Why don't we do a little day drinking? - F&W 2015 - Update 12/11 Bonus EPCOT Night!

Wanderlust

Post Movie Ride, we headed over to Pixar Studios to have a rematch on Toy Story Mania. I lost again but it wasn’t by a huge margin!

rlmyhFy.jpg

U86Y4AY.jpg

We took the time to wander the Streets of America as we know they would soon be going away to make way for Star Wars! They were already starting to get the Osborne Lights up for November!

Vb3CcNJ.jpg

WpAJivx.jpg

oVAjLS7.jpg

MPQIMXO.jpg

YXVtpBh.jpg

Disney Is Selling 50 Shades At The Writer’s Shoppe?

Al8qpg3.jpg

vjv7zN7.jpg

fLTR60c.jpg

tyL35NN.jpg

eXRGkzw.jpg

3G4An78.jpg

Done with wandering aimlessly for a bit, we got onto Star Tours using our FP+

oVnUsMr.jpg

We both were hungry as we got off the ride and we decided to wait until ABC Commissary opened up at 10:30AM as we knew it would be decent enough.

WmD9lRD.jpg

Bacon Chicken Sandwich w/ Fries

GawuOdO.jpg

Fried Shrimp w/ Fries

Then it was off to our final FP+ to see a show for the last time!​

Goodbye Indy

I had selected a FP+ for the 12:00PM showing of Indiana Jones Stunt Show so we arrived early and were able to get seats in the front row behind the show equipment.

hUOtJA8.jpg

IWKLF5s.jpg

IO7rlcj.jpg

My husband stated that he doesn’t remember seeing this show before - I know he has but it has been about 8 years as he saw it during his very first trip to Disney in 2007 when we went with another couple but that trip had a lot of stuff going on with it and we did a lot so I can see why he didn’t remember it!

tReG4BT.jpg

PoRLfTA.jpg

Qata7fC.jpg

OqJI8xh.jpg

lukMr1C.jpg

d0gfzbB.jpg

spFTQNg.jpg

96KMBS2.jpg

We headed back to the room where I did a load of laundry (yay DVC!) and then I went to the pool (and got a cocktail), hung out in the hot tub and the pool some as well. My husband went to the gym for an extended session. We both got a nap in as well before we would head to the Boardwalk Inn for our Wine Dinner at Flying Fish.

3sA6mMK.jpg

I Like Cocktails

LOL at the 50 Shades book. Before I looked at the title I thought it was a Robert Redford poster.

I'm so jealous of your beer adventures!

I'm glad you are loving my report! It's always great knowing many people are enjoying it :)

We are excited for Wine & Dine! We started packing tonight, although hopefully a couple items we bought arrive tomorrow so we can use those too. We haven't decided on Wine & Dine 2016 yet - depends on how much my husband enjoys the run this year!

I have a friend running it this year who will be on our adventure next year. I think they head down tomorrow. She will run that then turn around and go run Avengers with her husband! I told her I will be Disney living through her the next two weeks!

LOL at the 50 Shades book. Before I looked at the title I thought it was a Robert Redford poster.

I'm so jealous of your beer adventures!

When I saw it first, I was like what? It was such a funny book to see inside of Disney! Anywhere else, I wouldn't have even noticed.

That craft beer event was awesome! I'm so glad we decided to go for it!

I have a friend running it this year who will be on our adventure next year. I think they head down tomorrow. She will run that then turn around and go run Avengers with her husband! I told her I will be Disney living through her the next two weeks!

That is awesome she's doing Wine & Dine and then 1 week later doing Avengers! I thought it was crazy to do it 5 weeks apart earlier this year! At least you get to live through her and all her adventures!

Visit to New Zealand

We took a taxi to Boardwalk as we knew we would be drinking a decent amount of wine during this event and didn’t want to deal with possibly leaving our car behind at Boardwalk. We arrived a little early so we took some photos along the Boardwalk and enjoyed the sunshine until we checked in.

mgGuesu.jpg

6LQhEJj.jpg

Pictures on Boardwalk

They had previously assigned seats and we were seated at a corner booth in the room they use for these wine dinners. <soapbox rant> My husband and I thought it was absolutely insane that a couple around our age brought their baby, stroller & all to this dinner and made there be some adjustment so they could sit at the middle table so their stroller wouldn’t completely be in the way. I’m glad we were far away from them as there is no need for that - either you don’t go to wine dinners if you can’t get a babysitter or use one of the many options for babysitters at Disney. There is too much wine following for young children. Not everyone wants to be exposed to your child at what is very much an adult experience as it is a WINE Dinner</soapbox>

At our corner table, there was another married couple (who had left their kids at the Sandcastle Club and proud of that fact!) and there was an open seat that was left open for the first course. The wife was a RunDisney Fan (her husband thinks they are really crowded) and they also were coming back down for Wine & Dine! This became the main focus of our non-wine/festival talk of the evening as we kept switching back and forth.

Vp4Olgj.jpg
3HIyGlu.jpg

Menu

It wasn’t long until we were introduced to Tim Keating & the winery Kim Crawford who would be the main brand of this evening. Tim talked about how he tried to source as much of the main ingredients from New Zealand as possible and it really showed throughout the meal. Each of the dishes were perfectly paired with the wines and it seemed he tried to use the wine as well in most of the dishes.

The langoustines were so soft in their crunchy blanket. They didn’t last long at all for us!

gHNTwf5.jpg
XA58tur.jpg

Spiced New Zealand Langoustines “in a blanket” - Gold-laced Sauvignon Blanc-Grapefruit Gelee, Grapefruit Aioli, Takuan, tiny Radishes and Spicy Greens

gPjNEOd.jpg

2014 Small Parcels Spitfire Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough

After this course, we were joined by our solo table mate who apparently was late because she had attended the Tokyo Food & Wine Pairing at Tokyo Dining and had just finished eating?!?! I mean, I love food & wine but two events that close together would be too much for me! She admitted it was a bad idea as she was really full from the event.

This next course was the one dish I was the most nervous about. Once served, the broth’s aroma was amazing which made me hopeful that I would really enjoy this. We were given shell bowls so I popped all the meat out of the shells before starting to enjoy it. I was shocked at how much I loved the cockles as they were slightly sweet and so poppable to eat! I wasn’t as much of a fan of the mussels as I found those to be really tough in their texture but there was only a handful of those and much more of the cockles! My husband also was pleasantly surprised by this.

IOM6MVy.jpg

New Zealand Cockles & Mussels - Tropical Verde Broth, Shaved Coconut & Fresh Coriander

0ZnvwCL.jpg

2012 Small Parcels “Favourite Homestead” Pinot Gris, Marlborough

For the next course, we continued to be blown away by the options given! The Chardonnay Butter Emulsion complimented the light barramundi so well. We also made sure we got refills on this wine as it was our favorite so far of the evening!

4A0nGQh.jpg
NAMNHWj.jpg

Iron-Seared Lemon Myrtle-Scented Rangaunu Bay Barramundi - Fondue of Young Squash & Confit Fennel, Hazelnut-Fennel Laced Chardonnay Butter Emulsion

6lVI7SM.jpg

Small Parcel Wild Grace Chardonnay, Hawke’s Bay

The main entree continued the home runs of the evening! The elk was very tender and lean and worked great with the Pinot Noir. The duck sausage rice cake was very earthy which held up well with the dish as this felt like a fall entree.

bcFGH9x.jpg
oVUEHBt.jpg

New Zealand Cervena Elk Tenderloin, Duck Sausage-Mushroom-Wild Rice Cakes, Root Spinach & Chanterelle Mushrooms, Creamy Juniper-Porcini-Thyme-Red Vermouth-Pinot Noir Reduction

2012 Small Parcels “Rise & Shine” Pinot Noir, Central Otago

FZI6M5u.jpg

Tim Speaking Of The Dish

Dessert also was a star! The title of the dish was rather long when you look at the dish but it was awesome. I don’t think my husband or I left anything behind for this course! the pear compote and cider gastrique played off the sweetness of the tart and fritter so it felt like dessert without being a sugar rush.

0U4XOUw.jpg
uhdIhui.jpg

Heirloom Apple Delice Creation - Apple Butter Breton Torta, Asian Pear Compote, Cape Gooseberry, Kiwi & Kiwi-Cherry Berries, Ricotta-Citrus-Apple Fritter, Apple Cider Gastrique, Calvados-laced Salted Caramel, Smoked Maldon Sea Salt

zah3Ywr.jpg

2009 “Fizz” Methode Traditionnelle, Marlborough

SNWqFIJ.jpg
cJXta88.jpg

Saying Goodbye

After this amazing meal, we walked back to the lobby and got a taxi home to Animal Kingdom. We were fully relaxed and started discussing the rest of the trip and what we had planned.

My husband stated he really didn’t want to go to Be Our Guest so I cancelled this as I had stated the only thing I wanted on the menu was French Onion Soup. We decided to go with another option that would let us get French Onion Soup instead.​

As always, excellent recap of the wine dinner. Looks fantastic! Sadly, we've never managed to get over to Flying Fish for a meal. And now, it looks like it's going to be closed for refurb next year.

A wine dinner with baby in stroller? :sad2:

When are you leaving??? Has to be soon, right? We start our drive tomorrow after work. If I don't catch you before, have a great run!!

Whew! I'm all caught up now!

And as a perfect end to our gluttonous lunch, we went to my husband's favorite place in all of EPCOT, L'Artisan Des Glaces for our 2nd trip here so far this time around.

Your lunch snacking around Epcot sounded just great! I really can't wait to go back next year. Hearing all about your special events really makes me want to go again, and I'm so glad it is on the horizon! At least I can go to L'Artisan Des Glaces in just over a month!

I used a Tier 1 FP+ for Living On The Land mainly because we had already done Test Track & Soarin this trip. I was glad we did as the wait was 40 minutes!

Wow! I have never seen a wait that long for this ride!

If I Wore This, My Boss Would Probably Send Me To HR

:rotfl2: What the HECK were they thinking here?

We learned all about our future and headed over to the Festival Center to look at the awesome Chocolate Artwork Displays without the massive crowds of people that were there on Friday

Those are some incredible Chocolate Artwork Displays!

Although, one party brought an extra guest to the event and kinda forced the restaurant to accommodate them as they were ‘special’

I despise "special" people like this.

you pour cheese fondue all over it and I guarantee you I will eat the Lobster anytime!

Sounds really good! Everything you ate so far sounds pretty good!

We were given a dashi foam to put our steak in but I didn’t try it as I was happy enough with the steak flavor. The chef also fried up the fat from the steak and crisped it up like you would bacon and gave that to us

That does sound incredible. I love the crispy bits on the top when I make a Prime Rib at home, I can only imagine how tasty that would be!

The dessert was a perfect ending to this meal.

It sounds perfect!

My husband still talks about this event as it was one of his favorite pairing dinners he’s ever attended. He loved how entertaining it was and interactive and the 3 hours we were there, just flew by!

I can imagine. I'll look out for this one next year, maybe we will luck out.

We weren’t heavily searching for Remy but if it easily popped out for us we took the picture as we were heading back out to the buses to get to the hotel.

That's so cute how they had him in each country!

They had a lot of guidelines in the emails they had sent about the clothes that would be ok to wear and I followed them; unlike some of the others that showed up.

I'm glad you posted them. Interesting how lots of people just ignored them.

My crazy earliness paid off and I was among the first in line. I killed my time playing on my phone and people watching as the various other taping guests arrived.

That's awesome.

We got to see Mario cook italian, Carla cook Salmon w/ Hidden Valley Ranch and Michael Symon cook food from The Land.

We just watched this one last week. I thought about you and wondered which episode you were at.

I don't like to drag my trip reports out as I find it so disappointing when you start following someone's report and it takes almost a year to get it done or never finished. I try to write a lot of updates at once in a Google Drive in a report called Trip Report Pre Write when I get some free time. This lets me post about an update a day or every other day depending on what else is going on so we can keep it moving! I actually have the next 4 updates written and have the photos in place for the one after that

No wonder you are cranking out updates. I was so busy last week preparing to visit my parents, I kept seeing new updates pop up in my Watched threads and I knew there wasn't any time for me to read and comment, so yours is the first I'm catching up on now that we are here.

We were blown.......................... away with it!

I'm not big on beer, but I'm glad it was such a great event for you.

This event was splendid! The value for our dollar was great in comparison to a lot of the various events we’ve done in the past as the beer was totally free flowing!

That's always great when you get a good value out of something at Disney, and I love it when they are pouring freely! :thumbsup2

I also spent $400 on artwork from Art of Disney before we went to the movie. I shouldn’t shop drunk but it was an awesome Stitch painting!

I saw that you hung these the other day. Always fun when you can get your Disney artwork up on the walls.

Looking back, I may have had some acute sunstroke seeing how bad it was to feel cooled off despite lots of liquids until I had the huge Icee and stayed out of the sun for a few hours.

I'm glad it didn't turn out to be more serious and you were able to fend it off with an icee and air conditioned movie.

<soapbox rant> My husband and I thought it was absolutely insane that a couple around our age brought their baby, stroller & all to this dinner and made there be some adjustment so they could sit at the middle table so their stroller wouldn’t completely be in the way. I’m glad we were far away from them as there is no need for that - either you don’t go to wine dinners if you can’t get a babysitter or use one of the many options for babysitters at Disney. There is too much wine following for young children. Not everyone wants to be exposed to your child at what is very much an adult experience as it is a WINE Dinner</soapbox>

This is just crazy! I totally agree with you. There are places for kids, and signature restaurants really aren't one of them. There are exceptions for very well behaved children, but not babies in a stroller. Sorry, either bring a sitter along or wait until the kid grows up a little. Be a responsible parent, not an entitled one. It sounds like you hit the entitled persons jackpot this trip!

After this amazing meal, we walked back to the lobby and got a taxi home to Animal Kingdom. We were fully relaxed and started discussing the rest of the trip and what we had planned.

That sounds like a smart idea. I remember trying to get back to AK from FF via Disney transport and it took us an hour and a half to transfer at DTD. OK, all caught up!

My goodness that dinner looked amazing! Again so excited that I dropped in this morning to the Dis and saw many updates! I was having a rough morning and you totally brightened it so thank you!!

So many updates, so much food, I'm not even sure where to start - except for ABC commissary, won't start there ; ) .

First, that Japanese craft brew event looks completely awesome. I mean ya had me at frozen Kirin, but then the tons of craft beer and great pairings (and REFILLS) on tops of that this looks like perfection.

I'm not even sure I have words Flying Fish meal. It's one of my favorite disney restaurants anyway, but your food looks absolutely delicious and then the wine pairings. Wow.

Gonna have to figure out how to get ourselves to food and wine for some of the special events in the near future. And of course we will leave the kid in childcare ; )

Cream Soda Float w/ Caramel Ice Cream

You tasted so many great things...too many to quote - but this was something I had really wanted to try at F&W...looked sooo good!!!

I don't get why anyone would bring a kid to something like that...wouldn't be fun for anyone.

As always, excellent recap of the wine dinner. Looks fantastic! Sadly, we've never managed to get over to Flying Fish for a meal. And now, it looks like it's going to be closed for refurb next year.

A wine dinner with baby in stroller? :sad2:

When are you leaving??? Has to be soon, right? We start our drive tomorrow after work. If I don't catch you before, have a great run!!

Thank you! It was a fantastic wine dinner (although the two I did this trip may have also blown this one away) I think they are in need of the refurbishment though as the decor hasn't really changed at all since it originally opened along with the Boardwalk. I imagine the kitchen could use some upgrades with the times!

We left Thursday evening and got back this morning! It was an interesting trip between the wine events and the races but overall, a good vacation. Too bad we didn't run into each other. I did get randomly recognized by a lady in the elevator at the Beach Club when I was with my husband but she wasn't sure of her Disboard Screen names.

Whew! I'm all caught up now!
Yay!

Your lunch snacking around Epcot sounded just great! I really can't wait to go back next year. Hearing all about your special events really makes me want to go again, and I'm so glad it is on the horizon! At least I can go to L'Artisan Des Glaces in just over a month!
It was a great lunch with the snacking! You will have so much fun next year being able to do the events - we have to see how much vacation time and points I have left after we set the days for Hawaii to see what we are doing next year. Enjoy your L'Artisan Des Glaces!

Wow! I have never seen a wait that long for this ride!
Outside of major US holidays, I haven't seen it that long before either! I would never wait that long for it either.

I despise "special" people like this.

Sounds really good! Everything you ate so far sounds pretty good!

That does sound incredible. I love the crispy bits on the top when I make a Prime Rib at home, I can only imagine how tasty that would be!

It sounds perfect!

I can imagine. I'll look out for this one next year, maybe we will luck out.
I had my fill of special people this trip! It just had me roll my eyes!

This dinner was amazing with the dishes - even things I didn't think I was going to like impressed me! I still know the taste of those lovely crispy bits!

That's so cute how they had him in each country!

I'm glad you posted them. Interesting how lots of people just ignored them.

That's awesome.

We just watched this one last week. I thought about you and wondered which episode you were at.

People don't really seem to care how they dress anymore it seems. Even around Naples, its like that at the nicer places where people don't just care anymore.

I watched all the episodes of that week to see what the other giveaways were (I think I won out!)

No wonder you are cranking out updates. I was so busy last week preparing to visit my parents, I kept seeing new updates pop up in my Watched threads and I knew there wasn't any time for me to read and comment, so yours is the first I'm catching up on now that we are here.
Thank you for having me be the first for catch up! I need to go around and catch up on my threads after this weekend as I had intentions of keeping up with it all but it just didn't happen as taking a nap was totally more important to me at that point in time.

I'm not big on beer, but I'm glad it was such a great event for you.

That's always great when you get a good value out of something at Disney, and I love it when they are pouring freely! :thumbsup2

I think even a person not huge on beer but likes trying new things could enjoy this event as long as they are willing to try. I was really nervous about some of the beers but I like some at least. I've come a long way with beer since that Le Cellier Signature Lunch a couple years ago where before that I would say I hated all beers. Once I finally got to try some of the non-crappy major US beers, I discovered some that can actually be good! I'm sure the price will go up next year once they realized their true operating costs of it.

I saw that you hung these the other day. Always fun when you can get your Disney artwork up on the walls.
Yup! It looks much better on the walls than in a box on the floor but my husband wanted to wait until we got the Star Wars Donald Prints framed (goodness that is super expensive) to get them all up! We were supposed to look for another piece of art for the bedroom to take over the space of my Yoda Stitch he moved but we completely forgot.

I'm glad it didn't turn out to be more serious and you were able to fend it off with an icee and air conditioned movie.
I agree! My husband was about to strangle me once we decided on the movie and I kept saying I want a huge icee over and over again but I have zero shame when I want something outside of him calling me grandma because I kept repeating myself.

This is just crazy! I totally agree with you. There are places for kids, and signature restaurants really aren't one of them. There are exceptions for very well behaved children, but not babies in a stroller. Sorry, either bring a sitter along or wait until the kid grows up a little. Be a responsible parent, not an entitled one. It sounds like you hit the entitled persons jackpot this trip!

That sounds like a smart idea. I remember trying to get back to AK from FF via Disney transport and it took us an hour and a half to transfer at DTD. OK, all caught up!

Yup, totally hit the entitled jackpot that trip but at least I can laugh and just snark about it all later. Growing up, I was the well behaved child at nice places but my mother scared the wrath of hades into me if I was to act up so I didn't! Obviously the baby was too young to know any better so its strictly the parents fault.

Spending $20 on a taxi is well worth it for my time saved. 90 minutes is too long to get back when you are done!

My goodness that dinner looked amazing! Again so excited that I dropped in this morning to the Dis and saw many updates! I was having a rough morning and you totally brightened it so thank you!!

It was totally amazing! I'm so glad we did that dinner rather than try to see if we got in for California Grill (although one of these days, we will get it!) Sorry I've been slacking on the updates the last few days for you ;) Hopefully your weekend was going well.

So many updates, so much food, I'm not even sure where to start - except for ABC commissary, won't start there ; ) .

First, that Japanese craft brew event looks completely awesome. I mean ya had me at frozen Kirin, but then the tons of craft beer and great pairings (and REFILLS) on tops of that this looks like perfection.

I'm not even sure I have words Flying Fish meal. It's one of my favorite disney restaurants anyway, but your food looks absolutely delicious and then the wine pairings. Wow.

Gonna have to figure out how to get ourselves to food and wine for some of the special events in the near future. And of course we will leave the kid in childcare ; )

I totally get people not liking ABC commissary as it isn't the best reviewed place around here but it served its need of filling us up with food & being air conditioned. I had so much great luck this time around with all my events as they all were better than what I was expecting them to be. Hopefully you'll be able to drop your child off at one of the childcare places (the parents at our table at Flying Fish had great words to say about the Sand Castle Club & as a child, I enjoyed the Polynesian one and Wilderness Lodge well enough) Maybe next year for you!

You tasted so many great things...too many to quote - but this was something I had really wanted to try at F&W...looked sooo good!!!

I don't get why anyone would bring a kid to something like that...wouldn't be fun for anyone.

I tasted so much the past 5 weeks at Disney. I need to behave on my diet now until race season is over in the spring. My husband kept joking with me this weekend that I'm totally on my last binge as he thought I may have needed a new liver. I just needed to enjoy myself and goodness I did! Time for lots of water and veggies and clean protein now. That cream soda float was so good but at least you could make something similar at home with items from the grocery store if you want to try it.

At least the two main wine events I did this weekend, we had no entitled people - guess it made up for last time![/QUOTE]

Only To Accomplish One Goal!

When we were looking online the day before, we saw that Disney had announced purple magic bands finally! They were even going on sale the next day in the Magic Kingdom! This made sure we kept those plans for the day.

I woke up around 6:00AM and headed downstairs to the gym to go on the bike for a while.

Aa0L1I5.jpg

UBvkaUa.jpg

We took the bus to Magic Kingdom where we just missed rope drop so I didn’t get to see it at all this trip sadly.

k5rqua8.jpg

We went on Pooh and then headed to our FP+ selection for the Mine Train. I like the Mine Train but I would never wait in that hour long plus huge line for it as I don’t think it is anywhere as good as many of the other roller coaster type rides.

aq3Nomn.jpg

We then headed to store by the Haunted Mansion where I got my new purple band! So happy!

1pkUde3.jpg

About this time, my boss started blowing up my phone about something. We had to take a timeout in Liberty Square while I checked my emails and began to deal with it all. My husband dealt with this by also doing work for the first time all trip and started reading his hundreds of unread emails.

Once done, we went to Big Thunder and Pirates.

nFlpQaE.jpg

Kmtb6F0.jpg

RXDf1GK.jpg

When then used our last FP+ for Haunted Mansion where the ride stopped a couple time

sUPftxq.jpg

dtXi88y.jpg

And with 4 rides done & a new magicband acquired, we headed back to the hotel and debated on what we wanted for lunch.​

An African Lunch

During the bus ride, we decided to just get off the bus at Kidani Village and seeing if we could get a walk in for Sanaa. They were able to get us in (it was super busy for a Friday lunch!) and we were lead to a booth. I was still dealing with some work stuff and told my boss I would have something done once I got back to the room after lunch. Knowing I had to deal with this may have turned this into a three course lunch with cocktails though ;)

My Mojito was exactly what I wanted to relax before this leisurely meal.

qQ2kcUV.jpg

African Starr Mojito - Starr African Rum, Van der Hum Tangerine Liqueur from South Africa, fresh Mint & Lime

We decided to start with the bread service here as it was something we hadn’t tried previously. We only went with three of the sauces rather than the full selection as we knew it would be enough for just the two of us. We weren’t fans of the Pappadum or Onion Kucha bread but we got a nice fill with all the Naans. We loved both the Red Chile Sambal and the Cucumber Raita and kept switching between the two as it was a great hot and cold experience that way. We kept the leftover sambal for our sandwiches as well.

4XbFqLK.jpg

Indian-Style Bread Service - 5 Breads (Traditional Naan, Garlic-Ginger Naan, Spiced Naan, Onion Kucha, Pappadum) with a choice of Three Accompaniments (Cucumber Raita, Red Chile Sambal, Spicy Jalapeno-Lime Pickle)

My husband and I both selected the same sandwich for our lunch. We probably should have just split one between the two of us but we really did enjoy it! The flavors were nice and the chicken was really tender. I love how the Naan is chewy and crispy at the same time!

pZxSTeF.jpg

Sanaa Signature Sandwiches from Tandoor Oven - Tandoori Chicken served open-faced on Naan Bread w/ Minted Greens, Onion & Cucumber Raita

I got a cocktail with my dessert because why not? I loved this! I do really enjoy Amarula and the mix with the Tangerine Liqueur was nice.

VLklni5.jpg

Painted Lemur - Amarula Fruit Cream Liqueur & Van der Hum Tangerine combined in a chocolate striped glass inspired by the distinctive striped tail of Madagascar Lemur

My husband went with an adult dessert unlike his wife ;) He loved the plating of this dish along with the flavors as it wasn’t too bitter and the coffee and caramel worked well together.

yy6JuGF.jpg

Tanzanian Chocolate Mousse - Kenya Coffee & Caramel

I decided to order off the children’s menu. I love S’mores and this sounded great to me! It was huge considering it cost less than $3! It was exactly what you expected S’more pudding to taste like.

5VnWmRI.jpg

Savanna S’mores - Layers of Chocolate Pudding, Marshmallow Fluff & Toasted Graham Crackers

This lunch was great! It was at a relaxed pace which was fine for us this day. We were shocked at how busy it was for a Friday close to opening but I guess more and more people have found out about it and hide away from the parks this day.

Once back in the room, I dealt with work for the next two hours. Once done with all of that, I headed to the pool to soak up the sun some more before taking a nap back in the room and getting some items all packed up so we could bring down some items to the car that we knew we wouldn’t need again and so we wouldn’t have to take two trips Sunday morning to bring down everything.​

I love Sanaa for lunch! The bread service is among my favorite! We are going there on our April trip before we do the nighttime activities.

I love Sanaa for lunch! The bread service is among my favorite! We are going there on our April trip before we do the nighttime activities.

I think that's the first time I've ever done the bread service for Sanaa. That will be a great meal in April! Hopefully more of the AK Night Time items are open around then. Now that I'm thru with all my F&W Trips - I can begin focusing on the Feb & April Run Trips with planning and seeing when stuff is going to be closed & opened.

Cheese & Fondue

When we had decided against Be Our Guest, I made a dinner reservation for Grand Floridian Cafe so we could get some French Onion Soup.

My husband and I both got cocktails. My husband went with Grand Colada which he liked as it was fruity and smooth! I enjoyed my florida sunshine as it was totally Florida in a glass.

UO6Beka.jpg
97IH4gz.jpg

Grand Colada - A tropical blend of Myer’s Original Dark Rum, Coconut & Pineapple topped with Blue Curacao

WSfbbZ8.jpg

Florida Sunshine - Blend of Skyy Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Chambord & Cranberry Juice w/ a splash of Orange Juice

We both got our own order of the soup and really enjoyed it! It was cheesy and oniony as it should be!

wahPsRm.jpg

Caramelized Onion Soup Gratinee - Traditional French Onion Soup

As we wanted dessert, we split our main entrée. My husband ate most of the risotto before I got a chance to enjoy it (I was still slowly eating my soup) but the bites I had were great! He passed on most of the chicken but I really liked how well it was cooked. The skin was nice and crispy while the chicken was really moist.

fd8Z1ov.jpg

Pan-Roasted Chicken Breast - Chef’s Seasonal Risotto (Mushroom) & Chicken Jus

My husband got the two person sampler for himself. He really likes dessert as you can tell ;) He was happy with all of the choices but his favorite was the cheesecake and the mocha pot de creme.

AkRKg8B.jpg

Dessert Sampler (Serves Two unless you are Mr. Dis_Yoda) - Fresh Berry Tart, Mocha Pot de Creme, Chocolate Timbale, Wild Strawberry Cheesecake

When we had decided on going to Grand Floridian Cafe, I already had decided on what I was getting for dessert before I got there. The fondue was perfect! The chocolate was super creamy and the fruit was still really ripe. The only thing I really didn’t like with the fondue was the brownie bites as it was just too much chocolate so I left those behinds.

7qkfUhw.jpg

Chocolate Fondue w/ Fruit, Brownie Bites & Campfire Marshmallows

We paid for our meal and headed back to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Once back in the room, we settled in for the night and discussed tomorrow’s plans. As we had lunch at Sanaa, we didn’t really need to keep dinner for it the next day. I bought us tickets for Fork & Dine at AMC to watch The Martian as we could have that for dinner instead and see a movie we were interested in.​

A Run & Indulgent Breakfast

We aren’t good sleep in people as you’ve probably noticed during this trip report. We were up by 6:30AM and I headed to the gym. According to the official training plan, I was to run 3 Miles this day. I ended up going a little farther than that. My husband stayed in bed.

79cMN8z.jpg

Once back at the room, I stated I wanted a real breakfast as we hadn’t had one all trip. He was fine with that as well so we headed downstairs to Boma to see if we could get a walk in.

They were taking walk ins as they had just opened a few minutes prior.

NCpi3IA.jpg

8teKLqw.jpg

We ordered some water and juice and headed up to the buffet to make some selections.

GoaafGp.jpg

Dis_Yoda’s 1st Plate - Turkey Slice, Biscuit, Cheese, Pap, Pecan Topping, Bacon

9YXOxuJ.jpg

Mr. Dis_Yoda’s 1st Plate - Eggs, Bacon, Pastries, Potatoes

QWavfHW.jpg

Dis_Yoda’s 2nd Plate - More Turkey, Bacon, Donut, Waffle w/ Banana Topping, Watermelon Rind Salad

2Q3WqYo.jpg

Mr. Dis_Yoda’s 2nd Plate - Eggs & Bacon

4A0cENV.jpg

Dis_Yoda Eating Donut (Old Sorority Joke)

This was a great breakfast although I am glad we only did it once this trip.

We headed back to the room after breakfast to relax for about an hour before we would head to EPCOT to finish the passport!​

I'm loving your desserts from GF. I would have probably eaten that whole sampler myself as well. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter