• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will I still get fastpasses?

Twinmom23

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
My date to choose fast pass selections was Sept. 6th. We are going Nov. 6th-16th. I was unsure if we were going to be able to go because of funds, so I waited. Now that I am ready to buy our tickets, I'm afraid I won't get any fastpasses. Most important would be Anna & Elsa. I've looked at all the dining for our dates and pretty much nothing is open. Can anyone advise? Thanks!

Anna and Elsa probably booked up immediately but if you check, and keep checking, you might find them. Just don't count on it. The good news is that their lines are more like an hour now instead of 3 hours and you are going well before Thanksgiving. You should be able to easily get anything other than Anna/Elsa, 7 Dwarves Mine Train and maybe some parades/fireworks shows.

I just checked general reservations for a group of 4 on November 12 and it brought up a large number of available restaurants, many of them inside theme parks. Included were Whispering Canyon, Via Napoli, Tony's Town Square, Teppan Edo, San Angel Inn, Raglan Road, Narcoosees, Mama Melrose's, Le Cellier, Kona Cafe, Jiko, Brown Derby, Chefs de France, Boma, Biergarten, Beaches & Cream and 50s Prime Time Cafe. When you say "pretty much nothing" I'm concluding that you are looking for specific places like character meals, or for peak mealtimes as many of the available reservations are either early or late, but that's what is generally available if you have to wait to book dining. (For future reference, you can book dining even if you dont' have a resort reservation or tickets, so you can book it and then cancel it if you need to).

Of course I have no idea how large your party is. If you can't get on it right away, FPs and ADRs are harder for large parties.

We also booked our August trip late due to funding issues and booked our FP+ at ~ 43 days out.

Luckily, we were able to get everything we wanted, including two 7DMT passes (we didn't want A&E). With the 7DMT passes, we weren't fussy and took the times the system gave us, which was early evening (~ 17.00ish). However, we may have been lucky because we're only a party of 2.

Availability for other rides was fine, and even when we were there, we were able to switch times around the day before for 'headline' rides, such as Soarin', and were able to move times around on the day most of the time for other rides.

As for ADRs, except for the most popular restaurants (ie. BOG Dinner), again, we were able to get ADRs at our deserved table service restaurants, which were 50's Prime Time Cafe, Sci-Fi Diner, Boma (Dinner), Coral Reef, The Plaza and Liberty Tree Tavern.

Yeah, I'm not looking for a bunch of ADR's. Just a few since we won't have the dining plan. But with two 7 year olds, we eat by the clock. More important is the fastpasses. There will be 3 of us. Me and my girls.

I booked my fast passes Monday night for a stay that includes your later dates. 7DMT and A&E go almost immediately, as do the parades and fireworks. All of these were gone for the 15th and 16th when I made my reservations at 12:01. You won't be able to get those reservations unless you stalk the cancellation boards and get lucky. As far as other rides though, there should be a good amount of availability.

Same for the most popular restaurants. The peak dining hours for the most popular restaurants get snatched up 180 days out. You can stalk the cancellation boards here and will probably be able to get something that appeals to you. If you are flexible in dining and not wanting BOG, CRT, Ohana, or anything like that, you can probably get some reservations. You might have to go at an off time though.

Enjoy your trip. You are still at Disney and that is great even if you miss out on a few things!

Since the dining time is most important, then do a general search on the dining page for the time you want, and see what is available. You will likely not get anything that is very popular.

You never know. I am staying off site and tried booking 30 days out and nothing I wanted was available (e.g. Anna and Elsa, Mine Train). I have checked a few times a day since and I am not sure how I got so lucky, but I just was able to get FP+ for Anna and Elsa and Mine Train for October 15th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter