Wilderness Lodge Room View Photos

Really neat thread! I just booked a courtyard view room for our trip in December. I only booked courtyard because that was all that was left for our dates during free dining. Glad I found this thread because the courtyard views look wonderful!

Really neat thread! I just booked a courtyard view room for our trip in December. I only booked courtyard because that was all that was left for our dates during free dining. Glad I found this thread because the courtyard views look wonderful!

You sound like us - by the time I could get a room with the discounted rate, Courtyard was all that was available. I wasn't too thrilled about spending the extra money at first but now I'm really excited! I'm hoping we can be on the wing closer to the ferry dock. Have a great trip! We go in October so I'll try to remember to give you the scoop when we return. :)

I had two standard rooms booked since August 2012 for our December trip, but my travel agent just wrote and said she upgraded us to Courtyard view with the 30% room only discount. I can't figure out why we couldn't just pay Standard View prices with the room only discount, but reading the above two posts, I assume there wasn't anymore standard rooms with a discount. It saved us $500, but I has hoping for more.

I had two standard rooms booked since August 2012 for our December trip, but my travel agent just wrote and said she upgraded us to Courtyard view with the 30% room only discount. I can't figure out why we couldn't just pay Standard View prices with the room only discount, but reading the above two posts, I assume there wasn't anymore standard rooms with a discount. It saved us $500, but I has hoping for more.

I'm not sure if its your dates? Honestly, if you want a standard room, I would tell her that's what you'd like & see if she can keep trying & save yourself more money. Room availability changes constantly

When you do the online check in with a courtyard view... what options does it give you for room request?
When i stayed at cbr there were a few to choose from. Akl had one. Wondering if the options given might stop me from calling and harassing a cm.
Really thinking inner courtyard upper floor open balcony.
My goal is a nice view of bay lake.

Thank you for any help :)

We stayed in WL for 2 weeks end November through early December last year (standard room) and got upgraded to a Bay Lake view. I'll post the room number when I can remember it but the view was stunning.

9458171091_d170852bab_b.jpg

A few pictures from room 6149 last September (it was a bunk bed room). Loved the location of the room just didn't love the enclosed balcony so this time we've requested the 5th floor

Panoramic shot

Looking right to Bay Lake

JCTurner said:
We stayed in WL for 2 weeks end November through early December last year (standard room) and got upgraded to a Bay Lake view. I'll post the room number when I can remember it but the view was stunning.

Gorgeous!

I don't remember the number of the room sorry, but it's the top floor. Stayed February 2013.

Looking straight:
Kimsbirthdaycelebration039.jpg

Looking right:
Kimsbirthdaycelebration040.jpg

Does anybody know what kind of view you might get with rooms 6081 or 6082?:scratchin

We are here now and aren't in those rooms, but here is the view looking down from that area.
null_zps1b18f98f.jpg

Here are those rooms from where the photo was taken on the 6th floor.
null_zpsfcf57e1a.jpg

There is a group of trees between the building and the road that leads to the service area. It looks nice, and you might catch some of Wishes over the trees.

Here's the view from 6096. It is also a lobby facing room above the registration desk on the South Side, and has 2 Queens.

And from the other end of the room, looking into the lobby:

3 days to go and we will be there!! Requested 5th floor. Loved checking out ALL of the great pictures.......Yay!!!:love:

This indeed is a great thread. We are planning our first visit, and strongly considering WL.
After reading the entire thread (yes, all 12 pages), it sounds like the ideal room (for us anyway) would have the following characteristics:

1) view of fireworks
2) view of EWP
3) open balcony​

So, does such a room exist?

This indeed is a great thread. We are planning our first visit, and strongly considering WL.
After reading the entire thread (yes, all 12 pages), it sounds like the ideal room (for us anyway) would have the following characteristics:

1) view of fireworks
2) view of EWP
3) open balcony​

So, does such a room exist?

Welcome. Your requests could theoretically be met, but it will be with some compromise. Seeing both the fireworks and EWP from the same balcony is a challenge, but your best chance would probably be a higher floor inner courtyard view room in the South Wing, but avoid the 6th floor in the further out (East) section of the wing, because those have enclosed balconies.

If it were me though, I would focus on the fireworks view and get a Woods view room on the North side of the North wing, then walk down to the beach to see the EWP. The same situation applies with the closed balconies being on the east end of the 6th floor, which all of the Woods View rooms are in that wing so I'd request 5th floor.

For lots more WL info and a friendly group of people, check out the WL FAQ thread here. Enjoy, and happy planning.

Courtyard view room, South wing upper courtyard. It was a Queen/Bunkbed room. Close to the elevators as well. Open Balcony. Also Great view down into the lobby from the 4th floor above the stream, but somehow did not take one picture from there.

Looking down at the entrance to the lodge from the courtyard. I could actually see the stream a lot clearer than it shows in this picture.

Looking Left

Looking Right in the morning (obviously during Pool Renovations)

Better view in sunny middle day. Looking a bit down you can see the top of the waterfall and if I remember right I could see the geyser (partially blocked by the far trees).

Okay crappy iphone picture but just to show that I could see the EWP from my balcony...and OMG you can definitely hear the music. LOL

I could hear the fireworks but don't remember seeing them. I think I was at the wrong angle.

We just got back a week ago, and we stayed in a courtyard view room 4159. We could see both Wishes and the EWP, which made it worth the walk from the elevators! :)

My son going down the slide! I could see my dh and ds5 at the pool while I stayed with our napping 1 year old, which was nice.

View to the left...

The lake and EWP were to the right, but I didn't get a photo. This photo of the fireworks doesn't do justice at all to what a good view we had of them, I really recommend this room!

These pictures are making me very excited for my 1st stay at WL in November! I am booked in a Courtyard room so I plan on requesting the 4th floor inner courtyard. This resort is just gorgeous, I can't get over it. I have been there many times just to visit or for ADR's, but always dreamed of staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!