Will Tower of Terror ever get an upgrade?

GatorChris

Not of This World
I don't mean like a big refurb. I mean like have a random ride sequence. The ToT over at WDW is so much better with the top floor dream sequence, entering the 5th dimension, and the random sequence of falls - never the same fear twice!

Is there any chance that DL could at least add a random sequence to their Tower?

I won't say never, but the one at WDW opened several years before the one at DCA, so it was a different ride from the beginning. Seems if they wanted to incorporate the random sequencing, they would have done it originally. Maybe someone else knows why they didn't.

Maybe they need a Halloween-time promotional that runs the same campaign they did in FL when they added the randomizer. They could really play it up well.

I'd personally love to see Disney Sea's version in DL. It's very different theme (no Twilight Zone, but rather a cursed tiki statue causing all the mayhem) and my personal favorite of the three. (And this is coming from someone who considers Tower of Terror their favorite Disney ride ever since their first trip at 8 years old! :D )

I'd personally love to see Disney Sea's version in DL. It's very different theme (no Twilight Zone, but rather a cursed tiki statue causing all the mayhem) and my personal favorite of the three. (And this is coming from someone who considers Tower of Terror their favorite Disney ride ever since their first trip at 8 years old! :D )

The first version I rode. Very fond of Shiriki Utundu.

Then I rode the DL version, then, at the start of this year I finally got to go on the WDW version.

And screamed at the entering the 5th dimension. :) ToT isn't meant to move like *that*.

And screamed at the entering the 5th dimension. :) ToT isn't meant to move like *that*.

I know, right??? It was so unnerving having the whole car leave the elevator, and I knew it was coming! My only problem with the random squence is that 2 of the 4-5 times I went on it we went up first instead of dropping. Totally anticlimactic. But if they all were to drop first, I'd be for it! Predictability does take an element of fear away from the ride....

The WDW version is clearly way better. However I noticed there were no Twilight Zone artifacts in the lobby and in the first room like there is at DCA. No thimble, no fortune machine, etc. I also like the looks of the building in DCA better. I wonder if the one in DCA needed a smaller foot print which has something to do with not having the part where you go forward like at WDW. A randomizer at DCA would be fun!

The WDW version is clearly way better. However I noticed there were no Twilight Zone artifacts in the lobby and in the first room like there is at DCA. No thimble, no fortune machine, etc. I also like the looks of the building in DCA better. I wonder if the one in DCA needed a smaller foot print which has something to do with not having the part where you go forward like at WDW. A randomizer at DCA would be fun!

I disagree that WDW is better. There are parts that are better, but not the entirety. I'm possibly the only person who is not a huge 5th Dimension fan. I was really psyched for it, and then it just felt cheesy to me. That's basically why I like DCA's better. Although the gardens in Florida rock!

pennyring said:
I disagree that WDW is better. There are parts that are better, but not the entirety. I'm possibly the only person who is not a huge 5th Dimension fan. I was really psyched for it, and then it just felt cheesy to me. That's basically why I like DCA's better. Although the gardens in Florida rock!

No...I agree with you. I like knowing when the drops are as well, if it were random I probably wouldn't ride it. LOL

While I like the 5th dimension part at DW, obviously that can't be at DL. But I sure would like some random drops. They weren't random at first at DW, and on one of those DW shows they talked about how easy it was to change the program to make the random drops. So I don't know why they don't do that at DL. I know everyone wouldn't like it, but from the comments here, and people I've talked to in the parks, I know most would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter