Will My MB Open the Gate at BoardWalk on First Arrival?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
Without thinking about it I pull up to the booth at BW when we first get there, they check my license, verify that we check in that day and raise the gate. Every other time we re-enter I go to the right hand gate and open it with my MB. Will my band open the right hand gate as we go to check in on day one?

Bill From PA

The one time I had a car was last year at All star sports, we tried to get in with our magic band the night of check in and it wouldn't work. The guard told us it wouldn't work until we used the band to get into our room.

The one time I had a car was last year at All star sports, we tried to get in with our magic band the night of check in and it wouldn't work. The guard told us it wouldn't work until we used the band to get into our room.

Not what I wanted to hear but it makes sense.

Bill From PA

I believe if you got the skip the front desk email and already have your room assigned it may work but if you still need to stop at the front desk it won't.

We just always stop at the guard booth, upon first arrival, just to be sure. I am afraid to not have it work on the gate and have a bunch of people waiting behind us. DH would not be happy, not the way I would want to start off my vacation :scared:

Only if you have did online check-in and received a text stating that your room is ready, that is when they are suppose to activate your MBs.

Even if you skip the front desk, you have to use it on your door first to make it open gates at the resort. And that goes for every band assigned to your room. Just using one won't open the gates with all the bands.

you have to use it on your door first to make it open gates at the resort. And that goes for every band assigned to your room. Just using one won't open the gates with all the bands.

That hasn't been true for us. DH and I swap off driving, so it's one of our bands that open the gates, and DS is ALWAYS the one that opens the resort room door.

It's why you see so many people lined up at the automatic gate trying to open the gate and not being successful. They haven't used the band on the door yet.

Even if you skip the front desk, you have to use it on your door first to make it open gates at the resort. And that goes for every band assigned to your room. Just using one won't open the gates with all the bands.

Also, if you stay at a hotel with outbuildings (Poly, GF, etc) the band must be used to open the room first before it will open the outbuilding. Learned that one the hard way around midnight one night at the Poly.

Never works for me ever. I was told by the guard it won't work until you use it to open the door. And it has to be your band, if others in your party use theirs to open the door but you do not your band isn't opening the gate.

I can confirm the above info....if you do not go to your room and open the door....no entry into the gate! You must open that door first for everything else to proceed smoothly.....we had a huge issue at Christmas. LOL The system kept kicking my DH and I out of the system but kept the children active...yikes

I stayed there in October. I stopped at the guard booth and he gave me a parking pass. There was another guard at the lot entrance by the convention center and he saw the pass and waived me in.

It's why you see so many people lined up at the automatic gate trying to open the gate and not being successful. They haven't used the band on the door yet.

I've never seen a lineup.

I've used my band to open the gate before opening the door.

Only issue I've ever had at the gate is that I can't reach the reader unless I've lined up the car perfectly.

Only issue I've ever had at the gate is that I can't reach the reader unless I've lined up the car perfectly.

I had to take my magic band off to reach it. I suspect that was where I lost my DVC slider :-(

It happens all the time at AKL/AKV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!