Wonderland Tea Party okay for boys?

Amy M

DIS Veteran
My girls enjoyed the Wonderland Tea party this past June. Next June we are traveling with my sister's family and she has 2 boys (8 & 5). Has anyone sent boys to the Wonderland Tea party and if so, did they like it? We went ahead and booked it for all 4 kids, but may end up cancelling later.

Maybe show them a youtube video and ask if they would like it? My DS is 9 and, honestly, he wouldn't be caught dead there. He probably would have done it at 5 years old, though. If they aren't interested, perhaps consider one of the kids-only pirate cruises out of some of the resorts? There is one at GF. DS LOVES the one that runs out of the YC marina. You could also send them all to one of the kids clubs (Sandcastle Club and Lilo's Playhouse are really neat).

My girls enjoyed the Wonderland Tea party this past June. Next June we are traveling with my sister's family and she has 2 boys (8 & 5). Has anyone sent boys to the Wonderland Tea party and if so, did they like it? We went ahead and booked it for all 4 kids, but may end up cancelling later.

Not a matter of it being 'ok' - it is!! But, at those ages, doubt they would enjoy being there. Feel sure they would certainly be outnumbered by girls. Our boys would not have wanted to be there!

Well, as you know, the Mad Hatter is there along with Alice, so maybe he adds to the boy appeal? Are your girls old enough that you could ask them if they think their boy cousins would enjoy it? I'd think it'd be a safer bet for the 5-year-old than the 8-year-old.

My daughter did both the Wonderland Tea Party and the Pirate Adventure Cruise. She was 4. At both, there was a young boy (maybe 3 or 4 years old, it wasn't the same boy both times) who freaked out and refused to do the event. But I don't think it had anything to do with the kid thinking the tea party was girly. It seemed to be entirely about separation anxiety and the pressure of the situation. I don't think a 5-year-old boy would feel out of place in the room, even if it is mostly girls. The Mad Hatter is there and from the pictures, he kept everybody laughing. I'm not sure if an 8-year-old would enjoy it or not. The kids seemed younger than that to me. You decorate and eat a cupcake, decorate your own teapot and cup to take home, and get a little bouquet of flowers.

I was thinking the same thing too. My girls loved the tea party, but we may skip it next year since we are traveling with my sister and her family. This will also be our first time park hopping, so I don't want to be too "scheduled" either. I will hold the reservation until closer to the trip, just in case. Thanks for the opinions!

I'm sure it is OK but my boys wouldn't have been too excited about it. It seems to me that there are much better "boyish" options available for them. Pirates League, Pirates & Pals, the pirates cruis, mini golf etc

Showing them a video is a great idea. My boys are 6 and 8 and definitely would have given me a hard time about going. I'd say spend your money on something they'll really enjoy.

My son did it twice and loved it both times, but he was 4 and 6 when he did it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter