Who knew choking each other would earn us fastpasses?

Good for you for saying something! :thumbsup2 Language like that in a place full of kids is just unacceptable.

John and Mama are saints for being so patient while you rode Space Mountain! :goodvibes

I love all the close-up castle pictures. So pretty!

So sad that you are headed home.....you'd think it was my trip! I can almost feel you dragging the evening out as long as possible to make the magic last. **sigh**

good job on those teenagers. The one Cinderella fountain by the castle is cool. There is a crown on the wall and if you get the picture just right you can get the crown on her head, which you didn't do:rotfl:. I think you should try that next time.

Haha! Hunter's funny, facing backward for the picture. :lmao:

I normally am not a fan of waiting for a ride, but if it was my very last ride, on the very last night, and a great one on top of it, I think I'd wait too.

Sorry you had the poopheaded kids with bad language to deal with. They all need a good smack!:mad:
Seems like you made the most of your last night:thumbsup2 The dreaded drive home sounds, well..........dreadful!

I was a few updates behind...

As soon as Tigger left our table, he started making his rounds and some of the girls jumped up and, literally, pulled Tigger away from the next table. The castmember who was with Tigger was trying to get them to wait but they kept pulling him and acting as if they didn't understand English. They weren't fooling the castmember though and she started speaking Spanish and they sheepishly walked away.

This made me laugh out loud! :lmao: Good for that CM!!!

So sorry to hear about Hunter's classmate :sad1: and your boss' father. What an INCREDIBLE man he was though!!!! Wow! I'm still in a bit of shock over the 12 year old...I'm with you about when I was 12, my biggest concern was "When is dinner?" How very, very sad.

I turned to him and said in my "I'm being polite but don't mess with me voice"...."Listen there are kids in this line and you spitting out all those curse words just isn't going to cut it. Do yourself a favor and zip it now before I call one of those castmembers over there and tell them to throw you out for your filthy mouths. I know you'd rather ride Space Mountain than be tossed out on your butt so why don't you just give it a rest." They stammered around a little trying to decide if I was serious or if they should say something smart back. I think the handclapping of a couple of parents around me made up their mind and they said "sorry".

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I would have been one of the applauding parents rooting you on!

Good for you for saying something to the potty mouth teenagers. I can't stand when older kids talk like that around River, and you especially don't want to hear it at Disney on your last ride of the night.

Space Mountain was our last ride on our last trip also. They had emh until 3:00am and I have a picture of River getting on the ride at 2:59am and then we made our way to the front so slow because we wanted to drag it out. We left at 4:00am and the tram driver told us we were the last car in the parking lot! Is that sad that made me proud:blush:

You've done a great job of stretching those last hours in the Magic Kingdom!

I loved all your pictures from that night! Especially loved: the pictures of the front of the castle, looking up...great perspective! I also really like the one of the lamp post in Tomorrowland and the Cinderella fountain--beautiful!

Probably at that age I was one of those snot head kids...but now I am a Mom. I would've probably said something then too. It gets annoying and your kids don't need to learn a whole new vocabulary...especially at Disney.
I bet you are so excited for your upcoming trip. Are you going to meet up with Brook at all?

Love all your night time pictures at MK...especially of the castle up close!:goodvibes

Good for you for saying something to those kids!:thumbsup2

So sad that you're heading home....:sad1:

But...less than month and you will be heading back!!!:banana: Which reminds me I need to get back over to your PTR and catch up!!:)

Love all your night time pictures at MK...especially of the castle up close!:goodvibes

Good for you for saying something to those kids!:thumbsup2

So sad that you're heading home....:sad1:

But...less than month and you will be heading back!!!:banana: Which reminds me I need to get back over to your PTR and catch up!!:)

Thanks for the compliment. I thought the pictures turned out pretty good.

I am ready to get back to Walt Disney World!

Probably at that age I was one of those snot head kids...but now I am a Mom. I would've probably said something then too. It gets annoying and your kids don't need to learn a whole new vocabulary...especially at Disney.
I bet you are so excited for your upcoming trip. Are you going to meet up with Brook at all?

I don't remember ever being as obnoxious as some kids are now. I remember cutting jokes and stuff but not swearing up a storm in front of others!

You've done a great job of stretching those last hours in the Magic Kingdom!

I loved all your pictures from that night! Especially loved: the pictures of the front of the castle, looking up...great perspective! I also really like the one of the lamp post in Tomorrowland and the Cinderella fountain--beautiful!

I am the queen of stretching out our time in Disney! I hate to leave knowing it'll be another year before we go back.

Lisa you take fabulous photos especially at night...what kind of camera do you have?

It's just a point and shoot Sanyo. I bought it a couple of years ago at WalMart in Kissimmee when my camera died mid-trip.

Good for you for saying something to the potty mouth teenagers. I can't stand when older kids talk like that around River, and you especially don't want to hear it at Disney on your last ride of the night.

Space Mountain was our last ride on our last trip also. They had emh until 3:00am and I have a picture of River getting on the ride at 2:59am and then we made our way to the front so slow because we wanted to drag it out. We left at 4:00am and the tram driver told us we were the last car in the parking lot! Is that sad that made me proud:blush:

I don't understand the need to have every other word be a curse word....especially in a family oriented setting. :confused3

How neat that you were the last ones on Space Mountain for the night...or should I say morning? It's definitely I know I would have been proud of!

I agree! Loud and rowdy is annoying but understandable. Cursing and off color remarks are not acceptable anywhere. It's good that they were embarassed and cut it out when you said something. I almost never speak up either, but that would have gotten me to.

I can hold my tongue most of the time but when I had been stuck in line behind snotheads like them for a while, I couldn't help myself.

Hooray for saying something to those teens! I usually hold my tongue but I am with you in that the cussing can only go on so long before I have to say something! Some things I can tolerate, and some things I just can't let slide!

Great pictures at night. I keep coaching myself to slow down enough to check out the details on this trip! I did in 2009 but last year it seemed as though we ran through so many things!! And my memory is very foggy on those details from '09!!

Okay so what is it, like 30 days until "next year"!?!?!? :woohoo: I'm at 31 days and I believe you arrive just before us! :yay:

I usually wouldn't haven't said anything to the teenagers but there were so many kids around and we were in a very "intimate" setting a/k/a smooshed together in a queue and I couldn't stand it any more!

I remember the days of running around the parks trying to fit everything in. That was before we decided to add more days to our vacation. What started out as a 5 day vacation has now turned into an 11 day vacation. If I had the option, I'd bump it up to two weeks!

I'm sure all the other parents in line were very grateful to you for silencing the teenagers. I hate it when people use bad language in front of my boys any time, but at Disney, it would make me even angrier.

I love all the pictures of Tomorrowland and the Castle.

The man and his son who were in line right beside me were definitely thankful that I said something. The dad said he was just about to say something himself.

GOOD FOR YOU! I would have been clapping, too. I am ALWAYS careful not to swear around kids. I also can't stand it when there's a group of unruly teenagers who think they are acting "cool". It makes me happy to know you stood up to them!

I don't usually curse too much and when I do it's either the S word or the D word. If I do curse, it's very rare that it's in front of my kids or other kids.

I don't blame you for not wanting to leave on your last night, I try to stretch it as much as I can too. Good for you for saying something to those kids. I bet you are getting excited about your next trip, both our trips are coming up pretty quick!

Oh I was steeeeeetching the night out as long as I could.

Good for you for saying something! :thumbsup2 Language like that in a place full of kids is just unacceptable.

John and Mama are saints for being so patient while you rode Space Mountain! :goodvibes

I love all the close-up castle pictures. So pretty!

So sad that you are headed home.....you'd think it was my trip! I can almost feel you dragging the evening out as long as possible to make the magic last. **sigh**

When we got back to Mama and John, they weren't real happy but they did realize that it was something that couldn't be helped. I wish we had of found a castmember and asked that they let us leave via the "chicken" exit so they wouldn't have had to wait so long.

good job on those teenagers. The one Cinderella fountain by the castle is cool. There is a crown on the wall and if you get the picture just right you can get the crown on her head, which you didn't do:rotfl:. I think you should try that next time.

I totally forgot about lining up the crown on her head! I've done that before but forgot this time. It probably had something to do with the fact that I took it in the wee hours of the morning.

Haha! Hunter's funny, facing backward for the picture. :lmao:

I normally am not a fan of waiting for a ride, but if it was my very last ride, on the very last night, and a great one on top of it, I think I'd wait too.

Hunter is such a goofball! He has his daddy's personality for sure.

I didn't want to wait that long and should have asked a castmember to let us out of line but we really wanted to get that last Space Mountain ride in.

Sorry you had the poopheaded kids with bad language to deal with. They all need a good smack!:mad:
Seems like you made the most of your last night:thumbsup2 The dreaded drive home sounds, well..........dreadful!

The kids were sooooo obnoxious! I always wonder what their mothers and dads would think of them acting that way.

I was a few updates behind...

This made me laugh out loud! :lmao: Good for that CM!!!

So sorry to hear about Hunter's classmate :sad1: and your boss' father. What an INCREDIBLE man he was though!!!! Wow! I'm still in a bit of shock over the 12 year old...I'm with you about when I was 12, my biggest concern was "When is dinner?" How very, very sad.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I would have been one of the applauding parents rooting you on!

I couldn't believe the news when I heard about Hunter's friend. It just broke my heart. I can't imagine what he was going through at the time he killed himself. So very sad.

I was pretty proud of myself for saying something to the teenagers. I usually don't do something like that but I couldn't help myself.

I found additional pictures that I took at the Magic Kingdom. Those pictures shed some light on other things we did (but I couldn't remember if we had :upsidedow) before we went to Fantasyland again. I'm writing up the installment now then I'll finish up with the dreaded drive home.

I guess it's about time I wrapped this trip report up since it's been almost a year since we were in Walt Disney World. Very rarely do I look at the "stats" of my trip report (or anyone else's for that matter) but, for some reason, I noticed them this morning. I have 2,631 posts and 197,879 views on this report. Holy moly! I can't believe it!

Now that I've gone back through Photobucket and looked at my pictures, I "remember" that, while in Adventureland, we took a ride on the Jungle Cruise. This was our first time (can you believe it) that we had ridden it at night. I was only able to capture two pictures and they aren't good at all. I can't believe that one of the two pictures I got was one of a snake. I hate snakes!:eek:

102_4200.jpg

The other one:

102_4201.jpg

Once we were done with the Jungle Cruise, we got in line for Aladdin's Magic Carpets. Mama said she didn't want to ride and would just take a seat on a nearby bench and wait for us. Some semi-crappy pictures I took while waiting in line and while on the ride:

102_4212.jpg

102_4210.jpg

102_4203.jpg

Hunter:

102_4204.jpg

Hunter being his natural silly self. He was doing some serious carpet driving:

102_4205.jpg

102_4207.jpg

One last one while soaring above Adventureland:

102_4208.jpg

We could see Mama sitting on the bench and every time we came around, we would try to get her attention. Finally, at just about the last time around, she spotted us and waved to us. I giggled like a little girl when she waved. I love my Mama!:hug:

Now that we had done everything in Adventureland, THAT'S when we did everything in the last couple of posts......Haunted Mansion....Snow White....Fantasyland....Space Mountain.

WAIT! On our way over to Fantasyland, I tried taking a picture of the castle:

102_4199.jpg

Yeah...didn't turn out too good did it.:rolleyes1

**Up next, driving home.:sad1:

What a great picture of you guys! :goodvibes

This is too funny! :laughing:

GOOD FOR YOU FOR SAYING SOMETHING TO THOSE KIDS!!!! Oh how I hate when people ruin other people's time by being obnoxious. You're in Disney, for goodness sakes! Try to be well-mannered! I would have absolutely been cheering you on, had I gotten over my irrational fear of hitting my head while riding Space Mountain (I have no idea why I'm always compelled to duck, I'm 5'5"!)

Boo, heading home stinks, doesn't it? :sad2:

:sad1: Aww. The drive home.

At least you're writing about your drive home in the same month that you're driving back!! :dance3:

That's right! I never ever thought it would take me this long to write a trip report but we did so much and I took so many pictures. I can't make myself leave anything out.

What a great picture of you guys! :goodvibes

This is too funny! :laughing:

GOOD FOR YOU FOR SAYING SOMETHING TO THOSE KIDS!!!! Oh how I hate when people ruin other people's time by being obnoxious. You're in Disney, for goodness sakes! Try to be well-mannered! I would have absolutely been cheering you on, had I gotten over my irrational fear of hitting my head while riding Space Mountain (I have no idea why I'm always compelled to duck, I'm 5'5"!)

Boo, heading home stinks, doesn't it? :sad2:

Thank you! I thought the picture of John and I was pretty good considering that it was taken in the wee hours of the morning. Isn't Hunter the silliest thing ever? He has such a quick wit about him.

I was hesitant to say anything to the teenagers but, after hearing the F word for like the 1,000th time, I had to say something.

I have to say Lisa...I am very happy you took this long...it won't be long and a new one by you will be started! :thumbsup2

yay....love the Jungle Cruise! We just rode it at night for the first time as well!

Cute pictures of Hunter "driving" his carpet! I'm not sure I'd want to be his passenger. :scared1:

I always like to ride Jungle Cruise twice, once in the day and once a night it really does feel like two different rides. I'm sorry your tr is ending but at least I get to look forward to a new one very soon!

I rode Jungle Cruise at night for the first time last November. It definitely has a different feel to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter