Wolfgang Puck Cafe-we ate there 3 times in one trip! Lots of pix!

Dizneydaz

DIS Veteran
102_3786.jpg

I’ve been meaning to do a Dining Report for our trip last Sept. but have never gotten around to it. I had someone ask me about Wolfgang Puck’s Café and I decided to started a thread with my review of our 3 meals here (not a typo we really ate here 3 times). So here goes…

Cast-Me, DM50, the planner of all our trips. DD10. Turned 10 on this trip. Since DDP was free I had her as an adult so she could have her choice of a kid or adult’s meal. And my DM70-she goes with us on every trip and keeps up with us so well that I frequently forgot her age.

As I mentioned we ate there 3 times last Sept (in free DDP) and each time was delicious. We had finally eaten at WPE (Wolfgang Puck Express) for the first time the year before and quickly named it one of our favorite CS (We ate at the one nearest DQ, Westside) so we figured to give the TS restaurant a try.

Since we were at WDW during free DDP sometimes getting a TS meal can be difficult. I always make at least one ADR a day but since we don't visit the 4 main parks everyday sometimes we have to change some of our ADRs. But here is an example of a great TS restaurant we ate at without and ADR.:wizard:

So, on the 9th day of our 12 day trip (9-20) we were looking for a place to have a late lunch. We had been to DQ having a great time and we had late (about 9:15) ADRS for Raglan Road for dinner. We walked around for a few minutes and since it was pretty hot out, we wanted to get out of the sun and eat. We decided to give Wolfgang Pucks a try. Being as it was about 2:30 I figured we wouldn’t have a problem getting in. We didn’t. We left DQ at about 2:35 and we were seated at our table around 2:45. We only waited for our table for about 5 min. or so. :)

The room has a nice view of the water and a good feel. We were seated at an interior table (this was a reoccurring theme). Our server was very nice. As you are being seated you are taken by the dessert station where they make the desserts fresh. They all looked really scumptious! It was going to hard to make a choice (okay 3 choices!)

102_3771.jpg

You are given a basket of breads for the table to share. Delicious! This is a picture of the breads after we had some.

102_3775.jpg

DD10 ordered Three Cheese Ravioli - Shaved garlic with a smooth tomato sauce $17.95 with added meatballs $5.95. (why not, it didn’t cost us anymore-love eating on the DDP!) She loved this and it was a huge serving. Easily sharable. She loves ravioli.:lovestruc

WDW09486-1.jpg

That is one small girl with one big plate of pasta (Oh, and that's face painting on the side of her face. She got her face painted the day before as a special treat for her 10th birthday)

My DM ordered the Pepperoni Pizza - roasted garlic, and sautéed mushrooms $13.95. We were both ordering an entrée and share them. We decided against ordering anything too heavy.

102_3773.jpg

So I ordered the Chef's Sampler Platter - Spicy tuna roll with 5 pieces of nigiri sushi and 3 pieces of fresh sashimi,edamame soy beans, and shiitake mushroom miso soup $24.95. This Sampler is allowed as an entrée on the plan. Yippee!

105_4054.jpg

Miso Soup-DD10 helped eat this. Tasty. Not too salty.

WDW09488-1.jpg

Sushi Sampler-very well prepared, fresh, and tasty!

All the food was really good. We had had the Wood Fired Pizza before from WP Express so we knew that it was good. The sushi was also very good. And so much of it. I don't recall there being any wasabi on it-this seems pretty typical of most sushi that gets served to gringos;)

We all ordered iced tea (regular) and it was cold and good. The waitress kept it flowing.

Once we finished it was time for the big decision-what to have for dessert? Well it was no problem for DD. She had Key Lime Pie for the first time in Sept. 08 at WPE and it is now one of her favorite desserts! She had talked about having it again at WPE for months. So, of course that’s what she ordered. Florida Key Lime Pie - Swiss meringue with a buttery graham cracker crust $7.95. This was excellent. Did not disappoint.

WDW09490-1.jpg

I ordered the Double Chocolate Mud Pie - Chocolate ice cream, brownies and pecans with chocolate sauce $7.95 I love mud pie and this one didn’t disappoint. Very good, loved the pecans. Had it one more time.

102_3777.jpg

Close up of mud pie

My DM ordered the Sugar Free Cheesecake Mousse - With raspberry puree and fresh berries $7.95 It was good but not as good as it looked. I can’t remember now what exactly wasn’t so good about it but we didn’t order it again. Not bad, just not as good as the other desserts.

102_3778.jpg

Close up of mousse

We were seated at about 2:45, got our entrees at 3:00, desserts at 3:28, and we were outside at 3:47. We had a nice leisurely lunch and left there (very)full and refreshed. We liked it so much that we ended up having dinner there the next day, and a late lunch the following day (my DM’s 70th birthday).

Here's DD giving our meal 2 thumbs up!
102_3779.jpg

Okay, so that was our first meal at WPC, the other reviews will follow shortly, I promise.

Hope you enjoy reading about our dining experience as much as we did having it. Makes me want to go back right now!:laughing:

Wow, that all looks really good. I may need to make an ADR for this place!

Hi there, I am the one who begged for this information, and Thank you so much!:hug: What a wonderful first review and pictures!!!!:thumbsup2 I can't believe the size of your DDs ravioli dish!!!! WOW! I am still drooling over the desserts! We went on our first stay-on-Disney-property vacation 2 years ago with a DxDDP! We've been there on day trips, so we grabbed something quick to eat on those trips. Anyway, I was very new at making ressies, and did make one at Wolfgang's, but eventually switched it out for something else because the reviews were iffy. I am loving this information! We are definitely eating one of our quick service meals at the Express place, that's been decided, but now, I am thinking about making a ressie there for a dinner.

Bring on more.......:banana:

Thanks. And yes the (adult) ravioli was a huge serving-no way she could eat all of it. :scared1:

The desserts were really good (except for the one noted and it was okay). We had some different ones in other meals which I'll review shortly though I had the mud pie twice and DD had the Key Lime Pie twice.

For all 3 meals we ate there we didn't make a single ADR, but then we did eat at off times. Twice between 2-3 p.m. and for dinner at about 9 p.m. The most we waited was about 10 min. Since we were walk-ins I was very happy about this.:goodvibes

We're from California and eating late doesn't bother us. Plus even when we are at home we tend to eat later. 7 or 8 most nights.

WPC is a nice choice on days you don't go to the parks. The night we had dinner there we spent the day at Typhoon Lagoon, grabbed a nap and spent some time around POP then went to dinner.

I love wolfgang Puck cafe but DH not so much so we will be giving it a miss on this trip - I will definitely miss the key lime pie :sad2:

Love the review! We have always loved this restaurant and have never had a bad meal there. I look forward to visiting again this August.

Looing forward to the next review!

Just in time! I'm trying to decide whether to swap our last day's lunch AdR at Kona for Wolgand Puck Cafe. I love sushi and my DH loves pizza. Seems like a no-brainer, right? We will be driving from Poly back to Atlanta *that's why I had originally booked Kona). Maybe it won't be so hard to detour to DTD.

Great first review. I currently have a reservation there for dinner on our first night but am not 100% sure about keeping it so I'm definitely looking forward to your other 2 reviews. Thank you!

Love the review and can't wait for the rest. We are thinking of adding this for our next trip so looking forward to hearing about your other two meals.

Thanks for the review. I would not have tried there until I saw your pictures so when we are in DTD I guess we will give it a try.

Thank you so much for doing this review. I booked WPC for our August trip and haven't heard much about it. Can't wait to read more (and see more scrumptious pictures).:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the comments. :) I will do the other 2 soon, I promise. I've been working for the Census and we were just extended for a few weeks. We were going to be done by June 25th now we are going until July 9th. So, as you can imagine I havent' been able to spend as much time on the boards as I would like.:sad2:

(Isn't it a bummer when work cuts into your Disney time? I mean how am I supposed to squeeze in trips to DLR, while DD10 is out of schoo,l if I have to keep working!:confused::rotfl:)

Stay tuned.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter