• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Windsor Hills just back

clarabelle

<font color=green>Pandas don't seem to have much o
We stayed offsite for the first time in a 3 bedroom condo booked through
Florida Sun Vacation Rentals
It was called Tinkerbells Tree house
It was nicely decorated (golf themed) with playstation, TV's in every bedroom and large screen in the living room.
The only problem we had was the wireless internet did not work and that was fixed within two hours of a phone call.
The pool was nice -a bit crowded.
Any questions?

Wow, first time off site. Would you do it again? What were the pros and cons?
Thanks for submitting a review.

Yes -definitely we would stay offsite again.(In a condo-not a hotel room)
I think the value of "what you get for the money" beats onsite hands down.
We have two girls (9 and 12) and they are starting to want more privacy as well.
The drive was easy -parking was no problem. Other than the monorail resorts -I don't think we could have made it much quicker.

Did I miss the magic and theming of the Disney hotels? A little -but not enough to all cram into one room.

I am torn in this area.
Last year we stayed offsite at Windsor Hills which was booked through SunVactions also. We were going to do it again this year but went the onsite route, it was great well worth the money! Also, the decortating and having a kitchen was the best. It was close to Disney, I think it took a maximum of 5min to get to the park from there. We loved it and said we would always stay there. To me staying there was probably the equivalent to a moderate resort at disney?

But this year we stayed on site at ASMO, and it was AWESOME. We could stay at the parks longer. We did not have to fight the crowds to get on the tram or monorail.

My DD is 3 so maybe for a few more years we will do onsite and switch back to offsite when she gets older and wants her own privacy.

But like I said, it is a very hard choice and I am torn, which one is better? Does anyone have any opinions?

It sounds like onsite works for you right now. You can always alternate. Or divide up your stay

Can you tell me times from your condo to the gate at the park. I know MK is the longest. Please let me know. Thank you

Basketlover we didn't time it -but usually around 10-15 minutes.
Longer to get parked and get on a tram (longest at MK)
Ocassionally we had a line to wait in to pay for parking -most of the time it was pretty quick
Shortest drive was Animal Kingdom
There is a shortcut for Animal Kingdom if you don't have it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1246812

can you tell me the times the shop on site is open please.
we will arriving later in the evening and just want to pick up milk etc before going the next day to shop at the supermarket
what sort of things does the shop open

Kasey,
We didn't go to the shop!
We tried once and it was closed. I did not see hours posted. Maybe someone else knows.
There was a convenience store between WH and parks we stopped in once (if you have a car)

Basketlover we didn't time it -but usually around 10-15 minutes.
Longer to get parked and get on a tram (longest at MK)
Ocassionally we had a line to wait in to pay for parking -most of the time it was pretty quick
Shortest drive was Animal Kingdom
There is a shortcut for Animal Kingdom if you don't have it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1246812

We stayed at POR last June. To get to MK in time via bus, we had to leave our room at least 45 minutes before. That gave us 20 minute to catch a bus and ride around the resort for another 15 and then trek upto MK, another 10. I have heard its about 15 min (20 min MAX) if you simply get in your handy dandy rental car at Windsor Hills and drive yourself to MK. :dance3:

Kasey,
We didn't go to the shop!
We tried once and it was closed. I did not see hours posted. Maybe someone else knows.
There was a convenience store between WH and parks we stopped in once (if you have a car)

thank you, Imay post this question on its own on the boards

I am looking at this exact unit for our next stay...

Were the beds comfy? What floor was it on? Was it near an elevator? How far to the pool? Was it quiet? Did you have any kind of a view from the unit? A porch?

Sorry if too many questions! :)

Also, I have not stayed off-site in many, many years and have forgotten what you do to get from parking to MK. I remember having to take a tram from the distant space that I got, but can't remember after that.

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

Beds were comfy- at least the master bedroom was -my kids aren't too fussy but they didn't have any complaints
It was on the second floor
I don't know if there was an elevator? We didn't see if there was - the door to the unit was right by the stairs. Occasionally we heard people coming in late at night and making noise as they came in -but that was it.
It was not really close to the pool. About a 10 minute walk maybe? Maybe a little less. No view except of the parking lot.
There was a little veranda type thing that overlooked the parking lot.
The unit was not Disney themed, was clean and had plenty of towels.

As for the parking and MK situation
After you get on Disney property you pay for parking and then you park at the Ticket and Transportation center(TTC) (it is kind of a hub). There are plenty of people to help you park. Then you take a tram (if needed) to TTC (the trams run constantly as soon as one goes another arrives) and get on either the monorail or the Ferry. I think the monorail is a little quicker.
The monorail lets you off right at the gates.
All the other parks have their own parking.

Hope this helps:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter