Why didn't you all tell me the Wonder is the best ship in the fleet?

Thank you.
She was just out walking the dog and picks up neighborhood trash. A lady pulled up and thanked her and handed her a bottle of home kitchen honey from her own hives
IMG_3719.jpeg

I think we saw it on the Magic. I remember liking it, but do I remember correctly that it has an adult playing a kid for much of the show? I always struggle with that choice in any of the DCL productions that do that. I know it's picky.

Frozen does it too, but at least they use puppets, and the actors did it so well that it didn't bother me as much as usual. It was also a very small part of the show.

Can you imagine having a kid on a ship to work? You would need a teacher and presumably a parent present, just for liability and possible medical issues.

Solution: hire a short female to play the main role. We just have to believe - or Dream it’s a kid/ young teenager. Is there a Believe show, too?

I think we saw it on the Magic. I remember liking it, but do I remember correctly that it has an adult playing a kid for much of the show? I always struggle with that choice in any of the DCL productions that do that. I know it's picky.

Frozen does it too, but at least they use puppets, and the actors did it so well that it didn't bother me as much as usual. It was also a very small part of the show.
I don’t like that part of the show either, which indeed takes up much of the show. But the rest of it is amazing, so is the final.

It goes two ways.
During the production of the remake of True Grit, Hailee Steinfeld a same-age friend of our daughter, was only 12 - 13. Regardless of what the pre-release publicity said she was much older suggesting 17 - 18. Read that as: vaguely suggesting to throw everyone off. It worked.

In the movie Apocalypse Now the character named "Clean" manning the 50 cal machine gun was a young teen too.

We’ll be on the Treasure in January too depending on the wife's cancer treatment outcome.

I missed this yesterday. I wish her the very best and hope you are able to go! Cancer is such a difficult disease that nobody truly understands until it affects someone close to them. We missed two big trips that were booked last year due to it, but are fortunate enough to be more than catching up this year. I hope it goes very well for you and you are vacationing soon!

Can you imagine having a kid on a ship to work? You would need a teacher and presumably a parent present, just for liability and possible medical issues.

Solution: hire a short female to play the main role. We just have to believe - or Dream it’s a kid/ young teenager. Is there a Believe show, too?

For sure. I get why they don't have a choice. But that doesn't change whether I find it entertaining. I don't. It always come across as strange and jarring to me - like watching an adult do baby talk. I would prefer they just wrote stories that didn't revolve significantly around a young child under the circumstances. But, I am also content with skipping the shows, as I find the open evenings and quiet ship during those times very enjoyable.

It goes two ways.
During the production of the remake of True Grit, Hailee Steinfeld a same-age friend of our daughter, was only 12 - 13. Regardless of what the pre-release publicity said she was much older suggesting 17 - 18. Read that as: vaguely suggesting to throw everyone off. It worked.

In the movie Apocalypse Now the character named "Clean" manning the 50 cal machine gun was a young teen too.

Interesting. The True Grit remake is in my top 10 list of favorite movies. Steinfeld was incredible in that. I had no idea she was so young.

Splurging on the two adult restaurants is our plan the next time we sail Fantasy, or Palo for two nights if possible if on one of the smaller ships. It would be well worth the money for us to enjoy better cooked-to-order dinners and new menus.
After branching out to other cruise lines, we quickly found out the daylight between the quality of their MDRs and specialty restaurants. We made our peace with the specialty dining charges. And now we make it a point to sample as many venues on a ship as possible.

For sure. I get why they don't have a choice. But that doesn't change whether I find it entertaining. I don't. It always come across as strange and jarring to me - like watching an adult do baby talk. I would prefer they just wrote stories that didn't revolve significantly around a young child under the circumstances. But, I am also content with skipping the shows, as I find the open evenings and quiet ship during those times very enjoyable.
Is this the show set in the bedroom - and she’s sitting in her bed? If so, I never even thought she was supposed to be a kid. That’s why I didn’t get see the incongruity.

And I have skipped that show several times.

Y’all, of course the actress has to be an adult 😆 in the story, Anne Marie is starting middle school the next day and is worried about having to grow up - she’s trying to find her own magic to keep the wonder of childhood alive, so she’d be 11-12? While I certainly don’t watch it and think “wow that’s a 12 year old”, when I’ve seen it they’ve done a good job at casting someone who looks quite young. Anyways, it’s live theater, part of that is always the suspension of disbelief.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter