Why Do People Say Things Like This

While that kind of trip is not for me (I couldn't imagine going without my dh or my boys!), it is no one else's business when or where you go or who with! That definitely was a rude statement....

I went on a partial solo trip when I was in my early 20's (I am now...old..ok young to some but I am 36).

I flew down alone (I love being on the plane alone-I used to visit my cousin a few times a year in Stuart, FL & would fly alone). My sister, my neice, my cousin, her 3 kids & one of her kids friends all met me at the WL & they stayed there for a night or two. They left & I still had 2 days at the park alone.

Sometimes I felt lonely but I also liked being able to do what I want, when I wanted to do it.

Luckily my dh does the same things I do only because that is how I trained him.

Oh & I also went to Club Med in the Bahmas for a week all alone. That was really nice too. I did meet a few people & they had me eat dinner with them & go on the snorkel cruise with them but it was nice just being alone & just sitting there on the beach with out a care in the world.

I would have replied "I hate people..but I love gatherings!" :rotfl2:

Enjoy yourself and don't let the haters ruin it!

jealousy! I would kill to go by myself but Dh wont let me, he insists on coming with me ;)

I'm another disney soloist that get the "feeling sorry for you" speeches from co-workers. Went in 2006 solo, and had a blast, and i'm currently planning my 40th bday solo in May. Now thats another one... "your going to be by yourself on your birthday?" AHHH!!!!!

My feeling on going solo is, i'm by myself all the time anyway, except when i go an spend time with my mom, sister and family (i'm divorced, no kids) so what is the difference... being by myself during the week vs being at disney solo... i have no problems being by myself... if someone cant go to the movies, or go eat out with me... why sit home?? I went with my family the first 2 trips to disney, and got the lay of the land, and i think its a great place for a soloist, i feel very safe there, i dont have to worry about transportation, etc.

So i just let it roll off my back when they make those comments... i just say to myself... their jealous :rotfl: But really, its just a great adventure, and they are not going to keep me from going!!! :)

I find it depressing when someone can't simply enjoy their own company and has to always rely on others to make life interesting.

I've been to WDW solo twice and I had a wonderful time !!

It is not depressing at all. DH and I have a great marriage and want to be together as much as possible. We don't argue over meals etc. We communicate what we want before we go and plan accordingly. The problem many have that need to go solo is they cannot communicate their desires well and then get mad when it does not happen as they planned.

I would never want to go the happiest place on earth without the person who makes the world such a happy place to live in.

There is nothing wrong with being comfortable in your own skin, forget what other's say have a wonderful time!!!

It is not depressing at all. DH and I have a great marriage and want to be together as much as possible. We don't argue over meals etc. We communicate what we want before we go and plan accordingly. The problem many have that need to go solo is they cannot communicate their desires well and then get mad when it does not happen as they planned.

I would never want to go the happiest place on earth without the person who makes the world such a happy place to live in.

I've read your post several times and am happy you love spending time with your husband but do you actually think that because someone goes to Disney World by themself that they can't communicate and then get mad about not getting their way????? Please tell me you just phrased that improperly because if not then I think you just called me a two year old. :confused3 :rotfl2: :confused3

I've read your post several times and am happy you love spending time with your husband but do you actually think that because someone goes to Disney World by themself that they can't communicate and then get mad about not getting their way????? Please tell me you just phrased that improperly because if not then I think you just called me a two year old. :confused3 :rotfl2: :confused3

What I was saying was the ones who get mad are not communicating what they want. The only time my brother joined us we would ask him what he wanted to do. He would tell us nothing but that not complain that we didn't do anything that he wanted. This is what I mean by poor communication.

If you want to eat at a certain place the time to discuss that is before the trip not when you are hungry.

Could you imagine being on a solo trip and winning a stay in the castle? The ULTIMATE bachelor/bachelorette pad!
Talk about "me" time!

I have to say I did burn through a lot of cellular minutes though since I was by myself! Have fun!
The same thing happens to me too, since I "have" to call DF every day. Otherwise he worries that something happened to me.

Could you imagine being on a solo trip and winning a stay in the castle? The ULTIMATE bachelor/bachelorette pad!
Talk about "me" time!
I really hope that happens. This will be my third solo trip since the start of the Million Dreams promo, and will probably be my last, (during the promo,) but I would love to win the night in the castle. That would mean a lot more to me then any of the monetary prizes.

Disneyfav,
Don't let their comments get to you- I'm a bit older and wiser now, and I really wish that I had done more solo trips / events when I was your age. Follow your heart and have a great time!!

I am 46 and go solo almost all the time. My Mom and I used to go together...she passed away 3 years ago. We had many good times at Disney, so, I could either give that up, or go it alone. I also own DVC at Boardwalk. I have met many wonderful people by travelling solo...many of them cast members. Now...it is like going home...I always have people to do stuff with...if I chose. Most of the time, I prefer doing my own thing. I have also travelled to DL myself.

Have a great time! I'm currently planning my first total solo trip for my 40th birthday. We go as a family every year for two weeks, and DH and I manage to make at least one side trip together as well (yay ap!). I have always tried to get away during our family trips for an afternoon on my own at a park or DTD, but always have to meet back at our villa for lunch/dinner/park time, etc., and can never seem to get pool time alone to read without a "mom, look at me", or "honey, put sunscreen on my back". So my ultimate dream is to spend a week just doing my own thing at my own pace. Can't wait to be solo at WDW:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter