Windsor Hills Lakeview House 6 bedroom Villa review (and 2 bed condo mini review)

Mainebound

DIS Veteran
I have a quick review to post.

We stayed in Lakeview House, a 6 bed home in Windsor Hills, for a week, and it was terrific. It backed onto the "lake", something we really enjoyed after being overlooked last year, and we watched birds every morning by the pool. The home had something somewhat unusual for a WH home: a flat screen TV in the front living room, as well as one in the games room (and of course in the back living room, and all 6 bedrooms). This was great for us as noisy cartoons -- a vacation treat for our children -- have tended to dominate our mornings and evenings at rental homes. The place was immaculate, the furnishings were beautiful (leather sofas, lovely window treatments). The home had two themed bedrooms for the kids, and some baby equipment such as strollers and high chairs, as well as a game cube. We had good dealings with the rental agent (based in the UK) and also the local management co. The home had wi fi but no free calls outside the local area. I think we found it on windsorhillsrent.com, but the UK booking agent's website is www.villatorent.net, and the home is also listed on www.vrbo.com. In contrast to other years when cost has been a major factor for us, we paid a premium for this home.

Windsor Hills resort was a pleasure once again this year, although its success is leading to a few issues. The pool area was packed, especially on the weekends, and on Saturday March 8, there were about 20 cars in line to get in to the resort, backing well onto Old Lake Wilson Road, creating a dangerous situation. I hope they can double their personnnel on busy check in days. The staff was great. We enjoyed the playground, walks around the resort, the new athletic courts, and the pool area very much, and would not hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone, but especially families with children.

We also stayed for a weekend at the Portofino Bay resort at Universal.

Any questions? Ask away!

PS. A family member rented a condo in Windsor Hill while we were there. This condo was subpar and not well equipped. It had dirty floors and walls. Nightstand had some kind of tacky substance on it. Very poorly equipped. Doorknobs missing, lights out, dirty moldings. Umbrella broken off patio table, one of three cheap patio chairs was broken. Threadbare blankets, hard mattresses, few towels. Owner and MC were responsive and tried to fix things, so perhaps these problems will be fixed in the near future, but we would not rent from them again, when there are so many lovely places to rent at Windsor Hills. Why take the risk? The website was www.magicalgetway.net.

Thanks for the review, Jessica. I can't understand how or why an owner at such a nice place like WH would let their place go like that. It looks like they couldn't afford it to start with having decorated it cheaply.
It's advertised on windsorhillsbest website. If people rent it thinking it's one of the best then I'm sure they won't be back. I see that George has his townhouses on there too. It won't help the website rentals to hear that it's not even fair let alone one of the best.
Glad you posted this to warn people to be diligent checking things out but I'm sorry that your mom is stuck having to stay there.
We just got back from Indian Creek on the 9th. The house was ok, but I think we've gotten spoiled by the newness of WH.
When we were at WH in Nov we used the new entrance on Livingstone to get to our home which was in the Reserve section. It's very quick and easy to get in and out of even if you're in the resort section. We drove by it this time on the way to Indian Creek many days and it was never busy.

I am surprised at your review of this condo. We stayed here a few months ago and thought the unit was fine. The condo was very clean and we loved having the 2 bathrooms especially with teenagers. There were plenty of nice towels too. The on line guest book has many positive reviews which is one of the reasons we selected this condo.

I guess our expectations of a vacation rental are different. I am more interested in the condo being clean and roomy rather than having expensive furnishings. I don't cook while on vacation so we really didn't need more than the refrigerator and the coffeemaker.

Sorry you were disappointed with your stay. I guess it was difficult to go from a luxury 6 bedroom home to a basic 2 bed condo.

I guess our expectations of a vacation rental are different. I am more interested in the condo being clean and roomy rather than having expensive furnishings. I don't cook while on vacation so we really didn't need more than the refrigerator and the coffeemaker.

Sorry you were disappointed with your stay. I guess it was difficult to go from a luxury 6 bedroom home to a basic 2 bed condo.

this condo was neither clean nor roomy. Period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter