Why don't we do a little day drinking? - F&W 2015 - Update 12/11 Bonus EPCOT Night!

I hope you're enjoying Everclear right now!! Kudos to you for squeezing in a quickie solo trip. :worship: 'Batting the eyelashes' apparently worked wonders.

Loved the pics from Narcoossee's and HBD. I'll be at HBD for dinner the day after the Wine and Dine Half so no chicken alfredo for me, but it looks so tasty.

I'm super impressed with your constitution on F&W booth day. :worship: :drinking:

I can't believe how good that Mac & Cheese looks from the Florida booth. :faint:

I hope you're enjoying Everclear right now!! Kudos to you for squeezing in a quickie solo trip. :worship: 'Batting the eyelashes' apparently worked wonders.

Loved the pics from Narcoossee's and HBD. I'll be at HBD for dinner the day after the Wine and Dine Half so no chicken alfredo for me, but it looks so tasty.

I'm super impressed with your constitution on F&W booth day. :worship: :drinking:

I can't believe how good that Mac & Cheese looks from the Florida booth. :faint:

I was totally enjoying Everclear! I rock at "batting the eyelashes" - I actually even was rather cheap this trip in general! I think all included, I spent $600 between hotel, gas, alcohol, food, Christmas Stitch and 3 things for my husband. Overall not that bad considering about half of that was the hotel & gas!

HBD for dinner will be good too!

There are reasons we try to keep up the exercise during our trips as I don't even want to think about our weight gain if we didn't. We like to enjoy the booths! Being solo today at them meant a lot less got visited. That Mac & cheese was good but super rich - I actually passed on it today as I knew I would end up wasting a fair amount of it due to the heat at the time and how rich it is.

Hot and Chewy

I woke up at some ungodly hour and got ready to head to EPCOT for the taping of the Chew. They had a lot of guidelines in the emails they had sent about the clothes that would be ok to wear and I followed them; unlike some of the others that showed up.

YhX4LbT.jpg

As I wasn’t sure if the bus would be there with enough time to get there timely, I took a taxi over to EPCOT and got to explain to the driver how to actually get to EPCOT. Not sure if you should be a taxi driver at Disney if you don’t know how to get to a major theme park. My crazy earliness paid off and I was among the first in line. I killed my time playing on my phone and people watching as the various other taping guests arrived.

YlExUob.jpg

When checking in, my paperwork stated I had a ticket for myself plus 1 and they just gave me two one day EPCOT tickets despite being by myself and an armband to show I was with the show. Not sure if these one day tickets expire but we’ll find out next year when we use them sometime.

tdqj77v.jpg

The next 1.5 hours pretty much involved a lot of standing around and waiting and being shuffled from the front of the park to the World Showcase stage and waiting in a huge line out there.

kYbBdZe.jpg

gTwIUcR.jpg

It was almost 9AM when the taping was supposed to start when we were actually let into the seating area for the audience and got to wait around some more. We were given information by the production director and entertained by a B-rate Comedian until the taping actually started. The audience seating was in the direct sunlight as well. This got really hot. Eventually the taping started which they would do a segment and then break to get to the next one. It wasn’t really the most exciting time but it totally was something different to enjoy in the midst of my Disney trip. We got to see Mario cook italian, Carla cook Salmon w/ Hidden Valley Ranch and Michael Symon cook food from The Land. We were given a Hidden Valley Gift Bag which actually was rather helpful for carrying our stuff for the rest of the day once I met up with my husband. We didn’t get to taste anything as an audience at this showing. It also ran over the time it was supposed to and didn’t get done until almost 11AM but luckily my husband had bus delays so it didn’t matter much to us.

sOS3FpZ.jpg

P82Qf2K.jpg

234jLNy.png

Dis_Yoda in Selfie

48mN93b.jpg

Audience Giveaway

They had a lot of guidelines in the emails they had sent about the clothes that would be ok to wear and I followed them; unlike some of the others that showed up.
Dying to know what these guidelines were and even more what others wore ; )

Not sure if these one day tickets expire but we’ll find out next year when we use them sometime.
Wow, bonus if you can use them again.

We got to see Mario cook italian, Carla cook Salmon w/ Hidden Valley Ranch and Michael Symon cook food from The Land.
Love Mario and Michael, but had to laugh at Carla cooking with hidden valley ranch. Clearly from your swag there was a promotional arrangement, but ranch dressing and Mario Batali should not even be in the same sentence ; )

They had a lot of guidelines in the emails they had sent about the clothes that would be ok to wear and I followed them; unlike some of the others that showed up.

I'm pretty curious about this too lol. It sounds like something fun and different to do!!

Dying to know what these guidelines were and even more what others wore ; )
I'm pretty curious about this too lol. It sounds like something fun and different to do!!

Here is the quote from the email:
Dear Chew Audience Member,
We look forward to seeing you at "THE CHEW IN EPCOT!”

This is such an exciting event! We are happy to have you be a part of our audience. Please make sure that you check in at the MAIN ENTRANCE! We need to account for everyone and give you a wristband.

Please keep in mind the arrival times for the show you are attending.

10/7 9 AM show 7:30 AM arrival
12 PM show 10:30 AM arrival

10/8 9 AM show 7:30 AM arrival
12 PM show 10:30 AM arrival

10/9 9AM show 7:30 AM arrival

WHAT TO WEAR:Please dress to impress and be prepared to be photographed on camera!

Bright, solid andjewel-tonedcolors workbest oncamera!

**Avoid wearing white and light colors, as well as extremely busy patterns. Please do not wear clothing with identifiable logos or brand names.

Make sure ALL guests are aware of the dress code. Producers reserve the right to deny admittance and place guests in seats predominately off camera IF our Dress Code Guidelines are not followed!

There totally were people wearing some clothes that weren't dressed to impress at all. Another person had huge Underarmor Logo, some people were super nasty look with clothes I would never be seen in public as they were torn - you could tell where they got placed that they were put off camera. There were also people in just ratty t-shirts. I know that sounds snobbish but to me dress to impress means where what you would wear to an outdoor business gathering.

Wow, bonus if you can use them again.
Yeah! That was a super nice bonus that I wasn't expecting. If they expire, I'm ok with that as well as it wasn't something we had planned on anyway.

Love Mario and Michael, but had to laugh at Carla cooking with hidden valley ranch. Clearly from your swag there was a promotional arrangement, but ranch dressing and Mario Batali should not even be in the same sentence ; )

It was really much a promotional arrangement. I was glad I had the show I did as looking at the other DVR of the other shows from that week (I wanted to see what else people got), the other shows got either 1) Nothing, 2) A Bag of Soft Chew Caramels, or 3) Mylan's Disney Cooking Cookbook (the one we got at the What's Cooking presentation) so I definitely got one of the better ones as getting a new tote bag will always get some use in my house. The apron will be fine to ruin the next time I paint or do something super messy around the house.

Oh, I’m Detecting Nuttiness

As I left The Chew taping, I was texting my husband saying I was now leaving the showing. He told me he was still on the bus towards EPCOT & we agreed initially that we would meet at Club Cool as it is a nice cool spot.

As I hadn’t had any breakfast and had just sat out in the sun for hours, I wanted something to eat. I stopped by the Cheese Studio booth to get a favorite of mine! This time, I may have drank it in an internal spite against what happened on the first day of booth wandering earlier in the trip.

aYvsNZS.jpg

Cheese Fondue w/ Sourdough Bread

As I was heading to Club Cool, my husband texted again and said he was going to buy the artwork he wanted and I met him there. We ended up purchasing two prints - one for a friend’s baby shower (Winnie The Pooh) and Donald Duck as Boba Fett. The artist was signing them so we left the instructions to get the items signed and shipped back to the resort so we wouldn’t have to carry it all day. We stopped by Innovations and picked up our Annual Passholder Port Wine Glasses (thus where my Hidden Valley Tote came in handy!) We then headed back towards World Showcase to get some more booths tackled! Our first stop together was Wine Studio where we shared a thimble of wine. We really enjoyed this one!

Ee8wyVY.jpg

14 Hands Chardonnay

We headed to the Refreshment Port where my husband changed his mind on what he wanted as he figured we would have a decent amount of alcohol at our event a little later that afternoon. He decided on the croissant doughnut instead which he ate very quickly as it was buttery and flakey and super sweet.

GqvWT9w.jpg

Croissant Doughnut w/ Cinnamon & Sugar

Absolutely nothing appealed to me in Greece but I knew I had to get something for the Passport. Last year we had did a wine & didn’t like it. This year I went with the martini. I should have just done the wine because it is cheap as this martini pretty much went into the trash after two sips.

s31Rl1W.jpg

Tzatziki Martini featuring Crop Organic Cucumber Vodka & BOLS Natural Yoghurt Liqueur

We headed to Desserts & Champagne to try two different items. My champagne was nice although I wish I would have just gone for the Dom instead & bit that price bullet. My husband was in heaven with his Cream Soda Float & he usually isn’t a huge cream soda fan!

FBkidCC.jpg

Nicholas Feuillatte Rose

rW6Ojcf.jpg

Cream Soda Float w/ Caramel Ice Cream

Our next stop was Hawaii where I enjoyed the Tuna and my husband loved his beer. Both of these were the right choices for us!

vzZt37n.jpg

Tuna Poke w/ Seaweed Salad & Lotus Root Chips

fVmD7Rx.jpg

Kona Brewing Company, Big Wave Golden Ale

Typically in Scotland I go with some type of Scotch. As I knew we had the Craft Beer Tasting coming up, I went with a dessert. I really liked this and it was something outside of my normal box as I usually don’t go for oats.

x7xR2Bj.jpg

The Tipsy Laird: Whiskey-Soaked Cake with Lemon Cream & Toasted Oats

We figured we should probably stop eating at this point and continue on our quest to find all the Remy’s! We found Norway pretty easily once we actually looked for him.

pn8ojEf.jpg

Norway Remy!

In Africa, I wanted to get a repeat of the Brown Elephant but they weren’t serving yet sadly. This probably turned out to be a good thing!

EdHVsHW.jpg

African Remy!

At Brewer’s Collection my dehydration was really hitting me and while my husband was enjoying his beer, I had a Sparkling Lemon Water to try to get more water in me.

HxlMZBy.jpg

Norbertus Special Hefeweizen

We found that the Italy Remy was the hardest one to find! Super well hidden if you never go out onto their island.

RkZG3wR.jpg

Italian Remy

BY89wmm.jpg

Finished Map!

Our last booth for this day would be Japan where we liked the sushi but probably didn’t need it as we had no clue what we were about to get into with the Japanese Craft Beer Tasting

836NMSC.jpg

Tempura Shrimp Roll: Cut Inside Out Roll, w/ Cucumber Finished w/ Teriyaki Sauce

I love that almost every time I check into the Dis I get a new post from you! Okay on this one I have a question...why is your husband's cream soda float pink? The tuna (which I love) looks like watermelon and I LOVE the sushi in Japan. When we were there in May we actually had to go back and get a second one because we all loved it so much!

I love that almost every time I check into the Dis I get a new post from you! Okay on this one I have a question...why is your husband's cream soda float pink? The tuna (which I love) looks like watermelon and I LOVE the sushi in Japan. When we were there in May we actually had to go back and get a second one because we all loved it so much!

I don't like to drag my trip reports out as I find it so disappointing when you start following someone's report and it takes almost a year to get it done or never finished. I try to write a lot of updates at once in a Google Drive in a report called Trip Report Pre Write when I get some free time. This lets me post about an update a day or every other day depending on what else is going on so we can keep it moving! I actually have the next 4 updates written and have the photos in place for the one after that (so the rest of Wednesday & Thursday) I hope to keep up this pace of posting until I'm done and have this all wrapped up by the end of November/mid December with all the other trips as well! I don't want to forget too many details.

The cream soda float was pink because I'm pretty sure they are using the Cream Soda from Zimbabwe that they give out for free at Club Cool as it is the same color.

That tuna does look like watermelon but it totally had a tuna taste! Sushi is super yummy - I indulged on a lot of sushi this past weekend (my husband isn't the biggest sushi fan) and I think I'm good on sushi for like the next month. I will be going back for that soda float next weekend!

I'm amazed by the size of that cronut! And the cream soda float looks amazing. One more week and I'll be booth hopping too. :cloud9:

October Training Update

Here is October's Update!

YwrMVP1.png

Overall, I'm happy with it. With all the travel and work, I think I did really well as I was out of town 13 days of 31 days in October. Work was really draining this month as well.

October 2015 Miles Ran: 37.29 miles
Total 2015 Miles Ran: 242.32 miles​

This Seriously Was $40?

We were a little bit early for our check-in for the Japanese Craft Beer Tasting. This was a new event for 2015 - little was given with its description other than a chance to get to try some Japanese Craft Beers. We went in with no expectations other than that but we weren’t expecting much as it was a super low price point in comparison to many of the other special Food & Wine Offerings.

We were blown.......................... away with it!

It was open seating among the outdoor garden area of Japan so we took a seat at a 4-Top in the shade as I was feeling really hot still.

uWonZgC.jpg

As people were still arriving, we were given a Frozen Kirin until the event officially kicked off. This apparently was developed by Kirin to keep the beer cold for a while in the hot sun! The lightness of this beer worked well frozen and I liked it as it helped cool me down.

kQ9R8xd.jpg

Frozen Kirin

We had another married couple from Southwest Florida sit down at our table and it was great having someone to talk to that we had some stuff in common with so the conversation went smoothly! We all were really impressed with the menu.

ojZwAG0.jpg

Menu

To enjoy with our Frozen Kirin (which they refilled if you had made it disappeared) we were given a Dashi Cake. This was the exact same rice that we had the nice before at the Hibachi Experience. I made a joke to my husband that they probably make it with the rice from last night but kept in a cake type pan. Either way, we both were happy with it! The rice was just as good as it was the night before in its different form.

RfhefML.jpg

Dashi Rice Cake

They displayed all the beers at the front and we were given a history of Japanese Craft Beers by the Japan Beverage Manager along with a host from Kirin Beer Company. Apparently it is super difficult to locate Japanese Craft Beers in the states and they had to specially order in just enough for the events for some of the beers we would have so sadly they won’t be available outside of the event. We were given an overview of the craft beer movement in Japan and how it is really popular nowadays. They also wanted to use this event to expose us to what Japan considers to be pub food. With the amount of the beer that would be coming, I’m glad they were giving us food as we needed something to soak it up.

yCDMOFB.jpg

All The Beers

I’m going to honest - I don’t like IPAs. I was predispositioned against this drink before I even tried it. My predisposition stayed as it was too hoppy for me (but at least it wasn’t as hoppy as some of the US ones) The Spicy Edamame it was paired with a great way to start the meal as the spice mix was lovely.

da8GvE8.jpg

Oze No Yukidoke IPA

lR7N3We.jpg

Spicy Edamame

I’m really not the biggest Scallop fan but the beer (its the blue bottle on the top beer photo) was my favorite! The beer was very icy and was light and crisp. It also was one of the few beers you would be able to buy at the store in Japan. The Scallops were ok but would have been happier if they were shrimp.

Ginga Kogen

Pl20h6G.jpg

Fried Panko Scallops w/ Spicy Cod Sauce

The rice beer worked well with the salmon. It had a different flavor to it that I hadn’t had before nor could I describe it well.

FmqyhJb.jpg

Koshihikari Rice Beer

hVMgfD5.jpg

Salmon Temari Sushi

The stout was a good Japanese version of an English Stout, if that makes any sense. I didn’t like the sausage but my husband did and he stole mine so they didn’t go wasted!

DRbVaSN.jpg

Echigo Stout

x6C3Ss5.jpg

Grilled Kurobuta Smoked Sausage

This ginger ale was my 2nd favorite of the six ‘craft’ beers as it was light and the ginger was subdued just enough to get the flavor without it overpowering the beer. The chicken would have been better if it was warm - as all the dishes were served at once, it was cold either when originally served or cooled down while it was waiting on its match of a beer. I did like its flavor but we left about half of it behind as cold fried chicken just isn’t for us.

PpS8bj0.jpg

Kitachino Nest Ginger Ale

Y3oLbEz.jpg

Chicken Karaage

The final beer was a good finish. The seared beef was my favorite of the courses as it went down easily (and I totally stole my husband’s as he was too drunk to enjoy it)

Tamano Megumi

qK6H92r.jpg

Seared Beef Tataki

They didn’t hurry us out at the end of the event and let us sip whatever beers we had left and get refills on the Frozen Kirin if we wanted another. We continued for a bit chatting with our tablemates until we parted ways. I knew my husband was feeling all the beer as he almost left his cell phone at the table and had to run back for it!

Ev6MCTK.jpg

Mr. Dis_Yoda w/ another Frozen Kirin leaving event

This event was splendid! The value for our dollar was great in comparison to a lot of the various events we’ve done in the past as the beer was totally free flowing!​

Detoxing

If you’ve followed any of my other reports or heck, even this one, you should know my husband’s place in all of EPCOT. Despite having like 9 beers and 6 small helpings of food, he still wanted more. I was buzzed enough and still overheated that I wasn’t going to stop him & probably would go for it also.

My husband went with an ice cream sundae! It was very quickly gone. At least it was something different than his usual picks.

M6FYta0.jpg

Mickey Dying

DmiRbEx.jpg

Vanilla Ice Cream Sundae w/ Hot Caramel

I got a repeat of something I loved last spring as I found it to be very light. I really enjoyed this and it helped on my cooldown that still hadn’t occurred.

cZlYMXl.jpg

Lemon w/ Meringue Single Scoop In A Cone

We walked to the Beach Club so we could catch a bus to Disney Springs as we had planned on going to the afternoon showing of Everest at AMC24 when we decided against going to Yachtsman for dinner (I’m so glad we did that as it would have been a waste of a meal!)

I also spent $400 on artwork from Art of Disney before we went to the movie. I shouldn’t shop drunk but it was an awesome Stitch painting!

When getting to the movie, I used my Moviepass (an app I pay $35 a month for and can see movies in regular theaters every 24 hours) so my movie was free and we just had to pay my husband’s movie. What I was looking forward to was getting a huge Icee as I had hoped that would finally help cool my body down as I couldn’t seem to get rehydrated still from The Chew taping. Looking back, I may have had some acute sunstroke seeing how bad it was to feel cooled off despite lots of liquids until I had the huge Icee and stayed out of the sun for a few hours. Going to an early evening showing on a Wednesday Afternoon, meant the movie was pretty much empty. There were all of 6 other people in there with us. I really enjoyed this movie as did my husband! It also was great being in the AC for such a long time during the heat of the day.

0IjXCI3.jpg

Large Icee!

wmfhtCh.jpg

Empty Theatre!

My Icee totally worked and it lasted almost the whole movie! We didn’t eat any snacks as we were full.

Once we were through with the movie, I was actually a little hungry. My husband wasn’t though but he let me drag him to The Hanger so we could check it out and I could get a cocktail & something to snack on for ‘dinner’

9MPNB1c.jpg

The bar was really busy so we got a seat outside. It was nice out now as it was cooling off finally. I loved the theming of the menu and how the drinks were different from the usual Disney offerings.

k13mTCW.jpg

zzymgh6.jpg

T1JSFJl.jpg

hlwPbrU.jpg

54GF1fi.jpg

G9FGbEr.jpg

Reggie’s Revenge

For my ‘dinner’ I went with the Everything Pretzels with Beer Cheese & Housemade Mustard. I loved the servingware on this dish! It was such a cute plane!

infz05T.jpg

Everything Pretzels w/ Beer Cheese & Housemade Mustard

T4Dtr4E.jpg

Once done, we took the bus back to Animal Kingdom Lodge. We were dead asleep in bed shortly after.​

I am loving your report! I'm excited to read more about this trip and the wine and dine that you are on/about to leave on! We will be down for wine and dine week 2016!

LOL at your hubby's eyes half-closed pic. Feeling no pain, lol.

How was Reggie's Revenge? It looks so purdy.

I am loving your report! I'm excited to read more about this trip and the wine and dine that you are on/about to leave on! We will be down for wine and dine week 2016!

I'm glad you are loving my report! It's always great knowing many people are enjoying it :)

We are excited for Wine & Dine! We started packing tonight, although hopefully a couple items we bought arrive tomorrow so we can use those too. We haven't decided on Wine & Dine 2016 yet - depends on how much my husband enjoys the run this year!

LOL at your hubby's eyes half-closed pic. Feeling no pain, lol.

How was Reggie's Revenge? It looks so purdy.

He was feeling no pain! I finally posted all my October Trip Pictures last night on Facebook and that was one of my pictures I posted. He was laughing about it tonight at dinner saying he looked drunk & couldn't remember when we took that photo. When I told him, he was like, yup I was drunk.

Reggie's Revenge was good! They have so many purdy drinks there! I had two more during this past weekend as well!

Mercato Brew-Ha-Ha

On October 17th, I headed to the Mercato (a local shopping & entertainment plaza in Naples) to attend the 4th Annual Brew-Ha-Ha. This would be my 2nd time attending the event as I first attended it two years ago. I did this with my same coworker that I ran Glass Slipper with earlier this year as she is my beer drinking buddy around Naples when my husband is busy. We had a good evening here where we got to try a lot of different Florida breweries and even competed in the Stein Holding Competition where we both lasted over a minute and weren’t the first people out so we were happy!

fqG1tDV.jpg

e69DAxc.jpg

TEMD7Zm.jpg

Pet Pig!

K07hcG6.jpg

q7FMbSd.png

MuAmgSh.png

Cigar City Beer Dinner @ Roy’s Naples

On October 23rd, Roy’s hosted a beer dinner with Cigar City Breweries (Tampa, Fl) As my husband was working, I attended this event with the same friend I went to the Brew-Ha-Ha with! This was an excellent event and every course paired well with the beers.

8Cq9zHZ.jpg

AmIDH9H.jpg

Menu

1Brqo5U.jpg

Florida Cracker Belgian-Style White Ale

cxFx6po.jpg

Kabocha Squash Salad - Radicchio - Endive - Blue Cheese Crumbles - Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette

Oxk7GUo.jpg

Jai Lai India Pale Ale

h7zwIby.jpg

Seared Arctic Char - Chili Roasted Cauliflower - Swiss Chard - Honshimeji Mushrooms - Tarragon Beurre Blanc

Maduro Brown Ale

xRYklHY.jpg

Kona Rubbed Petit Filet - Smoked Brussel Sprout - Parsnip Puree - Bacon - Huckleberry Demi

rgqEafU.jpg
QPkVL4w.jpg
z7q7mkf.jpg

Making Small Batch Beers with Infusions

nYSTHio.jpg

Pumpkin Ale

nwmzFEc.jpg

Roasted White Chocolate Mousse - Candied Pecans - Gingerbread Sable

Going To The Movies

We woke up around 6:30AM and I dragged myself to the gym to get my 30 minute run in! My husband decided to sleep some more.

3K6Ji5b.jpg

Woot!

Back in the room, we watched some Boy Meets World as we got ready before heading to Hollywood Studios for the morning. We planned on getting some other attractions done along with a repeat of two favorites.

CoM6TcP.jpg

We arrived at Hollywood Studios around 8:40AM and they were letting people in the park. As we already had FP+ for Toy Story, we headed to the Great Movie Ride where they weren’t quite letting people in so I took it as a time to look through all the hand/footprints as I rarely take the time to explore the area. I’m going to probably annoy all you readers with the sheer amount of these photos:

nWrG0KK.jpg

z1F7vAl.jpg

jcHJw1x.jpg

4IwemAu.jpg

t3URjM9.jpg

YqcvB82.jpg

z59tTr5.jpg

c5anHr1.jpg

XiFkvA5.jpg

W7LK922.jpg

HbZViGg.jpg

The one thing that made me sad was that it seems they haven’t really added anyone there in years. I wish they did!

Once I was done with my wandering, they were letting us into the line cue and we were soon on our way into the movies!

BjRSa4i.jpg

lZwqVoZ.jpg

VkBVpB6.jpg

c5VE6qf.jpg

Horrible Attempt At Getting Mickey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter