Windsor Hills

Pros:
Space, Space, Space and more Space compared to on property (multiple bedrooms and bath)
Full kitchen - can choose to cook or not cook as much as you want. Less eating out (saves money)
Washer/Dryer - no sharing and not coin operated
Multiple TVs, games and entertainment system
No sharing of WiFi with 100 others around you
Feels more like home, than a hotel room
More flexibility in traveling around the resort. No need to wait for Disney transportation.

Cons:
Transportation - will need a car to drive to/from WDW & airport. $15 p/day to park. Can use Disney transportation once there. (There is a shuttle service available, but pickup/drop-off are scheduled, like 2 in am & 2 in pm)
No full Disney immersion
No delivery of purchases of souvenirs to your room
No Early Magical Hours entry
No other perks like FP+, for resort guests only
Have to go shopping if you plan to cook

I think that the pool issue is a bit of a wash.

I believe that it comes down to the type of experience you want and your budget. My family has stayed both on and off property. Like both, for different reasons. If you want the full Disney immersion, then on property is the way to go. You can find plenty of places in WH that are decked out Disney, but not quite the same as being in the park.

For me it usually comes down to money. I look at cost of staying on property with dining, and then do the math for staying off property. We usually drive, so the car is not a factor. I have found it usually cheaper to stay off site than on. But that depends on if Disney is offering free dining, room discounts or military discounts. How much you eat out vs. make.

Good Luck!

I am speaking with an owner now by email and I asked about parking fees, he said there are none? Edited - never mind I realize you mean $15/day at the parks

We're going to be staying in a Windsor Hills townhouse for the last week in August. The pool looks really nice, which is part of the reason we chose the community. The house itself is HUGE! Each of my kids will get their own bedroom and bathroom. The house has it's own little pool in the back, too. And we can cook our own breakfast (or make sandwiches to take to the parks) with the full kitchen.
Really, if you think about it, it's an enormous $$$ saver.
Does it have the same magic as staying in the middle of it all at a Disney Resort? Probably not. But until we can stay during a time they are offering Free Dining, this is a fantastic alternative.

This is our first time at Disney, but I suspect it will be Magical, no matter where we stay. Might as well save some $$ AND have fun!

We stayed in a Windsor Hills townhouse in May and enjoyed the extra space and it is really close to Disney!!

Cons for me were:
1) I couldn't get the kids out of our private pool to go to Disney. We could have just rented a house with a pool close to home and the kids would have been happy. :yay:

2) When you're leaving the parks, sometimes you're just tired and want to use Disney transportation, especially MK. Although at Windsor Hills, you park at your front door, which is really nice!!

If you need the space, Windsor Hills is in a great location and well maintained!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter