• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who knew choking each other would earn us fastpasses?

Please keep my boss and his family in your prayers. His father passed away today after a lengthy illness. He suffered a stroke over a month ago, was taken to the hospital and was there until his death. As is usually the case of a lengthy stay in the hospital, he got pneumonia. To further complicate things, they found that he had some type of fungus in his sinuses and it quickly spread throughout his body.

Although my boss' family are not religious, per se, I am sure that they would appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

I'm not very religious either, but I do appreciate thoughts and prayers so I will be sending positive vibes their way. It's sad, but hopefully his father is not hurting anymore and is in a better place.

Sorry to hear of your bosses father. I will keep them all in my thoughts. I'm sure a prayer can be comforting to anyone:hug:

Sorry about your boss's Dad. I will definitely keep him & his family in my thoughts. :hug:

Of course, you can post a link to your trip report here. I wanna read it!

Hey - as promised - here's a link to my first ever attempt at a trip report: "All Alone in the World - Whatever Did I Do?"

Please keep my boss and his family in your prayers. His father passed away today after a lengthy illness. He suffered a stroke over a month ago, was taken to the hospital and was there until his death. As is usually the case of a lengthy stay in the hospital, he got pneumonia. To further complicate things, they found that he had some type of fungus in his sinuses and it quickly spread throughout his body.

Although my boss' family are not religious, per se, I am sure that they would appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Your boss and his family are in my thoughts. He's lucky to have a wonderful person like you to support him in this time so that his focus can be with his family, where it needs to be.

Happy 13th Birthday Hunter .. Happy Annversery Lisa... Happy 1st visit Lisa's Mama I think or Lisa's Husbant Mom I dont know ... Hahaha:laughing:

Thank you all so much for the thoughts and prayers. My boss (Jr.) and his family are dealing with the death pretty well. Jr. has not taken a day off work since his father's death (Sr.) on Monday. Sr. was a retired civil rights attorney and while on his death bed, he managed to tell my boss that he loved him and to keep fighting for his clients. Jr. took what he said literally and went to court the day after Paul Sr. died. I am afraid that it is going to catch up with him though and encouraged him to take this afternoon and tomorrow off. I did get him to take this afternoon off and we'll see about tomorrow.

We have been receiving telephone calls from all over the United States....the New York Times, the Associated Press, television stations and from the NAACP. It seems as if Sr. was an infamous man.

Sr. began practicing civil rights law in Louisiana in the 1960's. Back then, it was almost unheard of for a white lawyer to represent an African American or any minority. He and his family were ostracized because of the type of law practice he had. They received death threats, bomb threats, his office was burned, he had a knife held to his throat by a law enforcement officer and as a teenager, my boss was even jumped from behind and left beaten and with a broken leg by some people who didn't like his father and the things he stood up for. These are only the things that Sr. had spoken of. Jr. said he knows that there were other incidences but Sr. didn't tell them about them all.

People either loved Sr. or they hated him. They either respected him or they despised him And, you know what? He didn't care one way or the other. He simply wanted everybody to have equal rights and he fought as long as he could to make sure that they did.

I know that Jr. and his family are proud of what Sr. accomplished in his 75 years. I can certainly see why!

Wow! Sounds like someone should write his father's life's story. Once things settle down and your boss isn't dealing with all the stresses surrounding his father's death, maybe you could suggest he either start journaling his father's experiences or maybe get a ghost writer to work with him. Even if he doesn't get it published, he will be glad he did it while there is still someone to tell his story. It sounds like his father made history and put everything on the line for what he believed.

Wow, that is pretty amazing! Sounds like a very interesting and dedicated man. Glad Jr. had good words from Dad before he died.

Lisa - that story is amazing! I'm proud of what Sr. was able to accomplish and I don't even know him!

He was a gruff ornery cuss but he was able to do a lot of amazing things!

Wow, that is pretty amazing! Sounds like a very interesting and dedicated man. Glad Jr. had good words from Dad before he died.

I was so happy that his dad was able to talk to Jr. and his family in those last few moments. He had been in and out of it for weeks.

Wow! Sounds like someone should write his father's life's story. Once things settle down and your boss isn't dealing with all the stresses surrounding his father's death, maybe you could suggest he either start journaling his father's experiences or maybe get a ghost writer to work with him. Even if he doesn't get it published, he will be glad he did it while there is still someone to tell his story. It sounds like his father made history and put everything on the line for what he believed.

Sr. had a few people approach him and ask if he would be interested in putting his life's story into words. I think it would have been an awesome read. Maybe Jr. or his mother will decide to do it one day.

Things are still busy around the office today....still taking phone calls, talking with people who stop by, etc. I tried my best to get my boss to stay at home today but he just can't do it. I'm pretty sure he's trying to keep his mind occupied so the doesn't think about his dad's death too much.

I am hoping to get this trip report finished up in the next day or so. Bear with me!

Sr. was a great man to be able to endure the 1960's as a civil rights attorney! I couldn't imagine the kind of resistance he must have faced. Thanks for sharing that with us. I think it would be wonderful if someone could write his biography.

Sending thoughts and prayers to your boss. It sounds like his dad was a remarkable man! Thanks for sharing his story!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter