Will Disney return to

As much as I hate to say this, probably not. And as much as I love Disney they have become a money making machine. Look at all the things that have changed ~

1. Most of the resorts have lost the "Disney" feel during refurbs over the years ~ most rooms now feel like any other ordinary hotel

2. They have not been picking up luggage for quite some time now ~ used to love to just head to the parks and know that your luggage would be waiting for you when you got back

3. Magical/Tragical Express is going away after this year ~ I used to love the trivia and cartoons on the ride to the hotel

4. No more airline check-in ~ now we have to remember to take time out of our park day to do check-in for our flights the day before (on Southwest if you want a good boarding group)

5. Magic bands are no longer included

6. When we bought our mugs (many) years ago it was with the understanding that we could bring them back every visit ~ now you have to buy a new one each visit, more $$$

7. RIght now during the 50th, absolutely NO special hotel offers ~ I'd schedule a longer visit if they were offering special rates like they usually do

8. No more FastPass ~ now they want you to pay per day for the opportunity to bypass the standy-by lines AND then pay an additional fee for the two top attractions at each park

9. Charging for parking at the resorts

At this point in time, I'm waiting for them to start charging to ride the park/resort transportation. Not sure what else they can start charging for, but I'm sure they will think of something.

We are retired now and can do pretty much whatever we want and Disney has always been a big part of our vacation plans but it's getting to the point that it's not worth it to pay these crazy prices to stand in hours-long lines for a couple of attractions each day.

I'm guessing there will always be first-timers so the madness will continue.........

*****Do you remember when they would play the "fanfare" on the bus when you arrived at the Magic Kingdom?*****

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter