resorts forum and click on my sticky or hers about why they moved. Lynne forwarded my suggestion on to the webmasters who would have to do this. She said forum name changes can take some time.

I was so confused.... I'd been off the DIS for awhile and came back and couldn't find my Grand Floridian thread!!!!

It took me a while too. I switched from POFQ to ASMu and was trying to find the thread about ASMu and kept looking and looking and searching. Finally I accidentally stumbled up here and discovered it. Definitely confusing.

Couldn't find the Swan & Dolphin thread at first either. I scrolled through pages and pages on the Resorts Board. Didn't notice the sticky about the change. I respect that the mods can do what they think is best on the board, but the Swan & Dolphin thread seems much less active now. I think it's out of sight...out of mind.

Hi Erika. I agree. If the informational resort threads are going to reside in the chit-chat community board forum, the forum name could definitely be changed to make that fact apparent. There are about 25 of those resort information threads, one for most, if not all of the various resorts. Having them here on community/photo forum seems strange.

The description of this forum is....
Share your photos and videos with us of your favorite Disney resort. We look forward to looking at your favorites. This is the place to hang out and show us your photos and video. photoResort Community / Social threads are also found here.

The description of the 'regular' resort board, their previous home, is...
Ask questions and share information on the Walt Disney World resorts.

Seems to me like a better fit would be where they were. But, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, haha. I do think your thought, Erika, that if remaining here on the photo/chit-chat forum, though strange as that is, a name change would be most helpful so those who are new to the board or do not have one of the various resort board threads subscribed to, can find their way to those helpful planning resources.

Hi Erika. I agree. If the informational resort threads are going to reside in the chit-chat community board forum, the forum name could definitely be changed to make that fact apparent. There are about 25 of those resort information threads, one for most, if not all of the various resorts. Having them here on community/photo forum seems strange.

The description of this forum is....

The description of the 'regular' resort board, their previous home, is...

Seems to me like a better fit would be where they were. But, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, haha. I do think like your thought, Erika, that if remaining here on the photo/chit-chat forum, though strange, a name change would be most helpful so those who are new to the board or do not have one of the various resort board threads subscribed to, can find their way to those helpful planning resources.

Great minds think alike Dan! :) Or maybe it's just the last name? :D :D :D

Joking aside, we don't get visitors to our CL FAQ thread anymore. It's a shame really. Lots of great info and people ready to help!

I also am in favor of making the Resort FAQ threads more visible to all of the users. The most knowledgeable helpers hang out on the Resort FAQ sites and thus would be able to help more people with their experience and feedback. Burying these threads is not doing anyone any favors, especially new folks who are posting their queries where no one is watching.

~NM

I'm still not clear why the resort FAQ's needed to be moved anyway. Seems like the overall resorts board was the prefect place for them. It's a shame that all of the information on the different resorts, which in some cases was complied over 10 or more years, is now hidden from most disboard users.

I just now figured out where my AKL thread went. I thought it had just disappeared to later pages due to inactivity!

I just now figured out where my AKL thread went. I thought it had just disappeared to later pages due to inactivity!

I'm sure that's why we've lost so many people. Nobody ever reads pinned posts at the top, they search back a few pages and then give up. We really need to move these FAQs back to the resort board. More traffic, more people getting help, it's better for the DIS and better for the board sponsors as well. Win, win! :D

"Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside Social Club"

***?!?!?!? If I had wanted to change the title of MY FAQ & Information Thread to something misleading I would have done so myself. I try my best to keep all the off-topic chatter and clutter out of this thread (to improve the signal-to-noise ratio and allow people to more easily find answers to questions) so I don't WANT much social chatter in there, which the new thread title is only going to encourage. Who is responsible for this please?

Andre

I hardly ever spend time on the community, social, chit-chatty sort of forums/threads. I am on the Resorts F&Q and Trip Reports the majority of the time. I would have never, in a million years, thought to look at a thread with the title "social club" if I were seeking out facts and information about a resort.

I think they should be moved back. The resort FAQ threads don't seem nearly as busy anymore.
i had no idea the resorts threads were moved to a subforum. I would never have thought to look for then on a "community" board. Those subforums have always seemed to be about picture of the day threads and game threads..not information.

At the very least links to these should be included in a sticky on the main board, if not moved back to that board.

i had no idea the resorts threads were moved to a subforum. I would never have thought to look for then on a "community" board. Those subforums have always seemed to be about picture of the day threads and game threads..not information.

At the very least links to these should be included in a sticky on the main board, if not moved back to that board.
I agree. The information in the specific resort threads has been more useful to us than almost anything else posted here. I only found them again after reading other threads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter