Why do we have to stand in all these lines?...a TR by DM w/lots of PIX...Completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneyolic

DIS Veteran
Welcome all my old friends and welcome any newbies!

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of reading my pre-trippie I’ll give you a quick recap of my clan and plans....

DawnMaree...that would be me! I’m 41 years old and love going to Disney World, of course. Doesn’t everyone write that? I started planning our trip back in early February and went gung-ho from there. I have been a member of the DISboards since 2002 but it wasn’t until this year that I have met some absolutely wonderful people who have turned into some wonderful friends! You all know who you are....

Rob...my husband of 11 years. We went to the same high school but never knew each other. It wasn’t until 1994 that I met Rob through my brother and we’ve been history ever since. He likes Disney. He doesn’t actually love it as much as I do but he does enjoy going there and lets me plan it all. He even started asking about DVC this trip. Hmmm......

Evan...our 1st son. My preemie born at 31 weeks. He’s 7 now and is very shy. He has been getting better about talking to others but big groups scare him. However, the whole time while in Disney he was nonstop and ever demanding. He even opened up a bit to a select few – characters that is.

Alec...our 2nd son, age 6. He is definitely a Mommy’s boy and I love it. However, he is a couch potato and it shows. He got tired easily but managed to handle our long days fine. He seemed to ask the same question time after time after time to which I decided to name this trip report with that very question.

Brooke...our little princess, age 2 (going on 16). She loves to dance and sing but is very very demanding. She is also Daddy’s girl right now and Daddy doesn’t help the Diva situation. Brooke surprised me this trip with a bit of shyness at times. Believe me, this girl is not usually shy. All in all she had a great time and handled the trip the best an almost 3-year-old could.

Soon after I started planning this trip I (yes Courtney, that would be me and only me) started a thread called “DISers Stalking DISers...our end of June schedules”. Of course, my good buddy Courtney did help. Lots and lots of fellow DISers joined our thread and we became good friends. As our trips neared some of us planned some DIS meets. I couldn’t believe I would actually be meeting people I met on the internet out somewhere. Back when I joined the DISboards I didn’t even want to put my name out for anyone to see. Too many creepos out there! Anywho, all you creepos are now my friends so I was excited to meet up with some of you and sad for those whom I didn’t get to meet up with. Oh well, next time...

This trip was full of plans, hopes, and wants. Were the plans always kept? Were the hopes and wants met? In the best answer I can give to you now - NO. But we still had a wonderful vacation with lots of memories to last a lifetime. I have lots and lots of pictures to share and tales to tell. So, stick around with me and my new trip report and I’ll tell you all how our plans, hopes, and wants really went day by day...

links_3.gif

Friday, June 22...Day of Arrival
Saturday, June 23...Epcot...Future World
June 23...Epcot...More Future World
June 23...Epcot...Le Cellier appetizers
June 23...Epcot...Le Cellier main entrees
June 23...Epcot...Le Cellier desserts
June 23...Epcot...Browsing Canada
June 23...Epcot...Imagination
June 23...Epcot...Norway DIS Meet
Sunday, June 24...Magic Kingdom...Another DIS Meet
June 24...Magic Kingdom...Frontierland to Adventureland
June 24...Magic Kingdom...Crystal Palace
June 24...Magic Kingdom...Home Video
June 24...Magic Kingdom...Leaving the Magic Kingdom
June 24...Port Orleans Riverside...Dinner and Some Shopping
June 25...Port Orleans Riverside...Hopping the bus to the Animal Kingdom
June 25...Animal Kingdom...Donald's Breakfastosaurus & DIS Meet
June 25...Animal Kingdom...DinoLand to Asia and back to DinoLand
June 25...Animal Kingdom...DinoLand to Asia to Discovery Island back to Asia
June 25...Port Orleans Riverside...Quiet Pool Time
June 25...Animal Kingdom...Extra Magical Hours part 1
June 25...Animal Kingdom...Extra Magical Hours part 2
June 26...Blizzard Beach...Boys Day at Blizzard Beach
June 26...Magic Kingdom...Mommy & Daughter Morning
June 26...Magic Kingdom...Cinderella's Royal Table
June 26...Magic Kingdom...Leaving the Magic Kingdom
June 26...DownTown Disney...Ferry to DownTown Disney
June 26...DownTown Disney...Sitting Down at Raglan Road
June 26...DownTown Disney...Raglan Road Appetizers
June 26...DownTown Disney...Raglan Road Entrees
June 26...DownTown Disney...Ragland Road Desserts
June 27...MGM Studios...Tower of Terror
June 27...MGM Studios...Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
June 27...MGM Studios...Sci-Fi Dine In
June 27...MGM Studios...Somebody Stole Our Stroller....Or Did They?
June 27...MGM Studios...Star Tours
June 27...Port Orleans Riverside...Relaxing the evening away...
June 28...Epcot...We're going back to Epcot
June 28...Epcot...The Seas
June 28...Epcot...Coral Reef ~ The Appetizers
June 28...Epcot...Coral Reef ~ The Entrees
June 28...Epcot...Coral Reef ~ The Desserts
June 28...Epcot...A Little Land, A Little Imagination
June 28...Epcot...Biding Time in Norway
June 28...Epcot...An Evening in Mexico
June 28...Epcot...You are not de first to pass dis way, nor shall ye be de last
June 28...Epcot...A Rabbit, Snake & Monkey during Oktoberfest
June 28...Epcot...Touring the rest of the World Showcase
June 28...Epcot...Garden Grill ~ Chip
June 28...Epcot...Garden Grill ~ Dale
June 28...Epcot...Garden Grill ~ Pluto
June 28...Epcot...Garden Grill ~ Mickey ... and on out!
June 29...Magic Kingdom...It's all about Brookie
June 29...Magic Kingdom/POR...Miserable back at the room & Fun at the Magic Kingdom
June 29...Magic Kingdom...Splash Mountain & the Good Mommy
June 29...Magic Kingdom...Big Thunder Mountain Railroad & the Sleeping Beauties
June 29...Magic Kingdom..."Evan Points"
June 29...Magic Kingdom...Let's Hit Tomorrowland
June 29...Magic Kingdom...Still in Tomorrowland
June 29...Magic Kingdom...Cosmic Ray's
June 29...Magic Kingdom...ToonTown
June 29...Magic Kingdom...Wishes in Fantasyland
June 29...Magic Kingdom...More Fantasyland
June 29...Magic Kingdom...The Rest of our Evening in the Magic Kingdom
June 30...Port Orleans Riverside...Getting ready to leave The World
June 30...Orlando, JFK & Syracuse International Airports...The Long Flight Home
December 15...Liverpool, New York...Final Thoughts

Yay DM! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures. We loved meeting you and your family! I don't even mind being called a creepo.:lmao:

I'm just sad I didn't get to meet you, I wanted to come to Epcot that night but I had dinner at 5

Evan...our 1st son. My preemie born at 31 weeks. He’s 7 now and is very shy. He has been getting better about talking to others but big groups scare him. However, the whole time while in Disney he was nonstop and ever demanding. He even opened up a bit to a select few – characters that is.

This trip was full of plans, hopes, and wants. Were the plans always kept? Where the hopes and wants met? In the best answer I can give to you now - NO. But we still had a wonderful vacation with lots of memories to last a lifetime. I have lots and lots of pictures to share and tales to tell. So, stick around with me and my new trip report and I’ll tell you all how our plans, hopes, and wants really went day by day... [/SIZE]

:::Coming out of lurkdom again:::: I can't wait to read your TR, DM!

I had to mention see the above about Evan......my youngest, Becca, was born at 32 weeks :) She turns 4 at the beginning of August.

Looking forward to hearing all about your Disney Days!
Melissa

Yay DM! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures. We loved meeting you and your family! I don't even mind being called a creepo.:lmao:
Like the creepo comment, eh? What a long way we've come... I loved meeting some of my new friends. I just wish I could have met up with more.

I'm just sad I didn't get to meet you, I wanted to come to Epcot that night but I had dinner at 5
That was too bad you couldn't make it. It was a good turnout. Wish it could have lasted longer but the end of the day was harder on my kids than I thought it would be.

Yeah it's started already :yay: Can't wait for more DM :hug:
Oh dear Jo. You weren't first. Love that "Blimey..." comment in your edit reason tho. :laughing: Glad you're here. Either tonight or tomorrow I will have our travel day posted...

:cheer2: :dance3: Yaaaaaaa you started and made me cry already! ;) I love the descriptions of everyone! Sorry you were stalked by such creepos as us :rotfl2: :rotfl2: but seriously, it was fun meeting everyone and I wish I could have met more! Thanks again for all of your time and effort here on the boards DM!!! I am really looking forward to your trippie and all of the pics...darn I wish I could have taken more...oh well, next time! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading more....
Good thing because there's more to read either tonight or tomorrow! ;)

:::Coming out of lurkdom again:::: I can't wait to read your TR, DM!

I had to mention see the above about Evan......my youngest, Becca, was born at 32 weeks :) She turns 4 at the beginning of August.

Looking forward to hearing all about your Disney Days!
Melissa
Glad you're coming out of "lurkdom". I always like to post about Evan being a preemie. There is a special bond between parents of preemies. I hope Becca is doing well. Evan had some speech delays and had troubles with sensories and fine motor but he's doing fine now. Just a bit of learning disability that his school is helping him out with. Thank goodness we have a good school system here in NY.

This trip was full of plans, hopes, and wants. Were the plans always kept? Where the hopes and wants met? In the best answer I can give to you now - NO. But we still had a wonderful vacation with lots of memories to last a lifetime. I have lots and lots of pictures to share and tales to tell. So, stick around with me and my new trip report and I’ll tell you all how our plans, hopes, and wants really went day by day...

Isn't that always the way? Sometimes I think we plan TOO much. Naaaaahhhh.:goodvibes

:cheer2: :dance3: Yaaaaaaa you started and made me cry already! ;) I love the descriptions of everyone! Sorry you were stalked by such creepos as us :rotfl2: :rotfl2: but seriously, it was fun meeting everyone and I wish I could have met more! Thanks again for all of your time and effort here on the boards DM!!! I am really looking forward to your trippie and all of the pics...darn I wish I could have taken more...oh well, next time! :thumbsup2
I loved being stalked by all you creepos! :lmao: I'm one of them too... :rotfl2: Glad you're here.

I am here!!! And I am waiting for more! popcorn:: Cant wait to hear all about your vacation.
I'm honoured to have a newly engaged person join my TR!

I'm here too!!!!! Can't wait for more!
It's about time but I'm glad you got here. We are all going to be very busy with all these new TRs, eh?

Yay! You've started! Can't wait to hear all about DM. popcorn::
Thanks for jumping on over! I'm getting more excited about writing this.

It's about time Court. And Ha HA HA, I was the first to post to DM's trippie.
You win! You win! You win a sit-down breakfast with the Welch family at Breakfastosaurus. Wait a minute...you won already, didn't you? :rolleyes:

Isn't that always the way? Sometimes I think we plan TOO much. Naaaaahhhh.:goodvibes
I anticipated some plans to fall through but there were times that I just didn't not expect. But it wouldn't be vacation if some things didn't spice it up. But you'll have to wait to hear it all....

[. I have been a member of the DISboards since 2002 but it wasn’t until this year that I have met some absolutely wonderful people who have turned into some wonderful friends! You all know who you are....

[Soon after I started planning this trip I (yes Courtney, that would be me and only me) started a thread called “DISers Stalking DISers...our end of June schedules”. Of course, my good buddy Courtney did help. Lots and lots of fellow DISers joined our thread and we became good friends. As our trips neared some of us planned some DIS meets. I couldn’t believe I would actually be meeting people I met on the internet out somewhere. Back when I joined the DISboards I didn’t even want to put my name out for anyone to see. Too many creepos out there! Anywho, all you creepos are now my friends so I was excited to meet up with some of you and sad for those whom I didn’t get to meet up with. Oh well, next time...

I resemble the "good friends" description - not the "creepos" description! LOL

Looking forward to your epic saga... I mean, trip report..... :lmao:

Renée

are you on the ball or what? can't wait to read all about it....glad you're home safe! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter