Who Took My Tater??????

Most of the restaurants have some sort of mashed tater. Some have french fried taters. But so many have risotto (sp?) polenta, lentels, etc. Bleh!!!
Just give me a good old baked tater with butter and sour cream. What's so hard about that?

o.k., don't care whether or not there is baked Taters, but there's a super-giant singing Tater head in TSM:lmao:

Both spellings of potato/potatoe is techinically correct (just like tomato/tomatoe) but there's nothing wrong with tater. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had one at WDW.

I've noticed that a lot of restaurants, not just in WDW, no longer have baked taters. A lot of the chain restaurants don't.

Someone is trying to stir things up with these missing spuds.
Must be an agi-tater.

The amount of time it takes to make the baked potato, and the number of people who actually order them is going to have an effect on whether or not restaurants are going to provide them.
Baked potatoes dry out quicker that mashed, or fries, etc... and take much more time to prepare
If they find they are throwing out alot of potatoes, then they'll stop selling them.

our local amusement park "knoebels grove" sells a little ditty called a "tri-tater" yum.

The trick is to ask for things. They may not be on the menu, but you still may be able to get it. I know at the GFC they have BP's but only if you ask and if they have some onhand.

The trick is to ask for things. They may not be on the menu, but you still may be able to get it. I know at the GFC they have BP's but only if you ask and if they have some onhand.

Thanks,that's good to know, we were actually thinking of trying the GFC this year.

The amount of time it takes to make the baked potato, and the number of people who actually order them is going to have an effect on whether or not restaurants are going to provide them.
Baked potatoes dry out quicker that mashed, or fries, etc... and take much more time to prepare
If they find they are throwing out alot of potatoes, then they'll stop selling them.

Yup thats exactly right cause the places i've worked would throw out soooo many baked potatoes because they would make trays preparing for the lunch or dinner rush and people would order different sides, and since they aren't instant like most other sides they had to be on hand but always went to waste-I would say at least 50 potatotes were lost a day :sad2:

Can't really think of any tater jokes, but I sure wish more TS places at WDW had some baked ones!!!!!

I was at a wedding and sitting with a couple of brothers - nice guys, but big ex-marines who were always beating the crap out of each other. Anyway, one guy goes to the bar, and then our food shows up. His brother bores a hole into this guys potato and fills it up with pepper. The whole table was laughing hilariously at this, just because it was the most ridiculous thing we'd ever seen. So the guy comes back from the bar and sits down and eats. After about a minute, he coughs or chokes and grabs his beer, and after a big gulp he says "wow, that was a spicy potato!" I'm laughing out loud now just thinking about it. It was one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed, just because it was so ridiculous.
Totally a "you had to be there" moment, but its the best potato story I have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter