Who is new on PCC 3.0?

This is my first cruise ever, and I haven't a clue as to what I'm doing. It's all very overwhelming and so different from planning a Disney trip. I'm relying on others to help me along.

No problem Nikki. Just step onto this plank..... pirate:

Amanda - First I send enough time in doctor's offices to tell you -- Relax. Just breathe, this isn't suppose to hurt. :rotfl2:

I am not sure about how the pillowcase signing works. All the trips we have done of Disney have been since our children were grown although we are looking forward to bringing our grand-daughter in the future.

I do know some about the autograph books. Each day in the daily news a schedule of which character who will be in the Atrium is posted. I have seen children there with autograph books. Just like in the parks it is smart to have a pen and camera ready. In addition we have gone to Guest Services early in our sailing and provided them with a picture or picture matting we wanted signed by either a specific character or group of characters like the Fab Five.

I don't think you should stress over the dress code. Polo shirts and sundresses are going to be just fine. I am not sure how strict the issue of shorts is in the main dining rooms especially for children. My experience has been that as long as you use common sense you will be fine. Disney is a more casual cruising experience because it caters to families.

Pirate night -- you will see some people dressed in their pirate finery, you will see more people wearing tee-shirts that are pirate in nature, and you will see lots of people wearing a bandana and eye patch. The one thing you will hopefully see on everyone is a smile because they are having a good time. Be prepared to get on the outdoor dance floor with your kids and laugh lots with them. It will make you the best mom in your kids' eyes.

Now no more stressing - it is not good for you. :rotfl:

Looking forward to meeting you.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

:lmao:
Thanks for making me laugh!!!
It's funny because when we first started going to Disney, I didn't realize that I was supposed to know a lot of things. We just went and figured things out. Each trip was a bit more organized until I reached the point where being too organized was making it NOT a vacation. ;) But I know where I need to plan (dining ADRs, for example, but even that can be finessed) and where I can let things just happen. Since we've never cruised, I just don't know anything! We are New Yorkers so I generally think we tend to dress up more than other people (my sister lives in the San Francisco area and I'm always surprised by how casual the dress code is out there!). I'm sure we'll be fine with no planning but I don't want to miss out on something cool (for my kids - really! :laughing: ) because I didn't know about it.
My autograph book question was more so I know if I can get away with ONE autograph book for the kids to share or if I need THREE autograph books so my kids don't fight (and, yes, my children can find anything to fight over - even on vacation!). If it's character meet and greets and not casually at the kids clubs, I'll make one and let them share.
And I'm totally dancing with my kids. As much as possible! We have dance parties in the kitchen while cooking dinner so I'm certain ready to dance the night away!!!

I'm not on this cruise but I can help you with this. Put your pillowcases in ziplock bags with your name and cabin number displayed on the bag. Turn them into Guest Services the DAY your cruise begins. The bags will be returned to you by the day you return home.

Awesome! Thanks!!!

I think they actually have a form created for this now. :rotfl2:

Also, make sure to include sharpies if there's a certain color you want used.

I bought a huge assortment of colors so we'll pick a few and put them in the bag with the pillowcases. Thanks!

Amanda

Just wanted to add that a PodCast Cruise is not the time to be "too organized". There will be lots of things to do on board in addition to the normal DCL stuff. The DIS/Dreams folks will be organizing special events just for us. There should be a schedule published before we leave, but that's entirely up to John the genius.

You'll also find that impromptu groups of DIS'ers will decide to just hit a lounge after dinner one night and all are welcome. Some of the most fun times can be had during these get togethers.

Just wanted to add that a PodCast Cruise is not the time to be "too organized". There will be lots of things to do on board in addition to the normal DCL stuff. The DIS/Dreams folks will be organizing special events just for us. There should be a schedule published before we leave, but that's entirely up to John the genius.

You'll also find that impromptu groups of DIS'ers will decide to just hit a lounge after dinner one night and all are welcome. Some of the most fun times can be had during these get togethers.

Thanks Jeff! I'm not a color-coded excel spreadsheet kind of girl anyway! :lmao: I haven't thought about day by day activities. I think I've read enough to be dangerous to myself. It's the "oh no what if there's some special secret thing that my kids will miss because I didn't know enough to know about it" fear. I think I'm good now! :thumbsup2

Amanda

This will be the first cruise for all of us, and we're eager with anticipation! We don't know what to expect, for sure. It seems like the more research we do, the less we "know" about what will happen!

I'm not a frequent poster on these boards, but I am hoping to meet some fellow DISers and get to know some folks. It's like a mega-meet over several days, so I'm looking forward to the podcast activities. I'm not the best at meeting new people, but my wife is legendary! I'm sure I'll get to know a bunch of you just because she's with me, lol!

We're ready to sail!

I'm not the best at meeting new people, but my wife is legendary! I'm sure I'll get to know a bunch of you just because she's with me, lol!

Had to chuckle at this. It works similar with Val & I. I do a lot of posting here but you practically never see my wife posting. In person though its a totally different story. Like you, I meet a lot of people just by being with her!

In regards to clothes - during the day I typically wear shorts and a t shirt

For dinner, typically capris and a shirt or a skirt and shirt or I have a long knit dress

For pirate night, I have a Disney pirate t shirt and capris

:)

Had to chuckle at this. It works similar with Val & I. I do a lot of posting here but you practically never see my wife posting. In person though its a totally different story. Like you, I meet a lot of people just by being with her!

I will always treasure my memories of Val from the 2011 Food and Wine Classic! I will never forget the parts that I remember.;)

I will always treasure my memories of Val from the 2011 Food and Wine Classic! I will never forget the parts that I remember.;)

Hope you'll be at the 2012 Food and Wine Classic as well Skip.

Looking forward to seeing you on board PCC 3.0.

Hope you'll be at the 2012 Food and Wine Classic as well Skip.

Looking forward to seeing you on board PCC 3.0.

Indeed, I will be at the Classic on October 12, 2012.

According to the Down Syndrome website, the Lake Eola Buddy Walk is on October 13, so I am planning to be there for Ferris too.

I will also be on both cruises.

I am longing to be in Florida right now, but I have to work to pay for all this fun.:)

This is our first Disney Cruise (it's my second, but the first was on the QE II which I anticipate will be much different from this cruise).

I suggest you go back and listen to the Dis show dated 11/17/10. It is called a Disney Cruise Line Primer, and the Dis Roundtable crew answers many questions you may have. The reference ship is the Dream, so it is applicable to our cruise. That show was before Podcast Cruise 2.0 but 3.0 is mentioned.

Just don't get envious hearing about all the incredible guests they had on that cruise compared to 3.0.

:welcome: hrngffcr

You're right - PCC 3.0 won't be at all like QE2. I'll be interested to hear afterwards which you would rather do again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter