World Showcase Touring after Skyliner Opens

DisLiss

DIS Veteran
Sorry, if I've missed it, (I did try to search, but to no avail.) but have we discussed the changes to World Showcase touring strategies that may occur once the Skyliner opens? I was just pondering that today.

The Skyliner, while never bringing as many guests to EPCOT as buses and cars do, will still be dumping a much higher number of guests off at the International Gateway than that entrance normally sees.

I know some folks love the tip of working the park "backwards", so to speak, and touring World Showcase first, then Future World. Previously, because WS opens later than FW, this strategy always seemed less popular than other park touring tips (In other words, while it may work, many folks just didn't like it.) , and I wonder if more folks arriving right there at the gateway may significantly alter how well that tip works for folks once the Skyliner starts running.

So do you think that people arriving at the International Gateway will automatically stick to the World Showcase? Or perhaps only if they arrive later? Or will they opt to stay even if it's not open yet? Or will they still go with their normal routine?

(And I guess a related question might be: "Will Disney change the hours of World Showcase based on the Skyline opening?" )

Maybe we already know all of this or have speculated on it to death and I've been living under a rock, but today is the first time it ever occurred to me for some reason! :D

My guess is that the volume of guests entering via the International Gateway will be highest in the morning hours, before most of the World Showcase is open. In my opinion, the Skyliner shouldn’t make much of a difference in the distribution of guests at any particular time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter