Wind and Sea beach La Jolla?

Jozymouse

Disney Character Fanatic
Hi there!

I was looking at a hotel in La Jolla San Diego that is one block away from a beach called Wind and Sea Beach? Is that a nice beach? All i am reading about is that its a surfer's beach but we are looking for a beach to swim, walk and suntan? Would that be a good option?

Thanks alot!!!!

I used to live on Bonair - a block from Windansea Beach - that's how we spelled it , at least :-) Definitely not a place for beachcombing! The waves can be huge and really wild there. There is not much of a beach at all - the heavy surf wipes out the sand and leaves huge rocks exposed from time to time. Not a good place to go if you are looking to hang out on the sand - there is virtually none. The oceanfront road, Neptune Drive, skirts the beach and its a beautiful scenic drive however.

There are some nice hotels at La Jolla Shores, that is the best beach in the area.

If you are bringing kids the BEST hiddent secret..well not really anymore..is Mother's Cove. It's right down street. Basically you park and walk down to this gentle cove where it's fairly secluded. It's awesome for kids. Like a private beach. I use to go snorkeling there all the time growing up in San Diego.

Where is Mother's Cove located? DH, myself and our 2 yro twins are going to be in San Diego for 2 days and are looking for a nice beach...

Mothers cove if I am not mistaken(and I might be LOL I don't have the best knack for names) is usually now not a good idea because they don't like it when you get to close to the seals. The seals have taken up residence there and you have to keep your distance and they don't recomend swimming/beach play near the seals. It is a cool place that you can get up close to some seals though!

Oh and La Jolla Shores is a great family beach. Not sure about which hotel is close to there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter