Windsor Hills! I will never stay elsewhere!

Because I haven't put it here yet, here's my Onsite VS. Offsite TR, complete with lots of pictures of Windsor Hills, Our Condo, the Parks, and Food. :thumbsup2

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1611826

I am sooooo lovin your trippie!!! We are going to Disney in Nov 2009 I think...if so we are staying in Windsor Hills...absoutely the bestest! I love your honesty and detail in your trippie...thanks so much!!!

Because I haven't put it here yet, here's my Onsite VS. Offsite TR, complete with lots of pictures of Windsor Hills, Our Condo, the Parks, and Food. :thumbsup2

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1611826

It actually convinced me to stay off-site. I was convinced I wouldn't be happy off-site, but the responsible mom in me couldn't pass up saving $700 for the week on the accomodations! Found a great condo at Windsor Hills and will have my own room with a KING bed instead of the double at POFQ.

I'll be sure and let you all know how we like it!

Karen

Thanks for your report! We will be staying in a 3bed/2bath ( not enough ears to post a link - the website for our condo is wwwDOTmickeyadventureDOTcom) the beginning of June and your report just reinforced my decision that this was the best way for my family to go. We will be on the 4th floor (thank goodness for elevators ;) ) and will be on the side of the building that will let us have a view of the Epcot fireworks from our balcony each night. We are staying 8 nights and the owner gave us a 1 night discount, so we got ours for $672.35 + a $100 security deposit that will be sent back to us by paypal within 72 hours of checkout. I am so looking forward to being able to put the kids to bed and have some just wife/hubby time - oh and being able to have REAL coffee is also great.
For those looking at doing an off site resort like WH, I would recommend looking for a condo that will either send you the key or uses the key box access method. Some people make you trek all over town to a management company office then back to the condo.

I also loved your trip report! We have always stayed off-site, and we were planning to stay onsite for our upcoming trip in July. However, we had some unexpected expenses arise the last two months. Reading your trip report convinced me to change our plans to off-site and not feel bad about it. We are also staying at Windsor Hills. The kids have seen all the pics and can't wait.

Princess Michelle--:)

I just followed your link to your trip report, and you have me convinced. We'll be trying WH next Easter break (09). Do you mind if I ask which condo you chose? It looked great, and I'm too chicken to book our precious yearly vacation without a solid recommendation. BTW, your TR is fantastic! Thanks for sharing!:goodvibes

Liked the trip report. We've stayed off-property for years, allows us better dining options. Stayed in Emerald Island and Windsor Palms, really wanting to do Windsor Hills for next trip.

I loved your trip report! We are staying at Windsor Hill in April!
We have a second floor condo booked "Pelican Place". :cool1:

Our kids are just too big :crowded: for everyone to be comfortable at a WdW resort. We are only paying $109 per nite for a three bedroom! Our minivan rental at Dollar is only 199.00 for the week. Saving money like crazy!

I am thrilled to learn about the "shortcut to disney" via Sherberth Rd. Going to put DH :drive: on the case for that gem! Should keep him busy!

I was thinking that MK might take 45-50 minutes? If anyone has a better time estimate, let me know!

I loved your trip report! We are staying at Windsor Hill in April!
We have a second floor condo booked "Pelican Place". :cool1:

Our kids are just too big :crowded: for everyone to be comfortable at a WdW resort. We are only paying $109 per nite for a three bedroom! Our minivan rental at Dollar is only 199.00 for the week. Saving money like crazy!

I am thrilled to learn about the "shortcut to disney" via Sherberth Rd. Going to put DH :drive: on the case for that gem! Should keep him busy!

I was thinking that MK might take 45-50 minutes? If anyone has a better time estimate, let me know!

If you're staying at Windsor Hills, you're about 7-10 minutes from AK. Maybe 15 minutes or so from MK.. by car.
I'm not sure where you got your 45-50 minute estimate, unless you're talking about the WH transportation? If that's how long they take, they must share transport with somewhere else.

I would definately consider staying here, also. But, need to convince hubby. He loves the fact that he does not need to drive while we are at WDW with Disney Transportation. So, I need to convince him. Please, tell me how the parking situation is at each park. We have never had to use the parking lots at WDW. And, if you pay the 10.00 to park, can you go to a different park the same day, and have to pay again ?:confused3

I would definately consider staying here, also. But, need to convince hubby. He loves the fact that he does not need to drive while we are at WDW with Disney Transportation. So, I need to convince him. Please, tell me how the parking situation is at each park. We have never had to use the parking lots at WDW. And, if you pay the 10.00 to park, can you go to a different park the same day, and have to pay again ?:confused3

Parking at the parks is basically the same. You are guided (by cones and/or people) to the proper parking spot, then you get on a tram (they come very quickly) that takes you to the park entrance.
If you have a AAA parking pass, you can choose to park in the AAA area. The only parks, in my opinion, where that is a benefit is Epcot and AK.

Parking is $10 a day... that's it. You do not have to pay again if you park hop. We are AP holders, parking is free.

I wouldn't consider time as an issue since WH is so close. It's space and how much you'd prefer. We've stayed on property and off property, and we don't feel any less magic, since most of the magic we feel is when we are in the parks. We were at POR last October and felt NO disney whatsoever there. It was nice enough, but not "disney". JMHO.

Of course if you hate to drive, then that's a preference you'll have to consider too.

Good Luck! You'll have a great time no matter what since you'll be at Disney!

I just read your signature.. you're going in June. Don't forget to consider the wait time for the Disney busses. Even when on property, we always rent a car. Not only do we like the freedom to eat at normal priced restuarants, but a big reason is because when we leave the parks, we look at the sometime EXTREMELY long lines to get on a bus back to the resorts. I have read many complaints about the wait time for busses, and the crowding.

That's great info! Could you explain more what a AAA parking pass is? TIA!!!

Parking at the parks is basically the same. You are guided (by cones and/or people) to the proper parking spot, then you get on a tram (they come very quickly) that takes you to the park entrance.
If you have a AAA parking pass, you can choose to park in the AAA area. The only parks, in my opinion, where that is a benefit is Epcot and AK.

Parking is $10 a day... that's it. You do not have to pay again if you park hop. We are AP holders, parking is free.

I wouldn't consider time as an issue since WH is so close. It's space and how much you'd prefer. We've stayed on property and off property, and we don't feel any less magic, since most of the magic we feel is when we are in the parks. We were at POR last October and felt NO disney whatsoever there. It was nice enough, but not "disney". JMHO.

Of course if you hate to drive, then that's a preference you'll have to consider too.

Good Luck! You'll have a great time no matter what since you'll be at Disney!

I just read your signature.. you're going in June. Don't forget to consider the wait time for the Disney busses. Even when on property, we always rent a car. Not only do we like the freedom to eat at normal priced restuarants, but a big reason is because when we leave the parks, we look at the sometime EXTREMELY long lines to get on a bus back to the resorts. I have read many complaints about the wait time for busses, and the crowding.

If you're staying at Windsor Hills, you're about 7-10 minutes from AK. Maybe 15 minutes or so from MK.. by car.
I'm not sure where you got your 45-50 minute estimate, unless you're talking about the WH transportation? If that's how long they take, they must share transport with somewhere else.

You're only 15 minutes in the car, but then another 5-10 to take the tram, 5-10 to take the monorail, then through security, ticket lines . . . it can take a while. For us, from WH parking lot to Cinderella's castle (walking fast down main street!) was 45 minutes. So if you have an ADR there, yes, I'd plan on at least 45 minutes from WH.

You're only 15 minutes in the car, but then another 5-10 to take the tram, 5-10 to take the monorail, then through security, ticket lines . . . it can take a while. For us, from WH parking lot to Cinderella's castle (walking fast down main street!) was 45 minutes. So if you have an ADR there, yes, I'd plan on at least 45 minutes from WH.

Ahhh yes. If you mean getting into the park and to the castle.. I'd allow an hour or so if you took my route down main street.. which is through the Emporium and adjoining stores, and I can't only look...:rotfl:

But yes.. MK is going to be longer than the rest because you have to take both the tram, then the monorail or boat. That adds half an hour.

As for the AAA parking pass. If you book through AAA they will give you a parking pass which gives you parking in designated AAA parking spots (only a couple of blackout days). However... as I said in my above post.. I feel that's only a benefit for Epcot or Animal Kingdom.
Epcot's AAA spots are right next to the handicap ones, in front of the Kennel. They're pretty much located as close as where the tram would leave you off, just the opposite side. These spots are so great!
Animal Kingdom's are to the far left of the entrance (if you're facing the parking area), and a short walk.
MGM's spots aren't far.. but they have very few of them.
And MK.. you have a LONG walk just to have to get onto the monorail or boat anyway...lol. I'd rather take the tram.

hi Everyone
New to the forum and just seen these great reviews. So nice to see as we are owners on Windsor Hills and obviously we think it is fantastic and the location is fabulous.

after a number of WDW trips I have found my home-away-from-home!

I will never stay elsewhere.

We could leave our rental and be IN AK, MGM and Epcot in 10-15 minutes. Parked and walked in. [Obviously TTC messes up MK!]

and the grounds are awesome.
Slept great.

I will be back!

Ask questions if you'd like.

We got a 3 bd, 3 bath townhouse for $750 last week. With splash pool that we never used.
Did you previously stay onsite?

The only extra cost we payed at Windsor Hills was $6 for the key for entry to the pool you buy this a t the sundries shop for the duration of your stay when tyou leave you hand your key back and you will then get your $6 back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter