Why don't we do a little day drinking? - F&W 2015 - Update 12/11 Bonus EPCOT Night!

I would have been happy with the onion soup and your dessert fondue! I'm trying to figure our how I could work that in on a future trip, bit I don't see how with Narcoosee's brunch and breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.

Mr Dis_Yoda sure has an appetite! I couldn't eat that many eggs! :rotfl: Your plates from Boma looked really tasty!

I'm drooling here...everything looks sooo good. I would love that s'mores kids dessert!! Yum!!

I'm making a list of alcohol to try from your TR! Haha

I'm glad to help out on the alcohol list! I do indulge a fair amount at Disney (I'm much more boring in day to day life - tonight was sparkling water and salad for dinner!)

I'm loving your desserts from GF. I would have probably eaten that whole sampler myself as well. lol

I'm glad someone else could eat the whole sampler as well ;) Their desserts are simple but really well done which is one of the reasons why I love Grand Floridian Cafe as that is how many of their dishes are.

I would have been happy with the onion soup and your dessert fondue! I'm trying to figure our how I could work that in on a future trip, bit I don't see how with Narcoosee's brunch and breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.

Mr Dis_Yoda sure has an appetite! I couldn't eat that many eggs! :rotfl: Your plates from Boma looked really tasty!

It wasn't something originally in our plans at all but it worked out well. We were there for so long that plans had to change up! I don't see how it would fit in on your plans either from what I saw for your two trips - Disney Springs totally should win out on enjoyment more than anything else!

Mr. Dis_Yoda can put away food. He can eat like that and quickly lose whatever it is his gains! *shakes fist at him*

Did you see my FB post of his breakfast Saturday? What was missing from that photo was the eggs that came with my meal that he also ate. That was his main meal that day so it was excusable it was just funny seeing all that food in front of him & the server really tried to convince him to just do the buffet.

I'm drooling here...everything looks sooo good. I would love that s'mores kids dessert!! Yum!!

It was so good! So much food that trip but it was all worth it. I'm now in detox mode for the next two months though :(

Melissa...I just love your food pictures. I still say that picture of you at the BW is beautiful.

Melissa...I just love your food pictures. I still say that picture of you at the BW is beautiful.

Thank for loving my food photos! I love taking them. This trip I pretty much only used my cell phone too & I'm overall pretty happy with the outcome of it! I'm super happy with the Boardwalk Photo of me too. My husband had been saying my FB was too outdated so it totally was the perfect update!

Haha tonight was two Strongbow ciders with dinner... I was bad

Having Strongbows isn't bad! They are so tasty! I decided to skip the gym as my IT band and I are in a fight atm so I balanced it out by behaving. I do have a wine dinner next week at Roy's again so that will be a nice treat among all the RC training I should be working on.

Finishing The Passport

Before our final Food & Wine event for this trip, we had the goal of finishing our passport. We didn’t have many left we had to do - they were mainly just some drinks at the coffee carts and Morocco so totally manageable!

When we got to EPCOT, my husband wanted to buy another print that he had passed on earlier in the week. While he was dealing with that and having it shipped back to our house in Naples (since we couldn’t do resort pick up anymore), I headed to Test Track Coffee Cart to get their Food & Wine Festival Offering. It was a decent iced alcoholic coffee which was perfect for all the heat this day.

mgxcCfS.jpg

Ice Coffee Dream: Bold Roast Coffee, Chilled & Iced w/ Light Cream, topped with Bailey’s Irish Creme & Whipped Cream

We headed to Mission Space as it wasn’t quite 11AM yet & we hadn’t been on that ride yet this trip. We did the Green Side as we didn’t want to upset our stomachs with all the food we had planned!

NWqrOYc.jpg

jr8rEEG.jpg

PmBK3Ze.jpg

On our way to the World Showcase, we stopped by the Cheese Studio so I could get another serving of my favorite booth offering! It was just as good this time around :)

Y71in67.jpg

Cheese Fondue w/ Sourdough Bread

BnGfBqy.jpg

Festival Display

We head to the Odyssey Coffee Cart to get my husband the option from this booth since he doesn’t like Iced Coffee or Chai Lattes and he had to do his part in drinking around the world. He enjoyed it. It had the same flavor profiles as a pina colada so he was happy as he does love fruity frozen cocktails.

Rv3fEO7.jpg

Tropical Delight Mango Smoothie w/ Coconut Syrup & Grey Goose Vodka

The next coffee cart was the Showcase Coffee Cart where I got the Chai Latte Iced w/ no whipped cream. It had a nice kick to it!

Zrgnu0u.jpg

Chai Latte w/ Bailey’s Topped w/ Cinnamon & Whipped Cream

My indulgent self decided to visit France to get a repeat of my favorite cocktail from the festival and to try this year’s creme brulee which was super soupy so most of it went in the trash.

sovlFWf.jpg

La Passion Martini Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, Cranberry & Passion Fruit Juice & Creme Brulee Vanille Chocolat: Vanilla & Chocolate Creme Brulee Topped w/ Caramelized Sugar

To finish our passport we went to Morocco where we selected the sangria more so because it was cheaper than the Mimosa and we knew we would be getting a fair amount of them later this afternoon at the Parisian Afternoon!

0WiPVIy.jpg

Sangria

We shopped around in Japan and went to the China CircleVision show to kill some time. We bought a lot of gifts at Japan for our friends back home and got it shipped to the International Gateway so we could pick it up on our way out this afternoon.

LxaaqzW.jpg

Yl961Xq.jpg

Ki4Ofv0.jpg

022QIjd.jpg

lAyFPU0.jpg

A Parisian Afternoon

We headed to Monsieur Paul to check in for our final Food & Wine Event for this trip. We were sat at a 6 top towards the kitchen and were shortly joined by a lady doing the event solo. She had done many other events so she was nice to talk to. We had 3 open seats at our table during the first course of the event.

wM99Zw2.jpg

Table Setting

HexOwrk.jpg

Menu

Once we had a chance to review the menu, we were given our first glass of mimosas along with being given an option for another beverage if you wanted such as tea or soda. We said we were totally happy with keeping the mimosas coming! Both my husband and I had a fair amount of them - not exactly sure how many to be honest. One server made them more champagne than orange juice but another made it pretty much orange juice.

KbbI6ya.jpg

Mimosa #1

Iqw0Wab.jpg

Mimosa #3

The first course was a cold pea soup. The soup was really fresh and not at all rich. My husband and I both really enjoyed it.

kUBTRPE.jpg

Soupe Froide de Petit Pols - Cold Pea Soup w/ Bacon Mushroom Toast

The second course was a plate of finger sandwiches along with a warm croissant and a quiche I passed on eating the quiche but the savory croissant was so buttery and flakey and flavorful! The finger sandwiches were interesting flavor combinations! I really enjoyed the Chicken Curry one the most followed by the tarragon butter & ham one. The tomato basil one fell flat to me. I couldn’t quite decide if I liked the cranberry turkey apple one but the serving wasn’t large enough for me to really make the decision. I’m glad that they gave us such large savory options between the soup and this course as what was coming was a lot of sweets!

VI9HuE0.jpg

Assortiment d’amuse bouches -
Cold:
Tarragon, Spinach Bread Sandwich w/ Mustard Tarragon Butter & Ham
Curry, Turmeric Bread Sandwich w/ Garlic Aioli & Chicken
Tomato, Basil Bread Sandwich w/ Basil Pesto, Tomato, Carrot & Cucumber
Multigrain Cranberry Bread Sandwich w/ Mayonnaise, Apple & Turkey

Warm:
Smoked Salmon Quiche w/ Spinach & Dill
Savory Thyme Croissant

When we originally signed up for this event, the only two things we knew about it were there would be unlimited mimosas (yay!) and macarons. What we got was so much more on the plate. The three macarons were so pretty along with being prepared exactly as they should be. My husband and I both enjoyed the blackberry one the most! The chocolate cream was super flavorful and not very heavy at all. Every pastry and dessert on this plate was executed correctly in a french tradition which made all of it really enjoyable. This was the star of the event and it really showcased what they had advertised.

IaDVAvF.jpg
XRhUJaL.jpg

Assortiment De Petits Fours Aux Chocolats Valrhona
Chocolate Cream w/ Equatorial Milk & Guanaja Chocolate
Macaron w/ Araguani 72% Chocolate
Macaron w/ Blackberry & Illanka 63% Chocolate
Macaron Exotic w/ Opalys White Chocolate
Vanilla & Mixed Berries Puff Choux
Valrhona Chocolate Bonbons

XfYv3qs.jpg

Champagne #10something

Throughout the event they really kept up on keeping our glasses filled and right before it was over, they switched to just champagne to finish off the open bottles. We would totally do this event again next year as we felt it was very worth it!​

Having Strongbows isn't bad! They are so tasty! I decided to skip the gym as my IT band and I are in a fight atm so I balanced it out by behaving. I do have a wine dinner next week at Roy's again so that will be a nice treat among all the RC training I should be working on.

I've become quite a fan of strongbow and a blackberry cider some of the higher end grocery stores carry. I went cold turkey on soft drinks in may.. but I love my carbonation. I feel like I still get it some having those ciders, but without all the sugar and caffeine I was getting from 3-4 sodas a day!

Yummmmm on all the mimosas! Macaroon is on my list to try in Disney. I've never had one!

I've become quite a fan of strongbow and a blackberry cider some of the higher end grocery stores carry. I went cold turkey on soft drinks in may.. but I love my carbonation. I feel like I still get it some having those ciders, but without all the sugar and caffeine I was getting from 3-4 sodas a day!

Yummmmm on all the mimosas! Macaroon is on my list to try in Disney. I've never had one!

I've enjoyed some nice blackberry ciders from Total Wine! That store is a dangerous place for me to try to find new things to have. I've done the no soda thing before! I tried to get my carbonation fix through soda water when I'm being healthy. You gotta let yourself have something to look forward to.

I would only try the Macaroons from France when you try it at Disney! the mickey shaped ones are belch!

Finally caught up on your great reviews! This has me super excited for F&W next year.

Thanks for catching up! F&W is going to be so much fun next year :) I'll be able to keep you all in the loop on the special events.

Let’s Visit Mars

Once we left France, we actually just headed to the International Gateway to pick up our presents for our friends from the package pick up. We slowly walked to the Beach Club to catch a bus to Disney Springs and head to our movie, The Martian. We had some time to kill before it was time so we shopped around some - I spent some money at Basin and World of Disney. We got to the movie about an hour early so we just killed time playing on our phones. We went inside the theater about 30 minutes before. The movie was very full but that wasn’t a huge deal as everyone has assigned seats and there are only 4 seats per section. We noticed they had just changed their menu and many of the options we went with before were now missing. Neither of us were truly hungry but we both got something that would soak up all those Mimosas we had enjoyed. I also got another cocktail which came with a really cool glass that you could keep. As we ordered our food at the start of the movie, there are no pictures. I ordered the mac & cheese and my husband had the chicken fingers. We were happy with these choices.

w89ORYt.jpg
HmZ0HpD.jpg
f38DjVs.jpg

New Fork & Dine Menu

0AvUdWZ.jpg

Fireball Angry Orchard

vfkaHoA.jpg

Chocolate Shake

We really enjoyed the movie. We had both read the book this summer when we knew the movie would be coming out. They didn’t change the overall story line much and the items they didn’t address from the book made sense as it wouldn’t have translated well or would have just bloated the movie even longer.

After the movie, we headed back to the hotel to finish all our packing and get ready for leaving the next day.​

Going Home

We woke up at 6:00AM ready to get home. We had an amazing trip but we were ready to get home as we had enough time to truly relax. We got to do most of things we wanted to do although we didn’t get to bowl like originally planned. We got the rest of our bags to the car and made our way back to Naples.

4w0Af5e.jpg

xbVqEDP.jpg

So much stuff, it didn’t all fit in the Trunk

We ended up making excellent time and we would have been about 45 minutes early to pick up the dogs from the kennel so after getting the car unpacked, I went to my 10:00AM yoga class to start my detox and then got to the kennel by 11:30AM to pick up my boys!

YUQXGGg.jpg

So happy

Once home, I don’t think either of them did anything more than sleep. This was perfect as after we began our laundry, unpacking, I accomplished nothing more than starting to watch shows off the DVRs and giving them attention!

T6OwBe7.jpg

Sleep & Sulking

At least, we only had a few weeks until our next trip!

Here is all our artwork we bought this trip now that it is hung around the house:

RwOnS1i.jpg

My Drunken Expensive Art

RhDkdVd.jpg

My Husband’s Art (The Donalds - We’ve had the Stitch since 2011)

Just Trying To Escape

This short weekend trip was planned a couple days in advance. Work was bogging me down and I knew one of my favorite bands would be playing at EPCOT so I nicely asked my husband if I could go. He said we work to make money and spend money. There were some stipulations that I wasn’t allowed to do any fancy Food & Wine Events and I needed to stay at a cheap hotel. Disney Value Hotels were all booked so I had to start looking off-site o_O

Technically it was my Friday off on October 30th but it was the end of the month for work and that usually means some heavy pushing to get product out the door. I got in at 7AM with the full intention of trying to get out at 10AM. I was happy I made it out at 10:30AM with the promise I would still be checking my emails and would be available by phone although that was hard to accomplish.

I hit the road and was happy to have little traffic on I-75 or I-4 during my entire ride up there. I did stop in Fort Myers for some Taco Bell Dollar Menu to get a taco and a drink to hold me over until I got to Disney for real food.

Qj81FXs.jpg

JL0Zfat.jpg

I got to my hotel, Buena Vista Palace, a little after 1:30PM & attempted to check in. My room wasn’t ready which made me sad as I wanted to take like a 30 minute power nap before heading to the parks as I felt draggy. I left my bag with their bell services so it wouldn’t be left in my car all afternoon and headed over to Hollywood Studios. I had at least an hour until it was time to use my FP+ for Toy Story Mania so I went to Tune In Lounge to get a cocktail and a bite to eat. I was lucky to get a seat at the bar as it was super crowded! The poor bartender was going a mile a minute on his half of the bar while his coworker was purposely moving slowly to not help him out with any of the walk ups.

Vc2bB6F.jpg

I ordered my cocktail and found it to be very refreshing and looked over the menu on what I would want for such a late lunch. I didn’t want to have a ton of food so I went with an old favorite appetizer that finally made its way back onto the menu! It was just as tasty now as it was years ago & the fruit thrown in totally helps balance out the fried cheese right?

ACVaU6S.jpg

Dad’s Electric Lemonade - Dad Whips Up An Electrifying Blue Drink w/ Bacardi Superior Rum, Skyy Vodka, Blue Curacao, Sweet & Sour and Sprite

7REsYxT.jpg

Fried Herb & Garlic Cheese - Served w/ Warm Raspberry Sauce, Grapes, Apples & Toasted French Bread

I enjoyed my appetizer and my cocktail slowly and enjoyed people watching. People ranged from super understanding to the overworked bartender to annoyed that they weren’t served as soon as they walked up. Some were mad you could only get 2 Drinks Per ID & that they didn’t take Foreign IDs outside of the Passport. I made sure I tipped the poor guy better as it was just not a good day for him!

As it neared halfway through my FP+ window, I headed to Toy Story Mania where I got placed in the same vehicle as another family & sat next to someone’s grandfather. He seemed to be impressed with my skills & I told him he did well for his first time!

qHMzKUz.jpg

Super Long FP+ Line!

h7cWZ4g.jpg

FP+ Score!

I headed to Rock’n’Roller Coaster to attempt to do the ride as a single rider but was shot down as they had closed off the single rider line sadly & I wasn't going to wait in a 80 minute line. I went to use my FP+ for Tower of Terror instead. I got through the line queue and was about to enter the room where we see the video when I got a phone call from my boss. I stepped in front of the service elevator and attempted to try to deal with it all and forward some emails. Doing everything I could at that time, I rejoined the line and got weird looks from people. Oh well!

gBTq8gL.jpg

t48AYmE.jpg

lxvqRV7.jpg

Once on Tower of Terror, I realized why we usually skip this ride now. My stomach does not like the ride anymore. I didn’t feel too hot afterwards. Once off the ride, I had to call my customer and save the day for work.

Y8ECxb3.jpg

EVU8Vt3.jpg

yMvNmlX.jpg

ETlHOd6.jpg

I wandered aimlessly around Hollywood Studios trying to kill time before my Star Tours FP+ but eventually I just gave up as I had been fighting a headache most of the day and headed back to Buena Vista Palace as my room was now ready and I wanted to relax. I settled into the room and actually took a nap around 6:00PM or so for 45 minutes as my headache wasn’t going away with just relaxation. I was happy with the cleanliness of the room and the overall size. The only complaint I had about the hotel is that there was a ton of construction walls up as they are being heavily renovated but it was something that was liveable and other than making the outside ugly, it didn’t affect me in anyway.

X1atdSe.jpg

tNBp8W3.jpg

You are so lucky to be able to just decide on a whim to go to Disney :) Very jealous!

I spent some money at Basin and World of Disney.

OMG I fell in love with Basin when I was there. I wish they had it here. The solid perfume is my fave.

Your food and wine events looked like so much fun. I really want to do that without kids one day!

Looks like you ended your first trip on a great note. That Parisian meal looks great, especially all the free flowing drinks.

Can't wait to see how the rest of this trip goes.

You had me at cheese fondue...and then a chai latte with Baileys...OH MY! I think I would have died and gone to heaven!

I hope the Parisian offerings are available again next year...trying to figure out how to fit one our already growing schedule along with all the pool time I want! Mimosas....:love:

Can't wait to hear more about your weekend escape...

You are so lucky to be able to just decide on a whim to go to Disney :) Very jealous!

OMG I fell in love with Basin when I was there. I wish they had it here. The solid perfume is my fave.

Your food and wine events looked like so much fun. I really want to do that without kids one day!

I am very lucky to be able to go on a whim. It's the joy of being DINKS (Duel Income, No Kids) with a husband that works a ton on the weekends so he knows I like to entertain myself sometimes. Keeping the APs and being able to drive also helps justify the costs!

I love Basin but I have to be careful in there because I could quickly spend way too much money! I think you can order the items on-line if you happen to really be wanting something :)

F&W is the perfect time of year for a sans-kid trip!

Looks like you ended your first trip on a great note. That Parisian meal looks great, especially all the free flowing drinks.

Can't wait to see how the rest of this trip goes.

The 1st Trip was overall a perfect Disney vacation! Tons of food, alcohol, events, and not a lot of drama. I felt truly recharged!

You had me at cheese fondue...and then a chai latte with Baileys...OH MY! I think I would have died and gone to heaven!

I hope the Parisian offerings are available again next year...trying to figure out how to fit one our already growing schedule along with all the pool time I want! Mimosas....:love:

Can't wait to hear more about your weekend escape...

Cheese Fondue is like my favorite thing ever! I make it at home sometimes as well but at Disney it just seems so much better!

I'm sure they will bring back the Parisian Breakfast again - not sure if they will do the Afternoon again since that one used to be the Taste, Shake & Indulge so it will be interesting to see if they keep it or if they change it. If they replace it with something else, I'm sure it will be great as France knows how to throw a Food & Wine event!

You may need to extend your vacation to get it all in ;) There are reasons why I try to be at Food & Wine at least 3 different weekends each year.

A Progressive Dinner

Around 7:00PM, I walked over to Disney Springs from the hotel using the walkway. Eventually they will have a walkway above the street that can be used without having to worry about traffic lights which will help! My first stop was The Hangar where I sat at the outside bar to order a couple cocktails to kill some time.

4IJdxJ0.jpg

When I ordered my Monkey, I was given an option to keep the Souvenir Glass or not. As it was going to cost an additional $15, I decided against it.

I enjoyed the next 45 minutes by enjoying my two beverages and being entertained by the bartenders. They were in a great mood and kept talking about Duck Tales and Reggie The Snake!

bygREyZ.jpg

ETfdGtO.jpg

Cool-Headed Monkey - Starr African Rum, Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, Fresh Lime Juice, Watermelon & Pineapple Juice

IORpwbu.jpg

Anything Goes - Byejoe Dragon Fire Spirit, Fresh Lime Juice, Passion Fruit & Pineapple Juice

As I still had time to kill before my dinner reservation at Raglan Road, I headed to the Forbidden Lounge to see what trouble I could get myself into.

1JpKUjq.jpg

Sparkling Water

I couldn’t decide what I wanted and made the silly decision to get the ‘small’ plate of the chef’s choice sushi. This was not a small plate for just one person to enjoy! It was a random selection of the various fish they had fresh this day along with the spicy tuna roll.

RfIKwQR.jpg

Chef’s Choice Sushi - Small Plate

As the Forbidden Lounge wasn’t very busy this late at night, I was entertained by the sushi chefs and getting to watch them build these crazy platters. They also talked about how when they first opened it was a madhouse but they finally have settled into the flow and gotten a lot of the kinks worked out.

vSFytpd.jpg

Watching Them Build $200 Seafood Platter

I felt bad I only put about half of a dent into the sushi platter but I wanted to make sure I had some room for Raglan Road.

Afterwards, I wandered around Disney Springs for a little bit but soon felt like I was hitting the wall - I attempted to check in early for my Raglan Road reservation and was told it would only be a few minutes. 25 minutes later I still wasn’t sat and I’m sure the thrill of that was evident on my face as I waited by the podium to be sat. Eventually a person of power noticed and I was quickly sat at a two top in the center of the restaurant.

As it was late and I really only wanted one main thing - I ordered an appetizer & a side dish for my meal. The ribs were super tender and quickly were eaten by me. I really liked the taste of the onion rings but after eating two - I was done - it was just too late in the evening to have that much grease for me! I felt bad wasting all of them because they were super tasty. My cocktail was an attempt to see if I could wake more more but it didn’t seem to help.

pp1wirH.jpg

UPAzuQG.jpg

Tk1sssm.jpg

It’s All For Sharing - Heaven on Earth - Baby Back Ribs Tossed in Guinness Glaze

Hj91JlY.jpg

Beer Batter Onion Rings

BzZEreS.jpg

Iced Irish - Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey, Butterscotch Schnapps & Baileys Caramel w/ Iced Coffee with Whipped Cream. It’s like Ireland’s answer to Starbucks!

I was in and out of the restaurant in 20 minutes once I was sat. I totally waited longer to be sat than I spent at the table. I liked my food and my server was super nice but it isn’t a must do for us.

I went shopping to pick up my husband some things as he said to buy him something Star Wars & Cheap so I got him a new water bottle and some Avenger Tsum Tsums and picked myself up a Christmas Stitch. I walked back to the hotel room and crashed into bed.​

When I ordered my Monkey,
I had to laugh out loud of this. Out of context, you order "my money" is hilarious to my 12 year old self :rotfl2:

I couldn’t decide what I wanted and made the silly decision to get the ‘small’ plate of the chef’s choice sushi. This was not a small plate for just one person to enjoy! It was a random selection of the various fish they had fresh this day along with the spicy tuna roll.

RfIKwQR.jpg
This is small!!!! Looks huge and delicious

25 minutes later I still wasn’t sat and I’m sure the thrill of that was evident on my face as I waited by the podium to be sat. Eventually a person of power noticed and I was quickly sat at a two top in the center of the restaurant.
We had the same trouble at Raglan with a long, long, long wait. Unfortunately despite my repeated attempts no person of power was anywhere near us

The ribs were super tender and quickly were eaten by me.
I'm dying to try these one of these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter