Whose idea was it to go to FLORIDA in August? Oh that's right it was mine....Pre Trip Report.

Jenn51421

Earning My Ears
Hello my fellow Disney lovers!

It has been a fairly long time since I have visited this site. I forgot how much I loved it. I have been looking at everyone's trip reports as well as helpful suggestions for Disney World in August with a 6 year old. I love being here with all you amazing, informative, helpful Disney experts.

So here is a little bit of backround regarding our upcoming trip.

We will begin with the easiest way to start any pre trip report...the 3 W's

WHO:

Jenn (Me)
IMG_1151.jpeg

Kenny (Fiance)
IMG_3083.JPG

Fiance's Son *Due to privacy I will not be sharing his name or his face, but I assure you he is a cutie pie*
But to make it easier for to PTR I will call him "Sonic"
IMG_2185.jpeg

Here is our love story....If anyone wanted to know how the three of us became our own little family unit.

Kenny and I met like most couples do these days...ONLINE lol Thank you Match . com
We met in May of 2020 during the pandemic. It was a hard time for both of us. I unfortunately had just lost my mom and fellow Disney bestie to Covid and Kenny was a nurse, enough said. We both were just looking for a shoulder to lean on. Never in a million years did I believe that we would turn into anything more than 2 people who met online and talked for a few days to lighten up a really hard time for each other. We talked for about a month and met up a few times but unfortunately life got in the way. We didn't speak for about 6 months. Then in December of 2020 Kenny reached out to me to see how I was doing. That night we stayed up all night talking and texting each other. Filling each other in on what has been happening in our lives. Fast forward a few months and we find our footing as a couple totally head over heels in love with each other. He approaches me one day and tells me he wants me to meet his son. I was very honored to meet him. He is the world to my fiancé. When I met "Sonic" he was so sweet and we got along very well. We quickly became close buddies. It's always a fun time when we get to spend time with him. After a year together I knew he was "the one" So I decided it was time for me to introduce him to my happy place. Kenny had only been once before and we had never been to Disney World as a couple. So in February of 2021 we went for about 12 days. It was an amazing trip that ended with our magical moment....

WE GOT ENGAGED!!!!

IMG_2995.jpeg

So now we are itching to get back to Disney World and we want to take Sonic with us! We have never been together just the three of us before. Sonic has been once with his mom but now we get to experience it with him and we are so excited!

WHEN:
We will be going August 19th to August 24th.
During that week we will be celebrating Sonic's first trip with us and Fiancé's 47th Birthday. If I had my ideal choice in when to go it would definitely not be August. When my family and I went we always went the first week in March. During that time the weather was tolerable and there were no crowds. It was the best. But unfortunately due to school we can only take Sonic to Disney during the summer.

WHERE:
When we first thought of this trip we wanted to go all out. We booked 5 nights at the Boardwalk Villas, with 5 day park hoppers, memory maker, MNSSHP, and an In room welcome celebration. Well all that left a pretty hefty price tag but we were going to be able to manage it and make payments. But unfortunately, that's not exactly how it happened. Ya know that old adage when it rains it pours. Well that is exactly what happened. I ended up in the hospital for 10 days and on work disability for 2 months. Then my fiancé's 2019 car decided to leak coolant into the engine causing it to be useless but there was some good luck with the dealership. It is still under warranty so it can be fixed for free but my fiancé will have to rent a car for the next 6 - 8 weeks due to certain parts being on back order. So at this point I am looking at our family budget and there is just no way we can afford a rental car for almost 2 months, my hospital bills, and a trip to Disney.
So I get on the phone and call Disney to tell them we are going to have to cancel our trip but the agent asked if she could do some "rearranging" for us. Of course I told her to work her magic and that is what she did.
She proposed we move from Boardwalk to AllStar Sports to a preferred room and to drop the in room celebration. It brought our overall total down to a manageable payment plan.
So I called my fiancé and told him the good news. WE ARE STILL GOING TO DISNEY!

Needless to say my fiancé and I are very excited to let Sonic in on our plan but we won't be telling him until the night before. We haven't really come up with a way to surprise him but if anyone has any ideas please share them.

Well I am going to end this part of the PTR. Up next will be our Dining reservations and the magical extras we have planned. I hope you all stick around. It will hopefully be a fun time for all!

Enjoy your trip, I read your post on Reddit. Glad you worked it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter