Who needs pixie dust? You're at Disneyworld!

sbeets

Mouseketeer
Just returned from a great trip to WDW. We traveled Dec 20-26, and did get caught in some big crowds. The 5 of us stayed at Beach Club, a last minute switch from the Grand Floridian, and I'm very glad we did. Plan A was plenty of time at MK, which made GF a good choice. But we changed our trip plan and had more time at HS and Epcot, and the Beach Club was a perfect fit. After our first night at MK, I breathed a sign of relief that our time there would be limited. There were just too many people.

And pixie dust? We got nothing! Not a happy birthday for my daughter, no room upgrades, no extra FP. We did have an occasional Happy Anniversary for my husband and I, but that was it. And you know what? It was a great trip! I just hope everyone remembers that WDW is a magical place just as it is. You don't need any extra pixie dust to make it memorable. Enjoy your time, and take in in the magic everywhere.

Here is the view from our roomIMG_4215.jpeg

Last edited:
Our Magical Express took about an hour to get from airport to hotel. We tried to nap because we had a full evening of MK ahead of us. My room text said to come to front desk so I did need to check in, despite my online checkin. Our room was exactly what I requested, full balcony. Since we were first floor it was actually full patio, and I enjoyed time people watching the path from Epcot to HS. We had a horrible meal at Beachclub Marketplace before heading to MK. It was our only bad meal of the trip, and we never went back. Bought a few muffins and fruit, but never had another meal there. The only thing edible were the homemade chips. Those were delicious, but the sandwiches were hard, and tasted like day old deli sandwiches.

So off to MK for the evening. I had FP for the fireworks, Peter Pan, and 7DMT. I didn't think the fireworks FP was worth it until we tried to leave the area. WOW, there were people. I am so glad we had space to relax and enjoy the fireworks, and castle lighting. I highly recommend the FP.

We were completely underwhelmed with PP. Why would anyone wait an hour for that ride? We haven't been to MK for a few years, so I'd forgotten what the ride was like. I'd definitely rate it as "skip it". The 7DMT was great, but we're more Space Mountain fans. I'm glad we did the ride, but I canceled my remaining FP for the rest of the week for that ride.

I had FP for A&E later in the week but the wait time was only 20 minutes at 9 pm so DD3 and I jumped in line while the other kids and DH headed to Splash and BTM. It was a wonderful experience. So worth it if you can find a FP or slow time.

I also have to recommend Mickey at Town Hall Theater. He talks, and was a great interaction.

MK_TSTHEATERBCHAR_7555046075.jpeg else.jpg

My DD3 loved every character interaction. I ended up skipping some FP just to wait in line to see characters again because she was all smiles.

I did not take pictures of our food. The only bad meal we had was at Beachclub Marketplace. Here's my dining critiques:

Cape May breakfast: Excellent, and the characters were wonderful. Since we were staying at Beach Club, this was definitely worthwhile.

Garden Grill lunch: delicious, and easy check in. So fun to be in a rotating restaurant. Chip and Dale were great!

Hollywood and Vine: I originally had the Minnie's dinner booked, but I switched to lunch with Disney Jr characters and my 3YO had the time of her life. The food was good, nothing special, but definitely decent. The dessert bar was fun.

Be Our Guest breakfast: They couldn't find our name, but we provided to reservation # and our res and preordered meal popped up. This was a great chance to sit down after being at the park for a few hours. I ordered one of almost everything for our table of 5, and it was delicious. I was worried about finding a table, but there were plenty available.

CRT: Of course you have to do this with a 3YO. I had the gnocchi, and it was amazing! We were too full so asked for our desserts to be boxed, and came home with 2 s'mores and 2 chocolate cakes. I actually loved the s'mores, even though I think they came from the kids menu. Check in for CRT was horrible. I don't know how hard it is to give your name, but we waited in line a long time. Kind of frustrating.

Akershus: Better than CRT, and only 1 table credit. Once again check in was horrible, and the CM was very rude. Waited in line to check in, then waited in a roped off area to be called. The food was worth it, but seriously Disney, solve this check in problem. The parade with princesses was fun to watch.

Tusker House: Probably the best food all week, but once again check in was crazy. We were sitting next to a table of 8 chairs that actually had 12 people. They were taking turns eating and standing, and kept apologizing to us. Not sure how Disney let that one slip through. Since we were in a corner, it made getting to our table a little complicated to weave through them. The restaurant is very loud, maybe trying to replicate an African market? But it was all worth it for the food. So many great salads.

ESPN Club: DD16 had to eat here, and it was good! A great break from WDW if you're at Epcot and want to escape out the back door for a few minutes.

Boardwalk Bakery: Yes, yes, yes, go here.

Last edited:

If my trip report can offer any advice, it's to attend Club Disney at HS. While the older kids did TOT and RNRC, DD3 and I relaxed at Club Disney and danced with Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Donald and Daisy. It wasn't listed on the times guide or map, so perhaps that's why crowds were so low. There's even a concession stand if you need food. Go, have a great time, and thank me later. club.jpg

Final summary: We made rope drop at MK and HS and would do it again in a heartbeat, and rope drop was 7 am at MK! That was an early morning, and I would have gone home right after the noon parade but we had CRT at 1 pm. We were dragging. My DS16 skipped the parade and CRT and went back for a nap. Those hours from 7 am to 9 am were magical. I wanted to do it again, but my family wanted HS again, not MK. (We are big RNRC and TOT fans, probably did each 10 times during our trip).

From 7 am to 9 am at MK we did everything we wanted before our 9 am BOG. DD3 and I were the first and only ones on Astro Orbiter, and stayed on for several cycles. We did the same thing at Barnstormer. My older 2 had several rides on SM before their stomachs needed a break. They were looking for people for ETWB, ("I've got 5 more" yelled the CM)) and there was no one in line at Pete's Circus meet and greets. It was so empty and wonderful. The Opening Show was nothing I would do again, but walking into an empty park with 200 or so of my closest friends was so worth it. There were more streaming in behind us but what a wonderful time. Thank you Disney for that extra hour of magic. We had already done 7DMT, PP and A&E so we stayed away from those. Maybe it was busier near those headliners.

I think the best of a Disney vacation is the feeling of "We need to go back." There was so much we didn't do because there isn't enough time. I'd like more time at World Showcase, we wanted to do Behind the Seeds tour, I'd like to visit AKL for a meal, and I never saw FOTL. The kids loved the Broadway show, but when choosing between a show and EE, the roller coaster always wins. So we'll be back again, probably not for a few years, and we'll try a new resort, and have a whole new experience.

I said we didn't get any special pixie dust, but my DD3 would disagree. We got a magic shot of her sleeping in the stroller, and Tinker Bell flew over and sprinkled pixie dust on her. It on our last night, and a perfect ending.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter