Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

Love the pics of the Disney memories; the cupcake is making me too hungry; Tom's sister needs to get on board and sell the dang house; make some planning happen; hope your job #2 is going okay.

Between GOTG going to happen at DL; and Pandora going to happen at WDW; I need to dwell. Those are 2 very good carrots to put before DH. I am getting a little irked by all of the extras that WDW is starting to charge for now. "Up-sells". EMH is now being assessed a charge? This and that and whatever they can think of to make us empty our pockets even more.

Have a good weekend; stay warm.

Love the pics of the Disney memories; the cupcake is making me too hungry; Tom's sister needs to get on board and sell the dang house; make some planning happen; hope your job #2 is going okay.

Thanks! Disney memories are what keeps us going back!!!
I have yet to have a cupcake that can top a Disney starring rolls cupcake.. I will not stop looking!! HA HA!
Tom is going to talk to a lawyer.

Between GOTG going to happen at DL; and Pandora going to happen at WDW; I need to dwell. Those are 2 very good carrots to put before DH. I am getting a little irked by all of the extras that WDW is starting to charge for now. "Up-sells". EMH is now being assessed a charge? This and that and whatever they can think of to make us empty our pockets even more.

Put that carrot out there! you need to sell a trip!
What? I haven't read anything about an charge and EMH? But I do agree- they are getting more and more money hungry and not about the Disney Difference.

I love a happy ending

hello- Thanks? That is one hell of a wine glass you have! little jealous!!

Fun Life updates!

Throwing some fun stuff from New years and on!
Video-
My sister and Brother in law playing Pie in Face

Video of Kristy and daughter:

Of course Kristy and Roger:

Roger and his daughter:

If you have not played this game.. you must.

Kids were bored at home and asked if they can be dropped off at my job..
I never say no! So i promised them lunch.
they found my fun drawer of things i have been collecting over many years here:

then went to lunch at Riccobene's

it was messy

we ended up going to Target as usual. they did have GC burning holes in their pockets
We found the ever popular most sought out toy of 2016- we needed it!

Video of it hatching which took FOREVER

Finished product

It's cute. as long as peanut keeps it in her room! LOL

This past Friday was the kids last day of Christmas vacation which they begged me to stay home to do something.. it didn't take much persuading.
we went to the MSI-

I have pictures yet haven't had the time to edit. So i can post later if i have anything good.

This year is going well so far.. need to get back on the healthy eating thing.. the trip is coming up and i need it GONE before we head out to DISNEY!!

Let's talk more on plans! I am ready to talk Disney!

Lunch at Ricobene's!! Their daughter is in my class right now! :) and I had their son a few years ago when I was still the Pre K teacher! Their pizza is DELISH!

I LOVE MSI!!! Our tradition is to go every year on New Year's Eve, but....this year we celebrated elsewhere pixiedust:

OK half this post went missing?!?! WHAT?
Mock up of day 7!

It's the day we leave today and
Disney-World-Magic-Kingdom-Entrance-Sign.jpg

Yes that's right!

Finally our Magic Kingdom DAY! The only other time here would have been the party Now we get to show our compadres MK and all it's glory! YAHOOOOOO

The morning-- :confused3
I would LOVE to try for Crystal Palace PPO ADR.. Oh wait. that's not a big deal anymore since the opening show is now on the castle's stage... Boo...
If we do we would pay out of pocket for this or the other?? If not we weill hit up the CL of the Poly for Breakfast and still be there for the opening show!
After opening we will go left. Most of the masses will go to the right to hit up 7DMT
We on the other hand will leisurely stroll towards the start of our adventure!!

Making the left we will enter Adventureland-

Jungle cruise!

Magic carpets!

Tiki Birds!

Pirates over and over again!!

Once we have Started our adventure it's time to hoedown throw down!

Go on the crazy train- splash around some mountains and talk to some bears!

once we perfected the boot scoot boogie we will scoot on over and Salute our Liberty Square!

If we are tired and sweaty we will see the hall of presidents we will absolutely watch the muppets!
Cannot escape the doom of HM!

Once we are scared silly we will hitch hike over to live out our Fantasies!!

Unfortunately the first ride to see will be It's a Small World.

you know it's a MUST
Fly over neverland see some music magically composed. depending on the time i am sure we will be ready to find out of the grey stuff is really worth the hype!
yes they did request to dine with the beast!

FUN! After a roaring good time i am sure we will Hi Ho it over too the mine train, Hear a tale or two from Belle, find our feather of courage

count some thingamabobs, i will have no taste for tea but everyone else might.. we will journey Bottomless blue and become part of her world!!

Then we need to call Tom- Mr. Tom Morrow. Take a flight around space

then Defeat Zurg making ourselves galactic heroes

from there we will need to help the Electricity shortage with ONE EYE opened.

Hope for some progress while carousing through the speedways.

When Wishes starts I WILL BE front and center.. I don't wish to leave my family behind.. But i have no problem doing so.

Disney talk! I got it!!! LOL

My goals are:
Wishes
Ride splash and crazy train at night.. It's so much more fun at night!!

Yes we will hit pretty much everything we can!!!

Last edited:

Lunch at Ricobene's!! Their daughter is in my class right now! :) and I had their son a few years ago when I was still the Pre K teacher! Their pizza is DELISH!

I LOVE MSI!!! Our tradition is to go every year on New Year's Eve, but....this year we celebrated elsewhere pixiedust:

YES! Ricobene's!!! This is my massive cheat day.. i don't do it often otherwise i will be the size of baymax! I always get the Chicken vesuvio sandwich mmmmmmmmmm calories galore!

I wanted to take them to the planetarium! They picked MSI.

Yeah yeah rub it in..

Still waiting on the trip report here..

Yeah yeah rub it in..

Still waiting on the trip report here..

I know, I am a major slacker in that department!! It's taking me awhile to get life back in order--not sure if you could tell in the FB video of Jimmy's monorail that our tree is still up and presents are opened but still piled up behind him :)

I will definitely get that TR started.....soooo, how do I do that exactly? I need to start a new thread in Trip Reports or something, right?? I'm still such a newbie!! <hangs head in shame>

Your kiddos have fun at your work? When mine were younger, they would pay good money not to go to my work. I work for boring attorneys though. And i don't have a drawer full of goodies.

And, your kiddos are starting to get that older look about them. Teenagers this year Mo. You will have to consult with me; I managed to get 2 boys through it. Some how. Some way. Dating, driving, etc.

Here is what I read about Extra Magic Hours:

"Now, upsells are coming so fast that we can hardly keep up. Just in the last couple months, Disney has added private cabanas at Magic Kingdom for almost $700 per day (November 27th), Highway in the Sky Dine Around (December 2nd) on the monorail for $150 per adult, and Express Transportation (December 7th) for $15 per day to make park hopping more convenient by allowing guests to skip security. They’ve also reintroduced Disney After Dark, which was poorly received last year, now charging for Extra Magic Hours that used to be included in the ticket price for all Disney Resort Hotel guests."

Boo to upsells. Love your planning/dreaming.

As far as I know, they are not charging for EMH, but they do have an Early Morning Magic for an additional charge - includes early admission, 3 rides and a breakfast buffet at Pinocchio Village Haus. Also, the price of the cabanas is being reduced to $499 for a period of time - not sure if they are going to keep the reduced rate or just get rid of them.

When my kids were young enough to come to work with me, I would give them a set of land development plans and colored pencils and I let them color. LOL

I know, I am a major slacker in that department!! It's taking me awhile to get life back in order--not sure if you could tell in the FB video of Jimmy's monorail that our tree is still up and presents are opened but still piled up behind him

It's so tough so get back to normal life after a vacation.. Especially after an EPIC trip you had!! Which i would love to know more about one day...

I will definitely get that TR started.....soooo, how do I do that exactly? I need to start a new thread in Trip Reports or something, right?? I'm still such a newbie!! <hangs head in shame>

HA HA! Yes you will go under the trip reports and start a new thread. Name it something FUN and start writing! you know i will read along! so will several others! Make sure there are DETAILS!!! and loads of pictures!

Your kiddos have fun at your work? When mine were younger, they would pay good money not to go to my work. I work for boring attorneys though. And i don't have a drawer full of goodies.

They do! No, I don't work in an office that is quiet and more professional atmosphere.
I work for the city. In a garage/factory for concrete and asphalt! FUN! Yes i started working for the city when i was 18 so i have been collecting immature office crap for a LONG time. HA! Including a gun that shoots rubber chickens. Yeah. I refuse to grow up!
The people around here are also immature children. So the kids fit right in.

And, your kiddos are starting to get that older look about them. Teenagers this year Mo. You will have to consult with me; I managed to get 2 boys through it. Some how. Some way. Dating, driving, etc.

yes... I see it too and hate everything about it. WHY are they maturing so fast? 13? HOW am i going to deal with this?
Oh yeah to make it easier ON ME we will celebrate their birthday in Disney.. Ya it's all about me- and a reminder to them not to grow up too fast. it's FUN to be a kid!

Here is what I read about Extra Magic Hours:

"Now, upsells are coming so fast that we can hardly keep up. Just in the last couple months, Disney has added private cabanas at Magic Kingdom for almost $700 per day (November 27th), Highway in the Sky Dine Around (December 2nd) on the monorail for $150 per adult, and Express Transportation (December 7th) for $15 per day to make park hopping more convenient by allowing guests to skip security. They’ve also reintroduced Disney After Dark, which was poorly received last year, now charging for Extra Magic Hours that used to be included in the ticket price for all Disney Resort Hotel guests."

This is getting out of hand.

Boo to upsells. Love your planning/dreaming.

No Kidding.. Seriously are they not making enough money as it is?? Just goofy

As far as I know, they are not charging for EMH, but they do have an Early Morning Magic for an additional charge - includes early admission, 3 rides and a breakfast buffet at Pinocchio Village Haus. Also, the price of the cabanas is being reduced to $499 for a period of time - not sure if they are going to keep the reduced rate or just get rid of them.

That's one hefty price tag. Im going to go ahead and say.. No.. We will not partake in that one!

When my kids were young enough to come to work with me, I would give them a set of land development plans and colored pencils and I let them color. LOL

HA HA HA HA HA HA! that's perfect! I grabbed a brick of legal size paper and let them at it. I now have my office wall papered in their drawings! Wish i had colored pencils or something to liven them up a bit! LOL..
Now i know what to put on my office supply list! YAY!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Slinks in quietly hoping Mo won't notice she's been gone for several months.

One TR finally caught up on! Many, many more to go and I'll probably get behind again when I go to Disneyland.

Loving all of your plans Mo! I'm really excited that you are still thinking about coming to Atlanta. If you are going to do the Aquarium you should also look into World of Coke right next to it. Lots of fun and a tasting room many times bigger than the one at Epcot.

LOL! Hope you don't have to leave the family behind for Wishes in front of the castle! (I like the way you think though....!) :cutie:

Hello all and a very:

f4f27eb75cb675fb11b493239e5a64a6.jpg

Guess what that means?!?

il_570xN.679166363_cqy0.jpg

That's RIGHT! we are going to Disney THIS YEAR!!
In 8 months or 248 days!
I am PRAYING 2017 bring HEALTH HAPPINESS TO ALL!!!​

2016 can go.. Just GO! Had enough of you.

2017 is going to bring a lot of GOOD stuff! I am already trying to go the healthy route wanted to start a work out program today-I am not feeling it.. Back to work at the city job- i am exhausted- Volleyball practice tonight which i would rather just go home and SLEEP!
It will happen as soon as i feel better. Which i should in about a week?

So what is all your 2017 plans and goals?!?

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!! While I'm at it have a lovely Valentine's Day, brilliantly boozy St Pats and a very Hoppy Easter! :rotfl2:I'll probably miss those too at this rate! I love all your holiday photos! That tree though, oh my goodness!!

2017...We are MOVING HOUSE!! :jumping1: Finally!! Hallelujah. Back to the house I grew up in. More space! Two fenced-in gardens! My beloved piano which we didn't have room for in our house! Of course, now we have to do The Legal Stuff. :scared: And get the place re-wired from top to bottom. And pack up our house (how do you accumulate so much stuff in a decade?! Where does it come from?! Why did we need it in the first place? We are drowning in "Life Silt" here...All that stuff that gradually builds up from nowhere and clogs your house up!). And decorate the "new-old" place. We also have to fit the signing of The Legal Stuff around Mum having gall bladder surgery (possibly the cause of the sepsis? Who knew!).

I've pretty much given up on the 10yr anniversary trip to WDW this year. :charac2::charac2::charac2:

We would normally have booked 9mo ago for when we want to go, so we are WAY behind if we were to go for the end of Oct/start of Nov to hit Halloween and Christmas parties, which was the original plan. DH keeps coming home and saying he's been bored at work and been pricing up this trip or that hotel, what about floating it to Oct-Nov 2018, etc. There is an offer running over here for 25% off and free nights, but that has to be booked by Mar. 29th. He keeps telling me "Wait and see what happens..." so that's what I'm doing!

Hey Mo ... I still need pics of your kiddos names. I know we still have 8 month left but with being back in school full time I would really like to get my surprises done and sent to you before I get to buried in class work and observation time and all that good stuff. I can't go any further until I have this from you. Well technically I could go with out it but I would rather it be in your hand writing!

I've never heard of the pie in the face game. Do you actually get hit in the face with a "pie" (pretend pie)? That's crazy. :rotfl2:

we will absolutely watch the muppets!
The Muppets are cute. You will feel like you are watching the real thing. ::yes:: They shoot off a couple of little fireworks a few minutes before the show starts as a warning. It's a good thing they do that or we never would have caught the show - twice. :)

There is some sort of new light show they have after Wishes. I think it is 45 minutes after Wished ends. There will probably be a few other new things before you get there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!