Worst day of the week for MK?

MinnieS11

Earning My Ears
I’m trying to figure out my days for each park. I intended to put MK on a Monday, but now I’m hearing that Monday’s are very busy. Would Sunday be better or worse?

I’m trying to figure out my days for each park. I intended to put MK on a Monday, but now I’m hearing that Monday’s are very busy. Would Sunday be better or worse?

The general rule of thumb I’ve always heard is the weekends are the worst, due to people arriving for their trips on Friday/Saturday and wanting their first park day to be MK. With that being said, I’ve typically looked at expected crowd calendars when planning my trips. They’re not exact, but I’ve had decent success

Saturdays or Sundays due to local AP holders. This is true of all the parks. We try to schedule our trips so we are in the parks M-F and not on the weekends. Although on occasion we have to go on the weekend just based on the length of the trip.

I’ve found that Sunday (early) is better for MK than Monday-

Saturdays (Sundays to a lesser degree) are crowded because locals and quick-weekend trip people fill it up.

Full-scale vacationers tend to fill the MK on Mondays. The thought process is, "We came to Disney, and MK is the main thing we want to see, so we're going to do it first."

I'd say Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are the best days for MK. Having said that, check the hours; the parks may close earlier mid-week. And check for fireworks and parades -- they may not be offered mid-week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter