World Disney Trip for Honeymoon

Cortezwiley

Earning My Ears
So this post will cover about 6 different sub-forums so I figured I could probably still post it here and be alright, sorry admins if I'm wrong.

So here's the deal, I proposed in October to my g/f, where else but in front of the castle at MK. We are getting in to our wedding planning phase and our wedding date is Aug '18. The plan is to get married in San Diego at La Jolla Cove, then start our awesome honeymoon but going to California DL both parks. Then Fly from there to Hong Kong for HK DL, then Shanghai DL, then Tokyo for DL and DS and climb Mt. Fuji. It will be a 3 week experience.

My problem is I'm having trouble finding some of the finer details that is easy to find for WDW. Like do all DL parks offer complementary airport transportation? Menus? What the got to have reservation (comparable to CRT)? I can't really find any good English guides for these parks, other than just YouTube videos but I feel watching these all day takes the joy out of seeing these for the first time in person. Any help would be appreciated so much. Thank You.

*Going to DL Paris, Aug '17

So this post will cover about 6 different sub-forums so I figured I could probably still post it here and be alright, sorry admins if I'm wrong.

So here's the deal, I proposed in October to my g/f, where else but in front of the castle at MK. We are getting in to our wedding planning phase and our wedding date is Aug '18. The plan is to get married in San Diego at La Jolla Cove, then start our awesome honeymoon but going to California DL both parks. Then Fly from there to Hong Kong for HK DL, then Shanghai DL, then Tokyo for DL and DS and climb Mt. Fuji. It will be a 3 week experience.

My problem is I'm having trouble finding some of the finer details that is easy to find for WDW. Like do all DL parks offer complementary airport transportation? Menus? What the got to have reservation (comparable to CRT)? I can't really find any good English guides for these parks, other than just YouTube videos but I feel watching these all day takes the joy out of seeing these for the first time in person. Any help would be appreciated so much. Thank You.

*Going to DL Paris, Aug '17
You will receive more responses if you post in the respective park threads.

Your questions best fit the "Other Lands" forum:
http://www.disboards.com/forums/other-lands.176/

Moving you there for more responses. :)

Sounds good. Thank You.
You're welcome!

Congrats on your upcoming marriage. La Jolla Cove is beautiful. If you are in need of a wedding photographer in the San Diego area, Nathaniel Kam is excellent. We have amazing photos from both daughters' weddings!

Disneyland does not have a free shuttle. You have to pay for theirs. The menus are online for Disneyland (or at least use to be) but they do not accept reservations until 60 days in advance and some even less then that. I would say if you want to do Carthay Circle, Cafe Orleans, or Blue Bayou you definitely have to book in advance.

I've never been to the other parks so can't be of much help there. I'm still trying to convince my fiance to do a 1 day trip to Disneyland Paris in the middle of our London honeymoon later this year.

Last edited:
Wil-Heck yeah, take the unground train to Paris Central then the RER A straight there. That's our plan for this August.

hiro - Thank You, Our wedding package includes a photographer but we are also considering doing photos with DisneyWeddings in California while we are there and using PhotoPass for the International DL's.

Sounds amazing, @Cortezwiley! Nathaniel flew to WDW to shoot younger DD's wedding; he does amazing location shots in San Diego.

Have fun planning - both DLP and your wedding! :)

Paris doesnt, the bus from the airport is about 22 dollar per person per oneway, takes about 45-60 minutes and stops at the parks and the hotels. There are machines and a ticket office inside from where the buses leave.

Taking the Subway you first have to go to Paris and then transfer to Disney. Takes at least 1.5 hours. There are machines but it is usually very busy and sometimes hard to find where the tickets to Disney are in the machines and I can never find staff to help when I need them. Personally I would not recommend this one after aan longhaul flight with jetlag.

You can also take train, which you have to reserve in advance, but France has a really weird train schedule, very irregular and usually in the mornings during the weekend it's worse. It does only take 10 minutes to the park.

For train and subway station it takes a few to about 10-15 minutes walking to the parks or hotels.

My research forum the Asian parks (Sep '17) leads to that they are all easy accessible by public transportation but all against payment.

Each website has a section on how to get to the park, which I found helpful.

I knew that Shanghai offered the Free Disney transport from Airport, just like Orlando does but was unsure about Tokyo since it's not technically owned by Disney just licensed. I'd hope that HK had, but came across the same information simply stating how to actually get to the parks from the airport and different forms of transport.

Congratulations on getting engaged! Sounds like an awesome trip. Is there a term for someone who has been to all the Disney parks in the world (like how if you go on all 4 Disney cruise ships it's a Grand Slam)? :)

I'll just chime in on the Tokyo Disney Resort part since we were there last June.

Taking the limousine bus (for a fee) from the airport would be the easiest way to get to TDR, but I think it only runs from 8 am to 6 pm, so that might be a consideration when booking your flights.

Only Disney hotel guests can make restaurant reservations online and only for the days of the stay. Otherwise, they accept same day reservations in person, but you'd have to go pretty early for best chances.

This is the best website for all things TDR. They also have info on Shanghai and Hong Kong.
http://tdrexplorer.com/

This is a good one for TDR restaurants, he usually has a photo of the menu.
http://www.honorablerat.com/

The Tokyo Disneyland website also has menus in Japanese only, but not hard to figure out with the photos and Google translate.

Are you planning to go right after your wedding in August? It's really hot and humid then.

Have fun planning!

oh wow, thank you for that information, the wedding is at the end of August so we should be in Tokyo around mid-September. I looked up weather and noticed similar weather to Texas, where I reside. I was unaware of the Limo but that sounds like it's be awesome and fit for a pair of honeymooners.

Awww, well still that'll work. Thank you for the info and that website has LOADS of stuff about all the Asians DL's.

I read something similar to this article about the incident including a couple of American/European guests that witnessed the same type of behavior. Many had hoped with time this would improve, but I know I'm the pick up my own trash type of person. Another incident was a woman from the UK saw a child peeing a trashcan in plain site. Hopefully this is not a norm but I most definitely be a cultural shock regardless.

sounds like an awesome time!!
We just came back from Shanghai and Tokyo - such great parks!!! We saw no bad behavior in Shanghai- i was expecting it but was pleasantly surprised. No problems with any guests or queues and the staff was amazing! You will have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter