Wonderful dinner at BOG!

cmsnyder77

Mouseketeer
We ate at BOG on Friday, April 5. All in our party are in agreement that it was by far the best meal and experience of our trip! The cast included myself, DD13, DD3, and DN(niece) 17.

After our pager went off, we were greeted at the door by the hostess, who handed a candelabra to DD3 and asked her to carry it to help lead the way to our table. She of course took this task very seriously. It was soooo sweet! As others have described, the inside of the castle is absolutely breathtaking. We were seated in the grand ballroom, which was our favorite room.

The only negative part of the experience was that the service was kind of slow. It seemed to take forever to receive our drinks. Not a big deal, though. DD13 and I started with french onion soup, and DN had potato leek soup. DD3 ate all of the cheese off the top of mine, so I didn't fully experience it. I would say it was okay, though. Since we paid OOP, I think I would skip an appetizer in the future, as it wasn't anything special.

Next came the rolls, which were warm from the oven and perfectly crusty. We enjoyed these.

For our meals, DN and I had the steak. We both thought the steak was fabulous. The pommes frites with dipping sauce were also scrumptious! The sauce really added a lot and was quite addictive. DD13 had the salmon, and completely cleaned her plate. DD3 had the grilled chicken with broccoli and pasta with marinara sauce. The broccoli disappeared before I knew it, then she started on the rest of her meal. She ate at least half. I think the low lighting helped, because if I had set a similar meal in front of her at home, she probably wouldn't have eaten it. I was happy that she ate so well.

Finally, the dessert!!! DD13 and I had the strawberry cupcake, while DN and DD3 had chocolate cupcakes. Wow - the strawberry cupcake was truly to die for! We absolutely loved it! DN said the chocolate cupcake was the best dessert she had all week. I tasted DD3's cupcake and didn't think it was that special, but good.

One big surprise was that when she brought the desserts, our server said, "I thought you girls might want to try The Grey Stuff" and set down a plate of it. DD13 and DN were thrilled. It tasted kind of like whipped cream, I would say. It was really neat.

Be Our Guest will definitely be #1 on our list to eat at again in the future! I highly recommend it!!! :love:

thanks for posting your review! It sounds like you had a really great time. I think that this is the meal that I'm most looking forward to for our trip.... this just gets me even more excited!! :yay:

How sweet of the CM to let your DD hold the candelabra.
Counting down for our first trip to try BOG. Huge fan of B&B, the atmosphere must be truly magical.
From pics I've seen the food looks amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter