Why don't we do a little day drinking? - F&W 2015 - Update 12/11 Bonus EPCOT Night!

Not sure how I've missed your report until now, but I'm here and all caught up. You totally have me drooling after Jiko, morimoto, and narcoossees. And Seriously in awe of all the damage you did at food and wine. You all have some serious skills!!!!!!!

That looks like a great meal! You must have eaten rather early to see the CBS Monday night shows and now I'm curious as to which ones you watch! We only watch on the DVR, and we're watching some right now, but we're weeks behind, and we actually like it that way because we can see the next one when there is cliffhanger!

It was a great meal! Our meal was at 6:00PM so around the same time we usually do dinner. My husband and I watch Big Bang Theory & Life in Pieces. I watch Scorpion but as the room has 1 tv, he just played on his computer at that time as I was watching it! We usually watch shows at home off the DVR as well, especially to skip the commercials and we have some conflicting shows at the same time (we also have 2 DVRs - one for the main room and one for the bedroom although that one is more for 'my' tv shows that I know Shaun won't watch since he falls asleep if we try to watch tv in bed. That is my usual Saturday/Sunday Early Morning 'thing' before I go to the gym to cuddle the dogs and watch tv in bed. I hate cliffhangers too!

Not sure how I've missed your report until now, but I'm here and all caught up. You totally have me drooling after Jiko, morimoto, and narcoossees. And Seriously in awe of all the damage you did at food and wine. You all have some serious skills!!!!!!!

Welcome! There is still a lot to go in this report too especially since I'm less than 2 weeks away from my next trip (or maybe 5 days if I can bat my eyes enough to have a solo trip this weekend) We had such a good food trip this time around! If you are in awe of my skills now, just wait for my skills for the 6th between our lunch at the booths + Hibachi Experience. When preplanning my report this morning- its totally going to be about 6 updates for that one day. I need to hop over to your new report!

A Little? Day Drinking - Part 1

We woke up around 7AM this morning and goofed around (looking back, I really spent too much time looking at work emails everyone morning) We decided to head to the gym around 8AM. Boy, that was a mistake! It was so crowded in there at that time especially due to the annual IT conference going on. All the bikes were taken and every treadmill but 1 was. My husband took the treadmill. I did a weight training circuit until a bike opened up as it was left by someone who did the Gross Jerk thing of not wiping down the equipment upon leaving it. Cleaning up after the jerk, I was on the bike for about 30 minutes until calling it a day. We went back up to the room and got cleaned up. We didn't head downstairs to the buses until around 10:15AM when we were going to head to EPCOT.

As we arrived before the time the booths opened, we first headed to Club Cool to get some free soda.

7Tg5B7r.jpg

Melon Fanta - Not A Good A China Watermelon but still tasty

We then did some shopping at the booth down the main causeway. Stitch is my favorite Disney Character so I had to buy his recipe card!

Jwpuaj9.jpg

My husband laughed at the cranberry bog as it is so not a real one (he grew up in the midst of cranberry land in Mass)

KxbCzaB.jpg

They were getting the stage set up for The Chew and there were many production people running around.

qWWgBJ0.jpg

We got in line at Farm Fresh as we knew they would be opening shortly as it was nearing 11AM.

We loved the Mac n' Cheese but we were careful to not overeat it as we knew we were wanting to eat more and more of the festival soon! We loved the bacon throughout the Mac n' Cheese. The cider had 3 winners and 1 loser for us. We ended up throwing out the Pumpkin one as it was just nasty to us. My favorite was the Elderberry one! Shaun really liked the Raspberry one.

1uDxvxT.jpg

Loaded Mac n' Cheese w/ Nueske's Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers & Green Onions

jAufMCA.jpg

Cider Flight - Wyder's Dry Pear, Two Henrys Elderberry, ACE Hard Pumpkin, Woodchuck Raspberry

Our next booth was Patagonia where we skipped the food and went just for a sparkling wine. It was a nice brut.

SrXROdD.jpg

Undurrage Sparking Wine Brut

Next was New Zealand where we went with a wine that wasn't Kim Crawford since we had that wine dinner for her winery coming up two days later.

wCKmBnH.jpg

Brancott Estate Flight Song Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc

We visited the neighboring country of Australia to have some nice shrimp. I ate this on my own as my husband wasn't feeling eating shrimp when we knew we would be drinking more and more. I was slightly disappointed that it wasn't really spicy but the shrimp was well cooked!

L8Sow4X.jpg

Grilled Sweet & Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp w/ Pineapple, Peppers, Onions and Snap Peas

While I was eating this dish, my husband was to walk to Mexico to get one dish, imagine my surpass when he came back with a tequila flight in addition to the food! My husband doesn't drink tequila so I knew he was trying to get me buzzed ;) We had decided on the Chilaquilas as I had the Tacos de Camaron Friday Night for dinner and we figured this would be good. It wasn't. It was really mushy and just one note to its flavor. The tequila was alright but I haven't a clue what brand it was.

yQxoutV.jpg

Chilaquilas de pool: Corn Chips Layered with Seasoned Chicken, Queso Fresco, Sour Cream & Cilantro and a Tequila Flight.

MiwBRTU.jpg
T33POmr.jpg
z6VZ5gS.jpg

Tequila Shots @ 11:30AM

We then headed into the Odyssey Center for Craft Beers where we decided to get the two flights + the Craft Beer Snack Mix. All of the breweries used this year were familiar to us as they are big players in the Florida Craft Beer market so our local haunts have them often + the beer festivals have them as well. Glad they went with more craft beers this year than last year's craft beer booth!

Of the first craft beer flight, our favorites were the Honey Cream Ale and the Blueberry Vanilla. We weren't huge fans of the Grateful Pumpkin and most of that was thrown away.

yitdIeW.jpg

Florida Harvest: Brew Hub Keybilly Island Ale, Two Henrys Blueberry Vanilla American Wheat Ale, Orlando Brewing Grateful Pumpkin, Swamp Head Wild Night Honey Cream Ale

Of the second flight, my husband and I were split on this one. I really loved the Espresso Porter and the Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout. My husband was all over the Beach Blonde Ale.

0Itp7kb.jpg

Craft Beer Loves: 3 Daughts, St Pete Beach Blonde Ale, Florida Beer Company Passport 20 Belgian Sytle Tripel Ale, Funky Buddha Espresso Porter, Shipyard Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout

The Snack Mix was exactly what we needed to have while enjoying this beers. It made sure we had some more food items in our stomachs.

X0p6hK2.jpg

Craft Beer Snack Mix: Sweet & Savory Blend of Nuts, Fruits & Crackers

At this point, it was little after noon. In a little over an hour, we've had 3 Flights of Beer/Cider, 2 wines and a tequila flight all with very little food. We weren't feeling much pain. Would we drink more or would we give ourselves a break and fill our stomachs?​

A Little? Day Drinking - Part 2

My husband and I weren't feeling much pain but still were reasonably behaved. We still had more booths to cover! The next in our line up was China where both of us made a savory selection in order to soak up some of the alcohol in our system. I was really happy with my Roasted Duck Steam Bun - much better than the Steamed Bun from the Flower & Garden Festival. My husband had the potstickers and he was happy with them as well.

RQFeuQe.jpg

Beijing Roasted Duck in Steamed Bun with Hoisin Sauce

N8ui5sL.jpg

Chicken Pot Stickers

As we continued around the World Showcase, our next stop was South Korea where we had probably our least edible selection of the booths. The short rib was so very tough that it was impossible to truly eat the meat. We both tried and when we finally were able to take a bite - the flavor was really lacking. I admit we are a bit spoiled when it comes to Korean BBQ as I make some awesome Korean BBQ Beef at home about once a month that puts most people's to shame.

VFLNUd3.jpg

Korean Barbecue Short Rib with Steamed Rice and Cucumber Kimchi

Needing to get that nasty taste out of our mouths, we stopped at the Refreshment Port to get one of the options for the Festival there. The Brown Elephant is Frozen Coke with Amarula Liqueor. I really liked it but I'm a huge Amarula fan!

yeINE7c.jpg

Brown Elephant

We were off to the Germany area where my husband and I split off for our next selections. I went inside Karamell-Kuche to select an item. I went with an old standby that always has made me happy!

ZLTxZax.jpg

Chocolate Caramel Covered Marshmallow

My husband went to Poland where we went with an option he enjoyed a couple years ago (especially since last year's Hungarian Wine was blech!) He really enjoyed this as it was gone very quickly!

cGeJHXW.jpg

Kielbasa and Potato Pierogi w/ Caramelized Onions & Sour Cream

We had a bathroom pit stop and looked at the trains for a little bit where they were having their own festival at the time!

vpoJIjm.jpg

hkImaBm.jpg

Afterwards, I headed to the American Adventure Coffee Cart to have their only option for the festival. It was super refreshing as the heat was starting to pick up this day! They asked me if I wanted a single or a double - I was reasonable and said single as there could be more drinking going on and I already had a decent amount so far this day!

RA2kwFX.jpg

Frozen Strawberry-Lemon Sunset: Frozen Strawberry & Lemon topped with Grey Goose Vodka.

While I enjoyed my frozen cocktail, my husband went to Fife & Drum to select on of their options.

ocUbr4f.jpg

Mmmhops Pale Ale

He thought this was only ok. We aren't huge pale ale fans but this one wasn't as bitter as some of them can be. I may have been singing Mmmbop to him at this point to which he allowed. While sitting in the shade, we had a squirrel beggar that we didn't indulge.

15jeL8I.jpg

Our next selection was Hops & Barley for my husband to have dessert.

43rmRXy.jpg

Fresh Baked Carrot Cake w/ Craisins & Cream Cheese Icing

I went to have another pit stop and in the short time it took me to do that, it was gone. I think that means he liked it (other than picking around the Craisins)

We got another cocktail at Block & Hans where I had a glass of bubbly! It tasted nice from what I remember.

WfrUHxq.jpg

Champagne Enchantee Brut

As we continued around the World Showcase, we ran into a Run Disney friend (Hi @tankgirl427 !) that I first met earlier this year at Disneyland during Star Wars Half Marathon. She was there with her boyfriend (his first trip in years!) and we had a nice long chat in front of the Morocco Booth as we talked about Disney, Running and such.

zllrJLk.jpg

And as a perfect end to our gluttonous lunch, we went to my husband's favorite place in all of EPCOT, L'Artisan Des Glaces for our 2nd trip here so far this time around. I had a new Macaron flavor that I hadn't had before. It was just tart enough! My husband went with his 'usual' with a scoop of Mint Chocolate Chip which he loves from there!

JRuJLKx.jpg

te4T9Fy.jpg

jsZwmpM.jpg

Scoop of Mint Chocolate Chip

4xEZJmI.jpg

Peaches & Cream Macaron

An Afternoon Break From Food & Wine

As we had finished the Food & Wine Booths for the day, we headed towards Future World to enjoy some attractions and explore the Festival Center before heading back over to Japan for our Hibachi Experience later that afternoon.

I used a Tier 1 FP+ for Living On The Land mainly because we had already done Test Track & Soarin this trip. I was glad we did as the wait was 40 minutes!

mHjBMHL.jpg

pzgBtKD.jpg

The wait for Figment stated it was 15 minutes but that was a lie as there was zero wait inside.

3J6ymjA.jpg

NQ684uA.jpg

HqmRyBY.jpg

The ride broke down though at the final scene where we got to wait about 15 minutes for it to be restarted. That must have been the reason for the wait outside ;)

lYibBOF.jpg

Then it was off for Spaceship Earth to see the most unrealistic computer lab clothes.

w8U9PLt.jpg

If I Wore This, My Boss Would Probably Send Me To HR

cQF2Fzw.jpg

xA8tDIr.jpg

We learned all about our future and headed over to the Festival Center to look at the awesome Chocolate Artwork Displays without the massive crowds of people that were there on Friday

jpjwdJ8.jpg

Free Chocolate!

Umlruzw.jpg

xBGfmLO.jpg

RsQ4x3l.jpg

ee3tq0U.jpg

D8l1ZKg.jpg

IRakG58.jpg

h0h0S42.jpg

Finished with the festival center, we debated on how to kill some time before it was time to check in for our Food & Wine Festival special event...​

I Spy A Rat!

We stopped by to get our Day 2 stamp in Innovations and then started walking towards Japan. We decided to look for Remy on our way over to take some photos of it (and actually complete our map back in the room later this evening)

yDB5vkX.jpg

Canadian Remy!

BT5Ie6H.jpg

English Remy!

Pux83tD.jpg

French Remy!

VtNTe5t.jpg

American Remy!

KUZzfVT.jpg

Japanese Remy!

hSUlq1L.jpg

Moroccan Remy!

And with that, it was finally time to head to Teppan Edo & check in for the Hibachi Experience.​

Trip Updates!

A couple things to update. We are 8 days away from the Wine & Dine Trip!

We received my husband's $15 gift card earlier this week.

UyJt3ya.jpg

vyd8xlh.jpg

And the major update is - I'm actually going back to WDW in 2 days as of an hour.

Ut6OzWr.png

The Plan!

October 30th
6:00AM - Work (technically its my day off but its the end of the month & I don't want anything said about not being a team player)
11:00AM - Leave Work
2:00PM - Arrive @ Hotel to Check In
3:00PM - Drive to Hollywood Studios
2:55PM to 3:55PM - Toy Story Mania FP+
3:55PM to 4:55PM - Tower of Terror FP+
4:55PM to 5:55PM - Star Tours FP+

6:00PM - Head back to Hotel
7:00PM - Walk Over To Disney Springs
9:15PM - Raglan Road ADR
10:30PM - Walk Back To Hotel

October 31st
7:00AM - Wake Up!
7:15AM - Start 8 Mile Run
9:15AM - Finish 8 Mile Run & Clean Up
10:00AM - Drive to EPCOT (yes, I know parking will be a hot mess)
11:00AM - Enjoy Booths Around World Showcase Revisiting Favorites
1:00PM - Leave World Showcase & Enjoy Future World
2:25PM to 3:25PM- Turtle Talk FP+
4:05PM to 5:05PM - Spaceship Earth FP+
5:15PM - Fastpass+ For Eat To The Beat

6:30PM - Tokyo Dining ADR
8:00PM - 2nd Everclear Eat To Beat Concert
9:00PM - Head To Hotel

November 1st

6:00AM - Wake Up & Drive Home
10:00AM - Yoga Class
11:45AM - Eyebrow Appointment

Last edited:
You two really know how to do food and wine right. I'm not sure I could keep up, but it would sure be fun trying ; )

Yeah for a trip in 2 days and another 8 days after that!!!!!!!!!!!!! So jealous you get to food and wine 2 more times.

You two really know how to do food and wine right. I'm not sure I could keep up, but it would sure be fun trying ; )

Yeah for a trip in 2 days and another 8 days after that!!!!!!!!!!!!! So jealous you get to food and wine 2 more times.

We do love our Food & Wine times! I bet you could keep up ;) With the food, we definitely split and if we don't like it, we have zero problem throwing most of it out (which happened to a few of the dishes) Luckily the samples are small for the drinks as well for the most part which also helps.

I'm excited my husband was ok with me going this weekend. He just had two rules - the most expensive charge had to be my room and I can't sign up for another special Food & Wine event. Both of those I'm cool with as I really just want to see Everclear play (which I'm doing twice) Disney Hotels has zero rooms available at the values so I had to go offsite but luckily one of the Hilton Brand hotels had something reasonable at $119 a night and its across the street from DTD so I'm good. We'll be most indulgent next weekend.

An Intimate Japanese Experience - Part 1

We headed upstairs in the Japan Pavilion to check in for the Hibachi Experience about 20 minutes before the time the event was to start officially. We were super looking forward to this as this event only allows 14 guests to join in on this multiple course meal. (Although, one party brought an extra guest to the event and kinda forced the restaurant to accommodate them as they were ‘special’) We were happy we were able to get our seats for this event this year as when we first tried a few years ago, it was sold out!

We were brought to a table inside Tokyo Dining where they had trays set up for us to snack on along with a Kirin.

idnyv9s.jpg

Lotus Roots, Purple Potatoes, and Sweet Potatoes

vR8z28H.jpg

Kirin

We were officially welcomed by all the management team and were able to enjoy the various trips (I loved the Lotus Root the most and my husband really liked the Sweet Potato ones) They totally made us feel like this was the all star event.

We were lead back to the back private rooms of Teppan Edo once they were ready for us. They had assigned seats for everyone as it was already set with menus personalized for us.

xIPWI4L.jpg

Table Setting

3wRNVxn.jpg

Menu Front

FiWKB9g.jpg

Menu Inside

Once inside the private room, we were once again greeted by members of their management team. The main manager didn’t speak the best english and had note cards for what he was trying to say and eventually had us toast with the Sparkling Sake to officially start our evening!

UjBChYi.jpg

Manager Speaking

5eovKNE.jpg

Sparkling Sake - Hana Awaka

The chefs came out to start making our first course which would be served in the most adorable soup dishes I’ve ever seen.

W5dFWbl.jpg

Getting Started

The sea urchin was wonderful! The egg custard; however, was not to our liking. I believe it was really similar to the dish I was served in late August at Roy’s for the 2nd course with it being a savory egg custard flavored with soy sauce, dashi, mirin and a few other things. This version did taste better than Roy’s but still wasn’t for us. Both my husband and I ate all the meat from the dish and left most of the egg custard behind.

Ur4R5qV.jpg
Wd9NwWA.jpg

Seafood Egg Custard - Sea Urchin, Crab, Gingko Nut, Namafu and Mitsuba

After our first course, we were given an interactive drink! We were told to juice the grapefruit and then we would pour how much of the juice we wanted into the sake cocktail to make the blend as we wanted. We also were given a 2nd one if we enjoyed our first glass too quickly to make it through all 3 of the next courses. I totally got a 2nd one. My husband didn’t.

hpWVWdg.jpg

PkwaBXX.jpg

PuYb4xt.jpg

Takara Shochu with Grapefruit Squeeze

Our chef began cooking the next course.
3unhkPW.jpg

The salmon tasted so fresh that even my husband who isn’t a huge salmon fan ate all of it! The vegetables also worked nicely with the fish.

lyhqYme.jpg

Marinated Shio-Jime Salmon & Salmon Roe w/ Japanese Vegetable

As we finished that course, the chef started preparing our next dish. The Sea Bass was my absolute favorite of the 3 ‘starter’ courses. The Miso Sauce had a nice umami hint to it and the fish was so flakey and absorbed that sauce so well.

ikZBIgu.jpg

ujov1jd.jpg

Peruvian Sea Bass Saikyo Miso Sauce w/ Heirloom Tomatoes

I was nervous when I first saw this course on the menu and of all dishes, this is what I thought I would like the least as every time I’ve had eel previously I wasn’t a fan. Turns out, if I remove the skin from the eel, I really enjoy it! My husband agreed. The dashi had a nice savory sour to it.

d3TscZE.jpg

4kzCNGp.jpg

dkC6Mnc.jpg

Shirayaki Eel & Sansho Pepper, Dashi Rice

D9qXq8k.jpg
biuwWJo.jpg

Junmai Ginjo Kurosawa Saki

We were poured the Sake into a nice sturdy glass and the chef started on the chicken course. My husband and I both loved this dish! It wasn’t overly spicy either.

hOUm5ZA.jpg

jlsnBmm.jpg

Jidori Chicken - Sauteed Shiitake Mushroom & Asparagus w/ Spicy Yuzu Pepper

And it was time for a ‘breather’ and the hibachi chefs were given a break as we were served a frozen cocktail to cleanse our palate before the main courses. (Not like 5 courses wasn’t already enough food for a meal)

06URhUW.jpg

Yuzu Plum Wine Freeze

An Intimate Japanese Experience - Part 2

When they returned, they surprised us with making a cheddar cheese fondue right on the hibachi grill! This course really was awesome. I normally don’t pick lobster to eat when we are out as I rather just eat shrimp to be honest but you pour cheese fondue all over it and I guarantee you I will eat the Lobster anytime! The apples and pumpkins also were really paired well with the dish.

7lhbze4.jpg

Ty0OfZ9.jpg

NIOB0og.jpg

lMlRiVz.jpg

ZUQ6TEo.jpg

Magic!

e7ZKXEM.jpg

Cold Water Lobster Tail - Cheese Sauce with Fuji Apple & Pumpkin

The pairing for the Lobster Tail was the weakest of all the beverages. The Japanese White Wine was only ok but I know Japan isn’t really known for their wines and everything else was nice that we can let one slide ;)

b7k4ocA.jpg

Koshu Mercian Chateau White Wine

As the chef cleared for the next course, we were shown truly fresh wasabi that was grated onto a tradition Japanese tool (not that dyed stuff you usually get everywhere) We were told to feel it to see how it tastes/feels.

0ir2NP1.jpg

1fnD6su.jpg

The True Star Of The Evening!

1lE3DdL.jpg

gHYNxMl.jpg

YBnhBO3.jpg

The sirloin was amazing! There is no other way to describe it other than it's a flavor melt in your mouth experience. The tiny bit of wasabi was just enough to balance the overall dish. We were given a dashi foam to put our steak in but I didn’t try it as I was happy enough with the steak flavor. The chef also fried up the fat from the steak and crisped it up like you would bacon and gave that to us and it was well, something I can’t really say on a Disney Board but just imagine it was a Harry Mets Sally moment. In our going away gifts we were given the paperwork for the beef showing it was certified and from Japan along with the chopsticks & chopsticks rest stand (and the cute gold origami at the table when we were first sat)

iKXGPfM.jpg

Grilled A5 Wagyu Sirloin - Awa Shoyu & Nama Wasabi

RA6QhDl.jpg

Daiginjo Ozeki Platinum

v7D3gSP.jpg

Chef Getting Ready for Final Course

RTJNidv.jpg

evZneMe.jpg

HWqaOZK.jpg

The dessert was a perfect ending to this meal. It was super light, even the tempura fried mochi. The fruit was extremely fresh and the flambeed berry compote was really nice. The Peach Jerry Sake was actually a jellied sake. It was fizzy and jelly like at the same time. I really loved it but it was a texture overload at first as you weren’t expecting it.

eorrKl6.jpg

Tempura Daifuku Mochi & Seasonal Fruits w/ Berry Compote
Ozeki - Ikezo Peach Jerry Sake

nFww5W0.jpg

Manager Saying Goodbye

SmLfyNS.jpg

Presents

My husband still talks about this event as it was one of his favorite pairing dinners he’s ever attended. He loved how entertaining it was and interactive and the 3 hours we were there, just flew by! We both got to try some new items, some we loved, some we didn’t but that was ok as there was so much food that it wasn’t like we were going hungry.

If we end up going back for a full week next year, we will totally try to get this again!​

What an amazing night! My husband would totally love this type of event. Such a shame that it is so small - making it difficult to get in, but at the same time its so interactive which is why it must remain small! We are hoping to attend our first F&W in 2017 on our way to DCL. Can't wait to hear more!

Wow that looked like an amazing dinner! I am not a fan of eel....both the skin and the little bones in it. I love sushi but steer clear of eel! That steak and lobster looked amazing!

We do love our Food & Wine times! I bet you could keep up ;) With the food, we definitely split and if we don't like it,
I'm with ya on the food, but since I went on the north side of 40 all the drink mixing and matching would put me under the table

Disney Hotels has zero rooms available at the values so I had to go offsite but luckily one of the Hilton Brand hotels had something reasonable at $119 a night and its across the street from DTD so I'm good. We'll be most indulgent next weekend.
Can't wait to see how this works out. I'm always so hesitant to stay offsite.

We were brought to a table inside Tokyo Dining where they had trays set up for us to snack on along with a Kirin.
Chips and beer, I'm liking where this is going

The sea urchin was wonderful! The egg custard; however, was not to our liking. I believe it was really similar to the dish I was served in late August at Roy’s for the 2nd course with it being a savory egg custard flavored with soy sauce, dashi, mirin and a few other things. This version did taste better than Roy’s but still wasn’t for us. Both my husband and I ate all the meat from the dish and left most of the egg custard behind.

Ur4R5qV.jpg
First, this is the most awesome soup container ever. If only the japanese store carried these. But second this looks and sounds amazing. I love egg custard and urchin so I would have been in heaven.

I was nervous when I first saw this course on the menu and of all dishes, this is what I thought I would like the least as every time I’ve had eel previously I wasn’t a fan. Turns out, if I remove the skin from the eel, I really enjoy it! My husband agreed. The dashi had a nice savory sour to it.
Was the fried rice good? I'm not a fan of the teppan edo rice but this appears to be different.

And it was time for a ‘breather’ and the hibachi chefs were given a break as we were served a frozen cocktail to cleanse our palate before the main courses. (Not like 5 courses wasn’t already enough food for a meal)
Seriously, there is more????? I'm in heaven

e7ZKXEM.jpg

Cold Water Lobster Tail - Cheese Sauce with Fuji Apple & Pumpki
This looks good but lobster and cheese sounds like an odd combo.

The sirloin was amazing! There is no other way to describe it other than it's a flavor melt in your mouth experience.
Wow this looks delicious. Was it Kobe beef? I've never seen more perfect marbling on a steak.

My husband still talks about this event as it was one of his favorite pairing dinners he’s ever attended. He loved how entertaining it was and interactive and the 3 hours we were there, just flew by! We both got to try some new items, some we loved, some we didn’t but that was ok as there was so much food that it wasn’t like we were going hungry.
This truly looks amazing. It's my favorite too and I wasn't even there ; )

What an amazing night! My husband would totally love this type of event. Such a shame that it is so small - making it difficult to get in, but at the same time its so interactive which is why it must remain small! We are hoping to attend our first F&W in 2017 on our way to DCL. Can't wait to hear more!

With the size of the private rooms, I don't think it would ever be able to be more than 14 guests. Each Food & Wine Season they use the same menu for all 6 times they do the event so if you are lucky and there for at least two Tuesdays, at least you get multiple shots of trying to get it!

Wow that looked like an amazing dinner! I am not a fan of eel....both the skin and the little bones in it. I love sushi but steer clear of eel! That steak and lobster looked amazing!

It really was an amazing dinner! Eel minus the skin was really good - I didn't feel any bones so they must have prepared it really well!

I'm with ya on the food, but since I went on the north side of 40 all the drink mixing and matching would put me under the table
I get that. I'm lucky the samples are small so the mixing and matching doesn't hit to me too much if I have enough food (which obviously we did) - lack of food makes that a disaster to me. I'm sure once I turn 30 next year, my stomach won't be a nice to me sometime soon.

Can't wait to see how this works out. I'm always so hesitant to stay offsite.
I'm not sure about offsite either. None of the values had any rooms available and the only room available for two nights were Coronado Springs at $225+ or Swalphin at $300+ which went over what my husband said was in my spending limit for hotels. At least I'm at the hotel across the street from Disney Springs so that should be fine - I didn't want to totally leave the Disney bubble although I could have gotten Hilton Garden Inn for like $79 a night if I was ok being most out of the bubble.

Chips and beer, I'm liking where this is going
It was a great start! The flavorings on the chips were so good - even my sweet potato hating husband really like those chips!

First, this is the most awesome soup container ever. If only the japanese store carried these. But second this looks and sounds amazing. I love egg custard and urchin so I would have been in heaven.
When I'm there on Saturday, I'm totally seeing if they do have it somewhere among the bowls - I've never really looked for them so you never know what I may have missed. If you love egg custard, you would have loved this!

Was the fried rice good? I'm not a fan of the teppan edo rice but this appears to be different.
This was much different than the Teppan Edo Rice. It has a umami flair to it as the flavorings were on the sour/savory side. I liked it.

Seriously, there is more????? I'm in heaven
Yup! So much food!

This looks good but lobster and cheese sounds like an odd combo.
When I first saw on the menu they were putting cheese on lobster, my husband and I made a comment that it sounded like it was going to break every rule we knew. We both were pleasantly surprised at how well it went together and how awesome it tasted. I'm a huge cheese fan and never thought about putting those two together.

Wow this looks delicious. Was it Kobe beef? I've never seen more perfect marbling on a steak.
Yes, it was one of the highest grades of Kobe you can get. (All Wagyu is Kobe but not all Kobe is Wagyu) It was from Japan (they even gave us the certificate of the meat's grade and quality)

http://www.buedelmeatup.com/2012/12/04/the-difference-between-kobe-and-wagyu-beef/

To be authentic certified Japanese Kobe Beef the following criteria need to be met:
Breed of cattle is pure lineage Tajima (Tajima-Gyu), between 28-60 months of age, born, raised and slaughtered in the Hyogo Prefecture of Japan.
  • Certified as having a yield score of A or B.
  • Japanese Meat Grading Association quality score of 4 or 5.
  • BMS score of 6 or higher on the Tajima-Gyu marble grading scale of 1-12.
  • Has the “Japanese Chrysanthemum” seal officially certifying it as Kobe Beef.

This certification process is so strict that when the beef is sold in stores and restaurants, it must carry a 10-digit number to identify the origination of the Tajima-Gyu cow

This truly looks amazing. It's my favorite too and I wasn't even there ; )

I'm glad you enjoyed it through the pictures! I think I'm also the first really full review with pictures of this on the Dis so hopefully more people will get to learn how awesome it truly is!

Seriously, your trip report is great!!

That Hibachi dinner looks AH-MAY-ZING!! Thank you so much for letting us live vicariously through you!

I'm with you on eel; I don't like the skin at all.

You're going to Disney today!! Have fun! I've been trying to talk my hubby into stopping by the Hanson concert when we're there, but so far...no dice!

Seriously, your trip report is great!!

That Hibachi dinner looks AH-MAY-ZING!! Thank you so much for letting us live vicariously through you!

I'm with you on eel; I don't like the skin at all.

You're going to Disney today!! Have fun! I've been trying to talk my hubby into stopping by the Hanson concert when we're there, but so far...no dice!

I'm glad you are enjoying my trip report! I did go to Disney today! Didn't get to leave work at the time I wanted to this morning but I got here in decent time! For my first time truly 'off-site' (Swan/Dolphin doesn't count), it isn't bad - pretty much a business hotel which is fine with me!

Hope you convince your husband to do Hanson! I wish they played on a weekend so I could stalk them then! Everclear and Hanson were my two favorite bands from High School

I Spy A Rat - Part 2

Leaving Teppan Edo, very full and happy, we started walking towards the front of EPCOT. I was in a great mood and tried to stop to watch some of Smash Mouth but my husband wasn’t having it.

gP2FdMy.jpg

Might As Well Be Walking On The Sun

We weren’t heavily searching for Remy but if it easily popped out for us we took the picture as we were heading back out to the buses to get to the hotel.

arqzpfR.jpg

German Remy!
TkUSpQO.jpg

Chinese Remy!

YY8bjmH.jpg

Mexican Remy!

We got on the bus back to Animal Kingdom Lodge and settled in for the evening watching The Muppets, Fresh Off The Boat (not a normal show for us but nothing else interested us) and Agents of Shield before bed! We also decided to change our plans for Wednesday and I cancelled Yachtsman as we decided we would head to Disney Springs after our Japanese Craft Beer Tasting instead and just see where the evening took us. My husband also decided he wasn’t going to join me for the Chew Taping and would just meet me at EPCOT around the time it should be over with.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter