Why is T-Rex so hard to get a decent dinner time reservation?

T-Rex doesn't take the dinning plan. We were there last August and had to pay cash..... Rainforest Cafe is another one. They only take the dining plan if you have the deluxe plan. The normal plan and the QS plan are not accepted there.

T-Rex didn't take the dining plan last year, but this year it does. So does Rainforest Cafe. They didn't take the deluxe plan last year either - they only accepted the Premium or Platinum package plans, which are not Disney Dining Plans (totally different program).

Starting in 2012, both restaurants accept the regular and deluxe dining plans. Neither would be eligible for the quick service plan though, because they are table service restaurants.

Called today and got my reservation for Aug 8th at 6:30. I am so happy to get this reservation because before 4pm was only available and the only day we could fit that time in is on Friday. BUt we wanted to go to Garden Grove for thier Friday Seafood Buffet. NOw we can do both!!! :cool1:

I'm so glad I found this thread! We are headed down to WDW next week and I managed to get a 5:30 dinner reservation for Wed. May 30th :thumbsup2 T-Rex is my DD9's favorite restuarant! I am also thrilled they are on the dining plan this year :banana:

We are going to Disney 12/12 and I called T-Rex directly for a reservation. I would love to hear from others who have done this recently if they had any problems with the reservation or did everything go smoothly?

We are going to Disney 12/12 and I called T-Rex directly for a reservation. I would love to hear from others who have done this recently if they had any problems with the reservation or did everything go smoothly?

I did recently and got a reservation no problem. And it was for 12/12 as well!

Hi, thanks for the response. I am actually hoping to hear from someone who called T-Rex directly for a reservation and has already been on their trip and eaten there. I am just worried that even though I made a phone reservation (my name is my confirmation) that we will really be on their list when we show up. I have a back up reservation just in case and I will call a few days out to verify that they still have my info/ reservation info at T-Rex.

vtownpatty said:
Hi, thanks for the response. I am actually hoping to hear from someone who called T-Rex directly for a reservation and has already been on their trip and eaten there. I am just worried that even though I made a phone reservation (my name is my confirmation) that we will really be on their list when we show up. I have a back up reservation just in case and I will call a few days out to verify that they still have my info/ reservation info at T-Rex.

We went last year and had no issue with our reservation we had called in. I know you are worried but honestly the majority of their reservations are phone reservations. It's like any other reservation you would make. They release very few to Disney as they have a very large walk up crowd as well. We are going next week and I made our reservation two months ago. I just called to add additional people and they had no issues with that.

We have called months ahead of time, and showed up for our ressie no problem. Release your back up ressie for someone else, and rest assured you will be fine to show up at your time, and get your table.

Awesome! That is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I will cancel our back up at Rain Forest

Oh, thank you so much for this info! I was bummed that I coudln't get into T-rex and I saw this thread yesterday. I just called a got a 6pm reservation for my feb. trip without any problems.

We love larger-than-life experience, so I know my family will be happy.

Thanks for the call in tip! I was just looking and bummed I couldn't find the time I wanted!!!

Oh yay! This is exactly what I was hoping...we are coming into Disney on a Thursday night and I was so upset we couldnt get a ressie...

FIngers crossed they have something open when I call :)

Thanks for the info!!:yay:

Edited to add:

Just called- she was so nice and EASILY made my ressie for 6pm!! YAY!! So excited!!

Once again thanks to Disboards members! Due to an itinerary change, I was really hoping to get an ADR at T-Rex but kept coming up empty trying to book thru Disney. I called the number I just found here, and got a great reservation for our desired date/time which is only 2 weeks out!:cool1:

Just an update. I called T-Rex directly several months ago and made a reservation for 12/13. I was worried since I did not have a Disney reservation number. After posing questions on this board I felt better, but I was still wary. Well, that was silly - not only was our reservation in their system, but they were able to seat us about 30 minutes early. We all enjoyed our food and the service was great! I have read other complaints about the noise, but we had no problems talking all through dinner.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Does T-Rex shave a children's menu? If not, what are we allowed to get with a child's dining plan? I ave not been Abe to find one as of et.

Our 10 year old son wanted to order something from the kids menu. They used his adult dining credit and gave him a larger portion of the kids menu item.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Awesome tip about calling for this reservation. I was looking to find an ADR for my vaca which is like 2 1/2 weeks away and couldn't find anything. I used the number (#407.828.8739) and called and was able to make a dinner reservation for 7:15pm on the day I wanted. Whee!!! =D

Thank you!

Thanks to the tip on this thread, I just called their direct # and got in for dinner at our desired time 2/21 (so 4 months out).

Confirming what was said earlier, that as of today, they accept the Landry's Select card as a priority seating reservation (meaning technically you don't have to have a reservation but I made one anyway). She said 4:00-6:00 was wide open, while the Disney site shows nothing available, so that must be part of the reservations that are held back.

Also did some research on the Landry's Select card. Not all that valuable for us as a point-earner for rewards as you have to get to 250 in a year, but you get a $25.00 reward for your birthday month (good until the 15th of the following month) which is applied directly to your card. It costs $25.00 to sign up but you get a $25.00 welcome credit after 3 days which can be looked up with a phone number if you haven't yet recieved your card.

Meaning...if your birthday is in Feb and your visit dates fall between Feb 1 and March 15, you could get 2 $25.00 "rewards" to use at Rainforest and/or T-Rex (but you can't stack them). Granted, one of the "rewards" is more like a "reimbursement." Further, if you and your spouse are by any chance able to both sign up with your birthday month as Feb., and you each paid separate checks at the table, you'd get 2 of those birthday rewards. you jsut have to make sure they split the check ahead of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter