Within 24 hours I left my job, my boyfriend, and life behind to go work for Walt Disney World!

You gave your dream your best shot and won't ever have to wonder "what if.....". You are young and have a solid plan, I just know you will be back at Disney. Just sorry we won't see you in December.

I have followed along and really enjoyed your story. You have been very courageous and strong. You did want most of us only dream about and you did it well! I had the pleasure of meeting you the beginning of September, you took mine and my daughters pictures in front of the pumpkins and I said I had been reading your report. You were so nice, it was so hot and you were so good with all the guests. Thank you, Good Luck with all your endeavors.

Good Luck...did you get the job back home?

Like many other people you totally hooked me with your story and I've been following along. I am pretty jealous of your adventure. I've always been way too cautious of a person. Don't get discouraged. There are so many times in my life when I didn't get a job or something didn't happen the way I wanted it do and I wondered why not. I usually found out that I really dodged a bullet and that I would have been miserable or there was some other opportunity waiting for me.

Good luck to you. I hope everything works out in whatever what it is meant to work out for you.

Just spent the last couple of hours reading your posts. It made me wish I was 25 years younger myself. So I could go on an adventure like you. Thank You

BTW, I am from Charlestown myself.

Good Luck

Wow unreal story.I was hoping you would be able to pull it off.And the hell you went though to stay there.I am sure one day you will be back with your own place to stay and a guy to help support the dream!Best Wishes.

Definitely ugly cried my way through this story. Thank you so much for writing this. Some of us have different sort of adventures, but we're all meant to have them, and I can't think of a better adventure than the one you had that was meant solely for you. I think Aladdin would be jealous of you!

Hope you're doing well and that I'll see you out in the wonderful world of Disney if you're around come next year September. You'd be such a gem to meet.

So thats why I didn't see you when we were there!!!???!! Good luck to you and hope to see you on Main Street soon!!

That's great you can remain a seasonal employee. That way if you want you can plan on your move instead, and maybe have better luck this next time. Since you know disney was interested in keeping you might be able to move down completely next summer. If you still want too. Good luck

I ran across your report today and am impressed with your courage and drive to follow your dreams. Have you ever considered a job with Disney Cruise Line? We love all the magic onboard the ships and the crew has all been amazing. It would be a good way to make magic (while also making money with very little expenses).

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I didn't see this coming. I have been trying and planning to save for registering the car and everything. I was told that for the summer time I would be getting 30-40 hour weeks, but the average has been about 15.
I really wonder if that is standard operating procedure fr WDW-promise hours then not delivering?

Anyway_I thought of you Kahlie this week when watching that new show "My crazy ex Girlfriend"-she moves across the country-but its her exuberant dancing and singing that just seemed like YOU!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=my+cra...12&sp=2&cvid=25c8315e64724e0a9c8b5954472623af

Hello from Boston!
I just felt the need to update everyone! Is that wrong? I don't know how trip reports are supposed to end, but it just felt like such a rushed ending to such a crazy adventure we went through together! I need proper closure with you all!!! haha.
GUYS. IT'S COLD. I am currently living back at home. I got a job at an amazing salon in the city of Boston. I am still carless, but luckily I live right by a subway station into the city. I am absolutely LOVING being back home in the beautiful fall weather. I love waking up every day and traveling into the city every day. (Shhhh, I know I will not be saying that come Snow time!)
I have to tell you, it is such a weird feeling. I walk to work in the city and can't believe just a few weeks ago I was standing in front of the castle every day.
I have found a new love for my hometown of Boston. It's weird, I feel like a tourist in my own area. I was never a city kid, I grew up in the suburbs, so actually working and being in the city I have found a new sense of adventure. Well wait, that statement isn't true - A sense of adventure is always running through my veins! hahaha. It is strange though, it's a similar feeling to when I moved down to Orlando and was exploring that this summer, only now I'm exploring a semi-familiar place.
As you all know, when I made the move to FL, I ended things with my (now-EX) boyfriend. Well, the majority of my friends and people I hung out with evolved around my ex. Which means that right now, It's almost like I am starting a new, fresh life.
I do have to say that I LOVE being able to go to work in my normal hair (Well... "normal" for me!) and my tattoos and crazy lipsticks!
I am blue for now! haha. Here is a photo of me from yesterday by the pond by my house. It has been such perfect fall weather, I'm in love. I adore living by nature but also being close to the city!

OC0f5QX.jpg

8bGifH1.jpg

As far as Disney goes, I am HOPING to be able to go down for the Holidays in a few months to get some hours in! It almost feels like I was on a long, weird, vacation from life all summer. haha.

Anyways, Just a tiny update for you all. The last post I made was so LONG, and I was an over-emotional wreck and I feel like my writing was all over the place.
So yeah... Back in Boston, Love the Salon I'm working at, and still adventuring!
I feel sad. I am going to miss writing to you all! What do I do know?! I need a new adventure to report on!!! hahaha.

Well, Thank you all again for your love and support through my crazy Disney journey!
Please feel free to PM me to keep in touch and let me know if any of you will be around WDW this Holiday season!

Adventure is out there!
Love,
Khalee
//DreamLikeWalt
xoxoxox

Hello from Boston!
I just felt the need to update everyone! Is that wrong? I don't know how trip reports are supposed to end, but it just felt like such a rushed ending to such a crazy adventure we went through together! I need proper closure with you all!!! haha.
GUYS. IT'S COLD. I am currently living back at home. I got a job at an amazing salon in the city of Boston. I am still carless, but luckily I live right by a subway station into the city. I am absolutely LOVING being back home in the beautiful fall weather. I love waking up every day and traveling into the city every day. (Shhhh, I know I will not be saying that come Snow time!)
I have to tell you, it is such a weird feeling. I walk to work in the city and can't believe just a few weeks ago I was standing in front of the castle every day.
I have found a new love for my hometown of Boston. It's weird, I feel like a tourist in my own area. I was never a city kid, I grew up in the suburbs, so actually working and being in the city I have found a new sense of adventure. Well wait, that statement isn't true - A sense of adventure is always running through my veins! hahaha. It is strange though, it's a similar feeling to when I moved down to Orlando and was exploring that this summer, only now I'm exploring a semi-familiar place.
As you all know, when I made the move to FL, I ended things with my (now-EX) boyfriend. Well, the majority of my friends and people I hung out with evolved around my ex. Which means that right now, It's almost like I am starting a new, fresh life.
I do have to say that I LOVE being able to go to work in my normal hair (Well... "normal" for me!) and my tattoos and crazy lipsticks!
I am blue for now! haha. Here is a photo of me from yesterday by the pond by my house. It has been such perfect fall weather, I'm in love. I adore living by nature but also being close to the city!

OC0f5QX.jpg

8bGifH1.jpg

As far as Disney goes, I am HOPING to be able to go down for the Holidays in a few months to get some hours in! It almost feels like I was on a long, weird, vacation from life all summer. haha.

Anyways, Just a tiny update for you all. The last post I made was so LONG, and I was an over-emotional wreck and I feel like my writing was all over the place.
So yeah... Back in Boston, Love the Salon I'm working at, and still adventuring!
I feel sad. I am going to miss writing to you all! What do I do know?! I need a new adventure to report on!!! hahaha.

Well, Thank you all again for your love and support through my crazy Disney journey!
Please feel free to PM me to keep in touch and let me know if any of you will be around WDW this Holiday season!

Adventure is out there!
Love,
Khalee
//DreamLikeWalt
xoxoxox
Glad to hear you are happy and doing well! Funny thing about life- one moment feeling so small and so down and then life goes on!!!! Thanks for the update. We are preparing for our first Christmas trip Nov 28-Dec 5. Can't wait!

Hello from Southern NH!
Glad to hear you are settling in but still feel like all is fresh and new!
We will be at Disney 9-17 January...if you are there we will look for you!

LOVE the hair!

It has been i while since last checked in with your report. I was hoping to see you when we visit the world in February. But I see you have moved on to a new adventure, best wishes for you in all that you do. Keep your adventurous spirit!

Haven't checked in for a while and see you are back in Boston, love the blue hair and good luck following your dream.

It's been wonderful reading your trip report! Would love to hear how you're doing and what plans you have for this coming year! Are you heading back to your season position on Main Street or staying in Boston?

Hope all is well with you. Thank you for sharing your story (the good and the not-so-good) with us!

popcorn::.... I'm still reading ....

Be sure to visit the Maparium in Boston! It's cool.

From start to finish, or to be continued, this life story was a reminder to me, how quickly life can change, and how fast life can throw curve ball after curve ball before leavening out and becoming manageable again. This document of life also reminded me of how I wished I had done things different in my younger years. Following a dream or taking a chance and having the faith to follow my heart to whatever I may find, was something I regret not doing at that age. The age of finding oneself and figuring out where we stand in life. It may be a lifelong journey to most, but it's about getting out there and having that leap of faith that you are doing something that will either lead you down the path of riteousness or be a memorable lesson to learn in the end. Khalee may have shown a side a lot of us wish we had the guts to be or do, if given the chance. And perhaps some of those with questionable posts or those over-analyzing the whole story may have been the ones more so wishing they had done something differently in their own lives. It's just my personal observation. For me, I see a young woman putting herself out there in the world to chase a dream and to follow her heart and instincts. And if that's not what life is about, in the big scheme of finding oneself, I don't know what is. I give major props to this young woman for sharing her defeats and her accomplishments with everyone and anyone, and that in itself shows her character and her perseeverence on how she can live her own life, make responsible choices in her best interest and still chase after her dreams. I wish nothing but the best for you, Khalee, and thank you for your personal investment in sharing with everyone. I loved hearing about your journeys and following:) Whether it works for you or not at MK, at least now you can say you have that under your belt;) and have a great story to tell!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!