Worst Ending to a Disney Trip EVER! (and other things that happened) - UPDATE 6/22!

Well, I just sat and read through your pre-trip report and am caught up on this one! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your stay!

Well, I just sat and read through your pre-trip report and am caught up on this one! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your stay!

Wow, that's a lot of reading - thank you! I hope you enjoyed it!

Wow, that's a lot of reading - thank you! I hope you enjoyed it!

I did! I also love the planning almost as much as the trip. It was funny when you wrote that when it's time to leave, you're almost a little sad because it will be over soon. I feel the same way! I'm currently in a deep state of depression because we're back from our end of August trip, and I'm not sure when we can go again! I just want to do a long weekend (Friday morning to Monday evening), but don't know when we'll be able to to it (lots of circumstances and activities). Reading trip reports helps with the sadness!

Agreed! My sister found this ages ago and we really think it sums us up well. And she's a superhero so...

anxiety-girl.jpg

Well, not really nice but you had to get the right consistency and make enough to fill the cup. That was the hardest part. Hopefully they also wanted whipped cream so you could fill up the cup the rest of the way and put sprinkles on it and make it look really good. It takes time to add more ice cream...then whoops, too thick, add more milk...whoops, too thin, more ice cream....:rotfl:

Perfect! :laughing:

Good idea just hide it with toppings :rotfl:

I did! I also love the planning almost as much as the trip. It was funny when you wrote that when it's time to leave, you're almost a little sad because it will be over soon. I feel the same way! I'm currently in a deep state of depression because we're back from our end of August trip, and I'm not sure when we can go again! I just want to do a long weekend (Friday morning to Monday evening), but don't know when we'll be able to to it (lots of circumstances and activities). Reading trip reports helps with the sadness!

Oh man, have I been there. Post Disney Depression is the worst. It's so good that you are on the DIS. Normally, my PDD is so bad that I can't even THINK about going on the Boards.

I hope that things work out and you'll be able to plan a Disney trip soon!!! pixiedust: And I hope that you do a PTR to help enjoy the planning to the fullest!

Day 2 Part 2 – Rain, Rain, Go AWAY – I NEED to ride EE!!

I woke up very refreshed from my nap. I decided to grab a book and join my parents down by the pool. I had slept a couple of hours so I had about another hour before we had to get ready to head to AK.

I met my dad coming up and he told me where to find my mom. It was really really crowded down by the pool. And HOT. I found her just fine but I’m glad that I bumped in to him because she was kind of in a corner. Every once in a while she would jump in the water and then come back and listen to an audio book on her phone.

I got really into my book and the hour flew by fast. We got back, changed, and drove to AK. I debated about bringing my nice camera and decided to bring it since AK is my favorite park and we were going to be seeing some of the nighttime events.

I was SOOOO excited!! AK was open until 11pm. I had never been there past 6pm. Usually the park closes at 5pm when we’re there in Sept. My main goal was to ride EE in the dark and do the dusk Safari. I had FP+s secured because it was supposed to be crowded.

When we drove up to AK the parking lot looked really really busy. EEK! I told myself that it was okay because I had FP+s and we were just there to experience the evening at AK. This was technically not part of the original plan and we would have to add a couple of days to the tickets that we got way back in Nov. And we had two more days scheduled at AK.

No problem. Deep breaths.

I was also planning on getting an AP but I wasn’t sure of my May trip. My mom was also really worried about Zika and wanted me to wait until later in the trip to upgrade to an AP. I didn’t want to wait but her nervousness started to wear off on me and I thought I would see if I saw any mosquitoes and make a judgment later.

As we parked and got out of the car, Mom asked if she should grab the umbrella. Dad and I looked at the sky. It was kind of cloudy with sort of dark-ish clouds but nothing looked really ominous. We told her to just leave it since it would be heavy in the backpack.

large.gif

Too late!

Of course, right as we got on the tram to take us to the entrance, it started to rain.

HARD.

Thank you, Hurricane Hermine.

If you think bag checks are already amazing, you should do lines at bag checks in the rain.

And guess who has two thumbs and didn’t bring any of the many disposable and reusable ponchos that she packed?

THIS GIRL!

1517439_10206546209073162_4690473585182062797_n.jpg

13528905_10210322610640841_5195223969398948997_n.jpg

Who can properly bring rain gear for her first time to New Orleans but can't manage to do it for a Disney trip, which was NOT her first visit.

Oh, and isn’t this ALSO the girl who decided to not bring rain gear BUT to bring along her nice camera without its case.

Yes. Yes it is.

If I told you my IQ, you wouldn’t believe me.

And I’m not even done!

We decided to go immediately to Guest Services to add park days since it was raining anyway. I had done a lot of research about price bridging and knew what I needed to do to add the two days. There was a long line and only about one person helping. Eventually, a couple more people came and we got this guy visiting from France.

I explained what I wanted, he took our MBs and added the two days. The price was well over $100.

No way.

I told him that it was incorrect and that we wanted to price bridge. That I had used the tickets at the gate so our tickets should have the value of the current prices and it should only be around $50.

He frowned and did a LOT of clicking at the computer. And then some more clicking. And then he took all of our MBs and disappeared. Then he came back and did way more clicking, had my Dad fill out a form (what??) and then tapped our MBs and then he stopped and gave us a really hard look.

And then we got The Lecture.

It went on and on but the gist of it was that we were getting a very special exception (okayed by his manager) and he had to write a Magic File about price bridging the extra days. But we can’t just buy tickets a long time ago and try to get better prices today. We were lucky that it happened this once but it would not be happening again. Hence the lengthy Magic File. (All the clicking.)

Okaaaay.

I thanked him as civilly as I could and we left.

To say that we weren’t pleased with his tone would be an understatement. And, to my mind, we had gotten reamed out for something that was a completely acceptable practice. I was livid.

I’m going to fast forward here. Later, after I had calmed down, I went on the DIS and asked if price bridging wasn’t a thing anymore. I thought that perhaps there was something, in all my research that I had missed.

There was.

Sooooo.

Let this be a heads up to anyone who doesn’t know, because I didn’t.

I had bought my tickets separately through the Disney website in Nov of 2015 thinking that it would be the best for upgrading, etc.

WRONG.

Those tickets are NOT eligible for price bridging.

Tickets that are eligible for price bridging are tickets from….actually, I am just going to copy the post from Robo (who is awesome) so I don’t get it wrong:

I'm trying to keep these statements as clear as possible, as many readers will see these posts, now and in the future.

1. Price-bridging is not just for tickets bought from authorized ticket resellers/discounters.
Price-bridging is also done for tickets that are purchased from Disney as part of a WDW Resort package.
And, it is done for tickets purchased at a Disney Store in malls, etc.

But, price-bridging is NOT done for tickets bought directly from Disney at WDW gates and ticket booths, Guest Relations, or WDW resort lobby concierge.
Nor for tickets ordered from Disney by mail, phone or on-line.

The stupid part is that I had thought about buying tickets from UT but I very mistakenly thought that tickets bought directly from Disney would be the best.

HA!

Now I do understand that I did get some pixie dust from the Customer Service CM. He saved us over $100. I really wish that his tone would have been a little nicer and/or that he would have explained the situation. He had already done the bridge before he let us know that we were getting a huge exception. And I still didn’t understand that we WERE truly getting an exception instead of a hard lecture about a common policy.

And now my dad is a Disney Criminal with a Magic File Record.

giphy.gif

We still tease him about that.

I later asked my Dad if he thought that I had been mean or pushy or demanding. I’m not normally like that but who knows how you are truly being perceived? He said that I was stating what I wanted. And that I had only said it once.

So I’m glad I wasn’t one of those rude and demanding guests. It all just left a bitter taste in my mouth that took me a long time to shake.

CONTINUED ON NEXT POST

Last edited:
Sour taste behind us, we went in search of better tastes and our first experience at Disney with allergy requests.

And where does a dinosaur-lover go when she has a GROWLING stomach?

Restaurantosaurus, of course!

This is our favorite CS restaurant at AK. When my dad and I did the Wild by Design Tour (discontinued – booo!!), we learned that there was a large amount of dinosaur bones discovered by some scientists (the Boneyard play area). Some really rare ones, too. So some university professors and grad students set up camp to dig up the bones and built a headquarters (Restaurantosaurus). So all of the theming of Restaurantosaurus is around a university dig theme. You can see the students have set up games on the roof to amuse themselves in the off time. They’re hanging out their laundry up there, too. One side of Restaurantosaurus is their eating area/club/game room (The Hip Joint). That is my favorite area to eat. It has the camper in there too.

But, they are not without some competition. The Dino Institute (Dinosaur ride) wants to make a big buck out of their finds and bring a dinosaur back from the past to add a big attraction to their exhibits. All their area is very dignified and corporate looking as a counter balance to the haphazardness of the Restaurantosaurus side.

Sorry! I love all the backstory stuff that makes Disney great. Especially if it has to do with dinosaurs.

Even though I knew kind of how it would go, I was nervous to actually deal with the allergy stuff. Especially since my mom was not only allergic to gluten, like I am; she’s also allergic to dairy, sesame, and tapioca. And tapioca is a big one. Every bread-type thing that is gluten free usually contains tapioca as a binder.

Luckily Restaurantosaurus was pretty empty. We asked the person walking around for an allergy menu. We looked at it a bit but it didn’t have all of the relevant information on it so we approached one of the CMs at the register.

Analeigh.

Ahh! She was SOOO nice. So. Nice.

She explained the menu and then pushed a button on her register that brought out a manager. While we waited, she explained some more. The manager came over, we told her about our allergies and she grabbed the allergy book. The allergy book had all the ingredients to all of the items on the menu. We looked at everything and I could have the chicken strips and fries – YAY! My FAVORITE!

I’m basically a kid, especially when it comes to food. And french fries are my absolute favorite food EVER. They have been since I was very little. Apparently, my mom would drive out of her way to avoid a McDonald’s so that I wouldn’t see it and demand some fries. I would do this from really young; opening and shutting my little hand while asking, “Pees, pees, pees” non-stop.

So, yeah. Fries. Huge fan.

giphy.gif

Along with chicken strips. So good. And something that I have not gotten to really eat since I’ve been GF. Not from a restaurant, at least.

My mom, unfortunately, couldn’t have the chicken strips because the breading contained tapioca. But she could have the hamburger minus the GF bun (again, tapioca) and french fries. My dad ordered the chicken sandwich with fries too.

As we found out would be very typical with allergy orders, it took quite some time to come. We actually saw it sitting and said that we thought it was ours but since it was an allergy, the regular CMs couldn’t touch the tray (it was a different color from the rest) and a manager would have to come out to give it to us. When a manager did come, we saw that the hamburger had a bun so it had to be sent back. It came out quicker this time.

My dad’s food came out just a little after ours. I’m assuming once their done with our food, then they put my dad’s food in the queue.

The Hip Joint section was closed and it had gotten busy so there wasn’t much seating left in the left dining area. We went out to the porch. That was really nice. Even though it was still pouring rain, it was nice.

upload_2016-10-10_15-50-5.png

upload_2016-10-10_15-48-54.png

And we could see Dinosaur. But it was down for refurb. Boo.

upload_2016-10-10_15-50-30.png

I sent a picture to my sister and she said, Good! (She doesn’t like the dinosaur ride and is, in fact, scared of dinosaurs ever since Mom and Dad took us all to Jurassic Park when she was six. I was 12 and LOOOOVED it. I think there is a picture of me somewhere as a toddler with a dinosaur in one hand and a french fry in the other. Loves for life!)

Mom and I ran out in a break in the rain to get some dinosaur pics!

upload_2016-10-10_15-53-25.png

upload_2016-10-10_15-54-23.png

We ran back finished our meal when it started to rain hard again. I was starting to really get concerned about my EE ride. We looked at the radar and it wasn’t going to be ending any time soon.

NOOO!

w3Alywo.gif

And double no because, like idiots, we did not have ANY rain gear between us. (Did I mention that yet?) Not even a plastic bag to protect my camera. So we sucked it up and decided to buy a Disney poncho like all the other shmoes who don’t pack correctly. Of which I was offended to be perceived as one because, as you know, I worked really hard to pack correctly.

Doesn’t work if you don’t BRING it. Idiot.

We bought ponchos for $10 and we really liked the thickness! It was not too thin like our disposable ponchos but not as thick as our reuseable ones that get kind of stifling.

Worth the $10. Mom and I immediately felt better. My dad didn’t get one because he’s weird. I don’t know. My sister also doesn’t like to wear them. I think that they think they look like idiots but so many people wear ponchos and it’s Disney. Who cares?

As we were walking towards Africa, it started to rain harder. Which seemed impossible since it had already been raining hard. We decided to wait it out under a small overhang near the first aid and baby care center.

upload_2016-10-10_15-51-17.png

It got really dark really fast. Way sooner than it should have. It also started to thunder and lightning. LOUDLY. Which startled my mom. Which was pretty funny. Any loud noise startles the heck out of her. I think her nerves are wound tight…

But, uh oh, the lightning and thunder meant that….yup…EE was down.

Bummer. My FP+ wasn’t until 9pm and I was just hoping hoping hoping that it would be up by then. PLEEEEASE!!

giphy.gif

We waited a really long time. We just watched people dashing about in the dark and the rain. It was just coming down too hard to really go out and enjoy the park.

We waited, and waited, and waited….

Up next...

Day 2 Part 3 – Do We Stay or Do We Go?

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-10_15-48-48.png
    upload_2016-10-10_15-48-48.png
    752.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Awww...that's too bad about the rain!! :sad2: We have had those days at Disney!! Hope it clears up and you can ride EE and the Safari!! :sunny:

Oh my! No fun in the rain. Glad you were able to get a deal on your tickets. Good on you for being polite while asking, too. :) How long have you been GF? One of my best friends is GF, as well as my sister in law and a few other teachers on staff. My friend has had Celiac since she was a kid, so she's really used to it, and said that many people are more understanding of her allergy now than in the past. Must be hard for your mom with all those extras too, although I taught a student with PKU and honestly, I think that one would be the hardest to deal with. He can only have a certain about of protein, so I would have to weigh the food on healthy snack day before giving it to him, and weigh the apple core when he was done because they needed to do calculations. He can never have any cheese or meats, or even aspartame (so no gum, EVER) because it can cause him brain damage! Scary. Why oh why are all these allergies and things happening to people?

Really hope you got to do your FP+ though! :)

And I love Disney chicken nuggets and fries too... have to get them each trip... possibly multiple times.

I love all the Restaurantosaurus backstory info! I had no idea, and I can't remember the last time we were even in there. We ride Dinosaur but other than that we don't spend much time over there........I'd say maybe we'll try Restaurantosaurus next month but after trying the food at Harambe Market in August, I think I need to go back there lol!
Stinks about the rain :mad: One trip, we took our ponchos EVERY DAY, and would take them again if we returned to the resort and went back out - no rain. For 8 days/nights. On the 9th day we were heading back out to Epcot around 5pm and DH really didn't feel like carrying the ponchos and we figured "eh, it won't rain".....and it did ::yes:: Murphy's Law!
I hope I hear that you got your evening ride on EE because again, I did that in August and it's amazing!!!

I was also planning on getting an AP but I wasn’t sure of my May trip. My mom was also really worried about Zika and wanted me to wait until later in the trip to upgrade to an AP. I didn’t want to wait but her nervousness started to wear off on me and I thought I would see if I saw any mosquitoes and make a judgment later.
Did you get one? It'll be cheaper in the long run. Also I'm a mosquito magnet at home, but I've literally never even seen a mosquito or had to use bug spray at Disney or Universal.

To say that we weren’t pleased with his tone would be an understatement. And, to my mind, we had gotten reamed out for something that was a completely acceptable practice. I was livid.

I’m going to fast forward here. Later, after I had calmed down, I went on the DIS and asked if price bridging wasn’t a thing anymore. I thought that perhaps there was something, in all my research that I had missed.

That's annoying if you didn't know they should tell you not lecture you. I don't think you're were rude at all. I would've thought it would be best to do with Disney tickets too.

Restaurantosaurus, of course!
I've never been there but it looks good! I read the back story in a book and I loved it.

And french fries are my absolute favorite food EVER.
Mine too! Omg we can go looking for the best french fries together :rotfl: One time a guy I was working with told me he didn't like french fries and that didn't compute with me like who doesn't like them?

As we found out would be very typical with allergy orders, it took quite some time to come.
Oh yeah we did QS for the first time last trip, and it was quite a wait. We couldn't even get our drink separately.

And we could see Dinosaur. But it was down for refurb. Boo.
I've never been on it boo.

Worth the $10. Mom and I immediately felt better. My dad didn’t get one because he’s weird. I don’t know. My sister also doesn’t like to wear them. I think that they think they look like idiots but so many people wear ponchos and it’s Disney. Who cares?
My poncho made me feel like I was getting wet, but then I was dry so I guess it's an okay one. But different ones do feel different.

We waited a really long time. We just watched people dashing about in the dark and the rain. It was just coming down too hard to really go out and enjoy the park.

We waited, and waited, and waited….
Oh no I hope you got to go! Our AK night got rained out :sad1:

One trip, we took our ponchos EVERY DAY, and would take them again if we returned to the resort and went back out - no rain. For 8 days/nights. On the 9th day we were heading back out to Epcot around 5pm and DH really didn't feel like carrying the ponchos and we figured "eh, it won't rain".....and it did
For the eight days you prevented the rain by bringing your ponchos. Of course it rained the day you stopped carrying the rain-preventing ponchos.

Hoping the rain stopped for you!!! That must be hard for your mom to eat at restaurants with the Tapioca issue - I had no idea...it's good that they were pretty accommodating!!

Awww...that's too bad about the rain!! :sad2: We have had those days at Disney!! Hope it clears up and you can ride EE and the Safari!! :sunny:

Yeah, those days stink. Especially when it prevents you from doing something. This will not be the last time this trip...

Oh my! No fun in the rain. Glad you were able to get a deal on your tickets. Good on you for being polite while asking, too. :) How long have you been GF? One of my best friends is GF, as well as my sister in law and a few other teachers on staff. My friend has had Celiac since she was a kid, so she's really used to it, and said that many people are more understanding of her allergy now than in the past. Must be hard for your mom with all those extras too, although I taught a student with PKU and honestly, I think that one would be the hardest to deal with. He can only have a certain about of protein, so I would have to weigh the food on healthy snack day before giving it to him, and weigh the apple core when he was done because they needed to do calculations. He can never have any cheese or meats, or even aspartame (so no gum, EVER) because it can cause him brain damage! Scary. Why oh why are all these allergies and things happening to people?

Really hope you got to do your FP+ though! :)

And I love Disney chicken nuggets and fries too... have to get them each trip... possibly multiple times.

I have been GF since May so it is very new to me although my mom has been GF for two years now so I was very familiar with it before I had to go off gluten. The dairy and others are a more recent addition. PKU does seem like the worst! I met someone later in the trip who was also waiting for their allergy food who had that. I knew it was bad but I didn't realize how completely bad and scary it really was! It put things into perspective - someone always has it worse! So I try and remember that I have it "not as good as some but better than most".

I love all the Restaurantosaurus backstory info! I had no idea, and I can't remember the last time we were even in there. We ride Dinosaur but other than that we don't spend much time over there........I'd say maybe we'll try Restaurantosaurus next month but after trying the food at Harambe Market in August, I think I need to go back there lol!
Stinks about the rain :mad: One trip, we took our ponchos EVERY DAY, and would take them again if we returned to the resort and went back out - no rain. For 8 days/nights. On the 9th day we were heading back out to Epcot around 5pm and DH really didn't feel like carrying the ponchos and we figured "eh, it won't rain".....and it did ::yes:: Murphy's Law!
I hope I hear that you got your evening ride on EE because again, I did that in August and it's amazing!!!

You should definitely at least go in to Restaurantosaurus. We used to eat at Flame Tree or Pizzafari but ever since that Wild by Design tour Restaurantosaurus is our go-to! Later in the trip we did go to the Harambe Market. Stay tuned! :bored:

After this day, we always had ponchos in the car plus an umbrella, just in case. It still rained later. :upsidedow

Did you get one? It'll be cheaper in the long run. Also I'm a mosquito magnet at home, but I've literally never even seen a mosquito or had to use bug spray at Disney or Universal.

Soooo...no. To be honest, I was kind of afraid to after what had happened with the CM at AK. Now I wish I would have tried but at the time I didn't want to risk another incident.

That's annoying if you didn't know they should tell you not lecture you. I don't think you're were rude at all. I would've thought it would be best to do with Disney tickets too.

Right? I would have thought that there would have been some sort of..."priority", I guess, if you bought directly from Disney. Now I'm either getting a package or I'm going through UT. Sheesh!

Mine too! Omg we can go looking for the best french fries together :rotfl: One time a guy I was working with told me he didn't like french fries and that didn't compute with me like who doesn't like them?

YESSS!! That would be amazing! Put it on the list!!!

I can't imagine not liking french fries. My brother-in-law doesn't like popcorn. That doesn't make sense to me either. I can understand that some popcorn is not good but ALL popcorn?

Oh yeah we did QS for the first time last trip, and it was quite a wait. We couldn't even get our drink separately.

Every once in awhile, you get the drink but normally, no. The wait seems super long when you are hungry. We tried to eat off peak times so that it would hopefully go faster. It definitely sometimes affected whether we ate or not because at times, frankly, it was such a bother and a process that we didn't want to even go through it. We were also super hot and not that hungry anyway so that factored in.

I've never been on it boo.

What??? OMG!! Raeven! Is it on the list for Dec? It will definitely be on the must-dos for 2018.

My poncho made me feel like I was getting wet, but then I was dry so I guess it's an okay one. But different ones do feel different.

The disposable ones felt really funny and sticky. But I liked that I could just chuck it later without it taking up space and being wet in my bag.

Oh no I hope you got to go! Our AK night got rained out :sad1:

What is it with AK and rain? Booo!!!

Hoping the rain stopped for you!!! That must be hard for your mom to eat at restaurants with the Tapioca issue - I had no idea...it's good that they were pretty accommodating!!

Yeah, it makes eating out not so fun for her anymore. Unless it's a really expensive place. When she first got the news about tapioca, she shrugged and said that she didn't like tapioca pudding anyway. Little did we know that it was the go-to for GF foods. Arrowroot is also a good GF substitute but it's more expensive. She says the dairy is pretty difficult but the tapioca is the worst!

You. Have. Been. BUSY!!! Pshewwwwwwwwww I just finished reading your entire TR..... looks awesome so far AND now I need to get to updating mine haha

Soooo....no. To be honest, I was kind of afraid to after what had happened with the CM at AK. Now I wish I would have tried but at the time I didn't want to risk another incident.

Aw, I understand why you didn't though.

Right? I would have thought that there would have been some sort of..."priority", I guess, if you bought directly from Disney. Now I'm either getting a package or I'm going through UT. Sheesh!

I would've thought it would be only through them because you think they'd know their own prices best. I got my tickets through UT last time and they were a good price.

YESSS!! That would be amazing! Put it on the list!!!

I can't imagine not liking french fries. My brother-in-law doesn't like popcorn. That doesn't make sense to me either. I can understand that some popcorn is not good but ALL popcorn?

We're going to have such a long list :rotfl: but that sounds awesome!

What?! Not liking popcorn is another thing I don't understand. I used to have 2 friends in high school that didn't like popcorn so it was awful when we went to the movies because you can't eat it all yourself but you still want to get it...#thepopcornstruggle Josh doesn't really eat popcorn at the movies usually either.

Every once in awhile, you get the drink but normally, no. The wait seems super long when you are hungry. We tried to eat off peak times so that it would hopefully go faster. It definitely sometimes affected whether we ate or not because at times, frankly, it was such a bother and a process that we didn't want to even go through it. We were also super hot and not that hungry anyway so that factored in.

Yeah it wasn't terrible but sometimes it's weird it takes so long because gf one of the easier one to accommodate (at least I think so because there's still a lot on the menus available). Josh usually likes talking to the chef and getting shown around but at QS it was starting to bug us a little. Because you'd just say for example gf waffles and they'd put it in but still bring out a manager to restate that they were making it. We also felt like some of the employees (at the hotel, the parks were lovely about it) were annoyed that they had to go get the chef. I swear one girl at POFQ even rolled her eyes when he said it was a gf meal.

What??? OMG!! Raeven! Is it on the list for Dec? It will definitely be on the must-dos for 2018.

I missed it last year because I had just started feeling sick that day and it was closed this year! Haha yes it's on the list for december we got a fastpass for it. And it'll be on the list for 2018 too!

What is it with AK and rain? Booo!!!!

Ugh I know! :cool:

We're going to have such a long list :rotfl: but that sounds awesome!

What?! Not liking popcorn is another thing I don't understand. I used to have 2 friends in high school that didn't like popcorn so it was awful when we went to the movies because you can't eat it all yourself but you still want to get it...#thepopcornstruggle Josh doesn't really eat popcorn at the movies usually either.

Haha! Right?? But that should be one of the higher ones on the list.

Neither does Blair. I HAVE to have popcorn at the movies. I get whatever size I feel like and say to heck with it. I can put away a LOT of popcorn. And then Blair ends up wanting some anyway. :sad2: He swears he doesn't want any.... so if I'm going with him I always get a large. If I'm by myself, a medium. Now AMC theaters have Coke Freestyle so I get my popcorn and my orange coke and I get to watch a movie. #dreamsdocometrue

I swear one girl at POFQ even rolled her eyes when he said it was a gf meal.

There were a couple of places that were definitely not happy to see two of us with allergies. But most were really good about it. And really really nice. And you know your food is safe because they check and double check! I just started to envy the people who could order without a problem. I guess I should also be thankful that I can walk and get on and off rides, buses just fine. There are some people who can't do that either!

I missed it last year because I had just started feeling sick that day and it was closed this year! Haha yes it's on the list for december we got a fastpass for it. And it'll be on the list for 2018 too!

And the list grows.... :tongue:

You. Have. Been. BUSY!!! Pshewwwwwwwwww I just finished reading your entire TR..... looks awesome so far AND now I need to get to updating mine haha

Haha. I have!! I'm really trying to make up for all those previous failed attempts!

Haha! Right?? But that should be one of the higher ones on the list.

Neither does Blair. I HAVE to have popcorn at the movies. I get whatever size I feel like and say to heck with it. I can put away a LOT of popcorn. And then Blair ends up wanting some anyway. :sad2: He swears he doesn't want any.... so if I'm going with him I always get a large. If I'm by myself, a medium. Now AMC theaters have Coke Freestyle so I get my popcorn and my orange coke and I get to watch a movie. #dreamsdocometrue

Yes! :laughing: That's pretty much what Josh does. He always says he doesn't want it and if I offer him some he'll say he doesn't but occasionally he'll just start eating it and then eat most of it :rotfl: I usually just end up with a medium or a small. I always eat the whole small though so it's better to go bigger.

There were a couple of places that were definitely not happy to see two of us with allergies. But most were really good about it. And really really nice. And you know your food is safe because they check and double check! I just started to envy the people who could order without a problem. I guess I should also be thankful that I can walk and get on and off rides, buses just fine. There are some people who can't do that either!

They're great in most places! Josh actually loves it. He says he gets special treatment. But I did notice a few people seem annoyed. In those cases we totally wished they didn't have to call the chef either and could just put it in, but since it seems to be protocol they have to. Josh has been gf for 3 years and while we have to wait sometimes it's not really so bad. Some of the time his food tasted better than mine too!

And the list grows.... :tongue:

:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter