Wine Tasting 2.0 Sign Up for Monday 12/13 @4PM - Closed

I might just have to put Jeff in charge of the K table. :)

Welcome LocustPoint Mary, mdvlprof Jennifer , and their spouses to the group. :thumbsup2

Is Kathy/Katherine/Katie this year's Kim?

Jeff as our table monitor? Oh dear Lord, we are all in trouble!!!!

Is Kathy/Katherine/Katie this year's Kim?

Jeff as our table monitor? Oh dear Lord, we are all in trouble!!!!

That could be a difficult group to handle. Thank goodness Dodie doesn't start with a K. ;)

How much time should I allow? Will we make it to 1st seating at dinner, or should we make other plans [like room service]?

How much time should I allow? Will we make it to 1st seating at dinner, or should we make other plans [like room service]?

The tastings run about 45 minutes. You'll have plenty of time for 1st seating.

Nice crowd - 26 of us so far.

Should allow for good social interaction. :drinking:

Bumpers for medicinal purposes. :goodvibes

Still a bit of room left.

Hello DIS'ers!
...This is for DISers who enjoy wine and the sharing of it with other DISers.

So would now be the correct time to let everyone know that I have never had wine before? I'm 21 and have been for four months now but I have never felt the want to try it. However, my wife wanted to and I figured I should figure out what I like. Anyone got any pre-tasting pointers?

So would now be the correct time to let everyone know that I have never had wine before? I'm 21 and have been for four months now but I have never felt the want to try it. However, my wife wanted to and I figured I should figure out what I like. Anyone got any pre-tasting pointers?

This is the perfect setting to give it a try. I'm a beer drinker by trade but I enjoy an occasional bottle, um, glass of wine. I do not consider myself a wine drinker and rarely have wine with dinner.

My only tip would be if you are a light drinker have a snack or light meal beforehand.

You'll have a ball so don't worry. :goodvibes

I don't know about the light drinker, the worse I have ever had is two long island iced teas in thirty minutes. I was still able to walk fine and didn't slur, not sure if that is good or not :lmao:

I'd encourage you to give this a try --- but with the understanding that you may come away from it not really impressed with wine.

I've found that my wine appreciation has grown as I've gotten older (and I'm nearly 3 times your age) and I seriously doubt that I would have enjoyed wine when I first started drinking. But, like Kevin says in his restaurant reviews, that's just my experience and you should go and try it yourself.

Now realize that the above is simply about wine, but the wine tasting event is more than just that. You get to have a great time with a bunch of DIS friends and it turns into a really fun social event even if you don't care for the wine. On PCC 1.0 Val and I did the martini tasting and basically found out that we just don't care for martinis. :scared1: But we sure had fun trying them all!

I'd encourage you to give this a try --- but with the understanding that you may come away from it not really impressed with wine.

I've found that my wine appreciation has grown as I've gotten older (and I'm nearly 3 times your age) and I seriously doubt that I would have enjoyed wine when I first started drinking. But, like Kevin says in his restaurant reviews, that's just my experience and you should go and try it yourself.

Now realize that the above is simply about wine, but the wine tasting event is more than just that. You get to have a great time with a bunch of DIS friends and it turns into a really fun social event even if you don't care for the wine. On PCC 1.0 Val and I did the martini tasting and basically found out that we just don't care for martinis. :scared1: But we sure had fun trying them all!
Oh don't worry, we will have fun no matter the tasting itself ;)

I don't drink much, but DH does. The tasting is something I think DH will enjoy. I see it as a social occasion.

I don't drink much, but DH does. The tasting is something I think DH will enjoy. I see it as a social occasion.

Ditto for me. I am looking forward to it. And I will try some wines-just in case I find that I like one of them ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!