• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WL or AKL? What's your preference?

Disneymoon04

<font color=FF99CC>First stop, Adventurers Club to
I didn't want to start a new post about roughly the same thing, so I just edited this one. Thanks to Janet for her help... we have narrowed it down to the WL or AKL. We're staying 10 days at CSR and then adding 2 non park days to completely relax and enjoy the resort... and just have a perfect ending to our honeymoon. Unfortunately now that we've got it narrowed down, we're having a hard time picking just one. So, which do you prefer - WL or AKL?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post
Decided to add 2 days at a deluxe to our 10 day CSR stay...(HELP!) for our honeymoon. We're not planning on buying park tickets... just a chance to enjoy the resort and relax from the previous 10 days of park hopping.

What would you suggest? The WL looks great with the honeymoon rooms, but I've heard so many wonderful things about the AKL conceierge perks. SAB at YC/BC looks great, plus it's close to the boardwalk for nightly entertainment...

Why does Disney offer so many great places? Makes it tough to decide... LOL!:p... especially since we'll be there with no park time.

Disneymoon04, congratulations on your upcoming honeymoon. How exciting!

Since you will be on your honeymoon, you should book the one deluxe resort that your heart desires. That is a must in order for the fairy tale marriage to begin properly. ;) By the way, I should mention that you can't go wrong with any of the WDW resorts, so just pick the one that your heart flutters the most for.

My favorite deluxe is the AKL, while my husband's is the GF. My second favorite deluxe is the BW (and the YC and the CR and the WL and the GF and the ...). Again, all of them are magical and have something unique to offer.

From what I've read about the AKL's sixth floor concierge rooms, you'll either have a pool view or a view of Sunset Savannah. You may want to ask for a fifth floor concierge room that overlooks a different savannah (remember, you may only *request* the room & view, but Disney will try hard to make your request a reality). As to the Sunrise Safari, you will need theme park admission for the Animal Kingdom because once the safari is over, you are on your own inside the theme park. I was on the very first Sunrise Safari and it was wonderful. And the buffet was scrumptious.

If you decide to stay at the AKL, I hope you enjoy that resort as much as I have.

Thanks for the info Janet! The video and pics are great on that site!

I think we're leaning to the AKL or WL, just because they're less hotelish... does that make any sense? LOL.:p I'm sure in actuality we'll sleep most of it to recover from our previous 10 park days, but I just want to make sure there is enough to do for 2 days straight and the atmosphere is comfy.

Disneymoon04, I can't think of a more perfect resort to relax in than the AKL, especially if you are a concierge guest. When my family stays at the AKL, we never want to leave it (we have left it for the Sunrise Safari, but that's about all). And in my humble opinion, the AKL concierge staff is the best on WDW property. They have always made us feel welcome.

Again, no matter what resort you choose, I'm sure it will be perfect. Have fun planning!

bump.gif

If I were planning a weekend getaway with my dh I would definitely choose the WL. It is so laid back and peaceful there. There's also a beach which AKL does not have. It would be no contest for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter