Who Is Going Camping On Labor Day Weekend 2016 and Where?

After a lot of research we just bought a Winegard Pathway x2 and the Dish ViP 211z. It has the biggest reflector and can pick up 2 satellites (E&W) at the same time. It also can support 2 TVs. I found the best prices at Wal-Mart.com. What I saved we used to buy the tripod. We do already have Dish at home.

Denise, that's a good antenna especially if you will be traveling around the country, particularly up towards the Northeast.

Having the ability to see the eastern satellites is HUGE. These Tailgater antennas are Western arc only - they are designed to serve MOST of the US but not all in reality. I took it up to Ohio last fall and the 129W satellite was only 29 degrees above the horizon. It's hard to get up over the trees anywhere with only 29 degrees. It couldn't get a signal and I understand why. Trees will always be an issue but being able to point more upright at the satellite is a big help. So if you plan to travel up towards the northeast, being able to use either the eastern or western arc will pay off.

At Deerlick with my little SD dish I didn't worry about level. To aim at the 101W Directv bird I tipped it back 49 degrees so all I needed (and had) was a mostly leaf/branch-free view at 208 azimuth (no skew of course). The guy in the site next to me had the King Tailgater 2 (the dish I had last year) and he had to mount his up on a pine tree trunk about 30 feet off the ground to get ANY connection.

Hope you get a lot of use out of your Pathway x2. :happytv:

Bama Ed

PS - it's good your antenna serves two tv's at the same time so you can watch your HGTV and Frank can watch the BassMaster weigh-ins. :thumbsup2

PPS - I hate I missed Randy aiming the dish at Gulf but I will make it a point to watch him next year. It might almost be as much fun as watching folks back in when they arrive.

Last edited:
We usually watch very little TV while camping. With a BIG trip coming up we thought we'd have something to do if it rains or is super cold. We just have 1 TV in the camper. How did you know we have some fishing channels in our package? ;)

I wonder if he is as "Successful" as your childhood hero too? :lmao:

The answer would be yes!

4qANoeI3g45a0.gif

After a lot of research we just bought a Winegard Pathway x2 and the Dish ViP 211z. It has the biggest reflector and can pick up 2 satellites (E&W) at the same time. It also can support 2 TVs. I found the best prices at Wal-Mart.com. What I saved we used to buy the tripod. We do already have Dish at home.
We didn't get to use this here at Manatee Hammock, too many trees no signal. Hopefully we can try it out at The Fort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter