~Why so few Birthday Cake/Dessert options @ CRT for a boy???~

joenan88

DIS Veteran
I planned this trip to Coincide with my sons 8th birthday..we will be dining @ CRT for dinner on his birthday! I called the cake hotline and they told me my options were a 6 inch cake with a picture of Mickey, a plain 6 inch cake with Happy Birthday on it or a glass slipper chocolate dessert. I asked if they had any desserts for a boy that I can order..she said, "no". Can this be true?? Is the chocolate slipper really just for girls?? what would you do??

The chocolate slipper is white chocolate with chocolate mosse inside. Our DS does not care what shape chocolate is in. They wrote Happy Birthday in brown chocolate to make it a bit more masculine.

We had a cake for our son on an Ill. Cruise. It was a marble cake with white choc icing, dk choc filling, and strawberries on top with a white choc ribbon with his name written in. It was GREAT. I would put in a pic but I am not sure how to post pictures. Fairly new to DIS.

Ever take notice of the size of the boys department to the girls department in any general retail store?

My daughter-in-law's first child was a girl. Second child a boy. Her reaction to buying clothes for her son? "There's nothing to choose from!!!"

Girls are expected to be pampered. Boys are expected to do the pampering. It's a sexist world we live in.

CRT isn't exactly popular with boys.

What would be wrong with the Mickey cake?

My boys although little LOVE CRT. I would do the slipper if I thought they would like it. They would rather have cake. The mickey head cake is sooo cute!!!

If you are willing to order a larger cake - 8 inch or 10 inch - they should be able to do a more personalized theme such as the character of your choice. The choices for smaller desserts are limited all over WDW.

My boys thought the slipper dessert was cute and delicious ... it goes with the castle theme, you know? Of course, they looooove princesses too, lol, so might not be typical boys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!