Why do people order a case of water?

I wish I had known you can buy a case at the resort gift shops. We bought so many bottles of water, so expensive!

I personally also hate the aftertaste of the water at WDW, but I would never buy bottle water. The amount of money people spend on bottled water, is mind boggling.

I bought a 250ml Bobble bottle with integrated filter for 6$ on amazon

I bought my first one specifically for my 2nd trip to Disney after discovering the flavorful aftertaste on my first trip. Now I carry it around everywhere I go. It has several advantage over bottle water.
- Cost is negligible (3$ for a filter that last for about 300L, that's 600 regular sized bottled water)
- Much lighter.
- On a warm day I never run out since I can refill it anywhere.
- No need to freeze it, when it`s warm swap it out with colder water from fountain.
- less waste

I'm sorry this seems like a silly question. This will be our first time at WDW, and we are staying at Poly for 6 days.

Can we drink the tap water there? We usually bring water bottles and fill them at other places we visit.

Thank you for answering!
The tap water in WDW is fine, but my family likes to purchase a case or two of water in order to bring them into the parks with us. We have a backpack with the interior lining of a cooler that keeps the water cold for almost an entire day in the theme parks. I definitely recommend doing this!

hi.

How much is a case of water at the resort? 24 packs - 500ml ones?
We're going for 14 days (7 day park passes), and I am thinking of getting 1 case for 3 of us. (DD is 2.5 y/o)

I am wondering whether to buy at the resort or just pack them. We fly Southwest, so we'll have a lot of room for it.
We're on the DDP, and won't be ordering food from like Garden Grocer. So all we need is just water.

Thanks.

I do not drink the water straight in Disney. I can do ice in my iced tea... We bottle as well.

I am the opposite with my hair. I really look forward to washing my hair with Disney water. It comes out so soft. Back home I feel like it is straw sometimes.

We don't like the tap water so we make sure we have a case of water delivered and ready for us when we arrive. Got to have that water, especially in the summer!

DH can't drink water from the tap (due to a transplant. No ice, no sodas or tea that isn't bottled either) so he has to have bottled water.
I use a Bobble; DS and DD#2 use Britas, and we just get water from the soda fountain, or in a pinch, from a water fountain.

I get a refillable mug and use the water from the drink dispenser at the resort. We go bagless so we don't carry water bottles into the park. We will buy a bottle in the park or get the free CS water. We also do midday breaks by the pool so we use our refillable mugs again.

I can't speak for tap water at WDW as I drink bottled water there, but not all of Orlando has nasty water. We live in Orlando, and honestly the water is as good as it gets. I have no idea about the origin of the water but it sounds likely it's not the same as WDW.

MG

I live in the Orlando area as well, and our water comes from a community well. The well house is behind the houses at the end of our cul de sac. Our water is great and doesn't require any filtering to drink. There's no aftertaste like the Disney water. I do take bottled water with me to Disney, because I like to make tea in the room and don't like how the tea tastes with Disney tap water. Sometimes it's large bottles (2L or 1 gal) and sometimes it's smaller bottles. It just depends on what's on sale right before my trip.

Water does vary from location to location though. It's usually due to the mineral content of the water. That's what gives water it's distinctive "taste" as you go from place to place. We had our own well when we lived in Ohio, but we had to run it through a softener/filter system before we could use it or it was horrible.

LOL, we just drink tap water. We fill the ice bucket and serve ice to glasses from it and just add water from the tap.

Never noticed a funny taste.

Maybe because I have drunk tap water all my like, in different places?

Other than Garden Grocer (which we've used many times) is there somewhere else to just order cases of water without order a bunch of other stuff?
We have once before purchased a 24 pack of the 10 oz bottles at the resort gift shop, then bought one 20 oz and just kept refilling with the 10 oz so we didn't have to carry too many "little" bottles. But if we could just order a case of the regular ones... that'd be great!

LOL, we just drink tap water. We fill the ice bucket and serve ice to glasses from it and just add water from the tap.

Even though I think some areas of Disney parks and resorts are not as good as others, (especially if not super cold) I'm not picky about water even though we have good Tap water at home.

Stayed at Poly numerous times and was just fine for us.

I've drank well water plenty of times, and I think that is better than the stuff you get out of the taps in Orlando.

We always bought bottled water to resorts. The taste was just off.. And dare I say, seemed slimy. We didn't even use tap for teeth brushing lol. Dh Always complained that even shampoo doesn't come out of hair n such in the showers at Disney. In NY we drank tap without Taste issues.
Fast forward ... We Moved to Fla, (though not near Orlando). We use an Added water filtration system in our taps, our frig And I buy bottled water cases each week.
Habit? Some would say Yes ( the dh drinks tap here) but it's Taste and simply makes me Happy, so why not.
My only suggestion is Not to leave/store bottled water in car or garages!

I noticed the same thing when washing my hair at Disney. It seems like it leaves a residue. I first thought it was the Disney products, so next trip I brought my usual stuff from home and it didn't change the residue feeling. My son has longish hair and he has such a residue at Disney that his hair doesn't seem to get clean there. Drives me crazy.

Other than Garden Grocer (which we've used many times) is there somewhere else to just order cases of water without order a bunch of other stuff?
We have once before purchased a 24 pack of the 10 oz bottles at the resort gift shop, then bought one 20 oz and just kept refilling with the 10 oz so we didn't have to carry too many "little" bottles. But if we could just order a case of the regular ones... that'd be great!

If you are an Amazon Prime Member you can order from Amazon Prime Now. We placed 2 orders from there APP for our trip--one the day before we arrived and one during our trip. It was very easy and no delivery fee or minimum order. We were very pleased and will be using them again. We justed returned Last Sunday and can't wait for our next trip
Karyn

I just don't like the taste of Orlando's tap water so we bring bottled water with us (we don't have to fly so it's easy to bring with us in the car). I drink it in the room, poolside, and often take a bottle with me when we head out to the parks. I don't tote around cargo especially since we're well past the stroller age were we could pile stuff on so I don't take a bunch into the parks with me but it saves a little for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter