Most accurate crowd calendar

• touringplans

• dadsguide

• easywdw

• undercover tourist

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a strange comment (in bold.) It's possible for a person make money in OTHER ways. Plenty of people have real jobs and whatnot and still manage to run a blog. Or maybe he does have a trust fund. Who cares? I, as just some random person on the internet, am not too concerned about where Josh gets his money.

EasyWDW has a forum section, and I've seen plenty of people there giving Josh feedback fairly often. He has also posted numerous times on his site that a better layout is in the works. He is well aware of things that need to be re-worked. I've been following his blog for almost a year now. With no future trip to WDW coming up, I still enjoy reading the blog all the time.

I think one reason I enjoy his blog is because it just seems different than others I've read. His point of view seems more fresh or something. I also enjoy the massive amount of photos he posts in each blog entry. I've read the TP blog quite a few times and it just seems like a lot of the same regurgitated 'info' I've seen a million times before with a small smattering of photos (often those photos aren't even taken by the person writing the blog.) So to me, that's just another way EasyWDW stands out from the pack of Disney bloggers.

But I suppose I've veered off track since this thread is about crowd calendars and not the actual blog aspect. Ha! Just wanted to post my point of view even though I know it's much different than many people. I'm sure many people feel the exact same way about other Disney blog sites, and that's perfectly fine too. Everyone has their own preferences.

I know plenty of people can run blogs and have other jobs, but if Josh really goes to the parks every day for daily updates, eventually the blog will have to be profitable, because that kind of daily commitment is huge. I'm not concerned with where Josh gets his money. I just gave some feedback and it wasn't well taken by a Josh fan.

I think the volume on posts on this thread has caused mine to lose context. I was merely responding to someone who got offended because I suggested I'd find easyWDW more appealing if there was a redesign. She basically suggested I was rude because the site is free and that I might consider paying for a web designer for him. Obviously she was defending him where no defense was needed, because it's clear now that even he wants a redesign. So I was mostly responding to that poster. :)

Each person will find what they like in various crowd calendars.

I didn't care for the tone of Len's post either and he must have gotten the hint since he hasn't posted to this thread in a while. As far as Easywdw is concerned, I think it's pretty obvious that a large majority of folks prefer to have some context & explanation instead of just a bunch of numbers (which often change with no explanation as to why). It's also been previously stated (and evidently ignored) that Josh has announced that the web site is being re-designed although I personally don't haven any trouble navigating the site. And for the record, I have no affiliation to Josh or the web site - just like his product and his style (like many others).

Gotten the hint? There was no hint. It was plainly obvious that some were determined to assign a malicious intent where none existed. That sort of response DOES generally drive people away.

Gotten the hint? There was no hint. It was plainly obvious that some were determined to assign a malicious intent where none existed. That sort of response DOES generally drive people away.

Via: http://www.easywdw.com/news/clerical-4/

disney-gif-u-mad.gif

Hard to follow that…. Talk about imperial data.
Full Disclosure: I am in Josh’s camp and also fully admit that I have defended TP in the past, on these very boards! (before someone pulls out a link from my posting pass).

While I think the poll should have included an option to vote for “On any given day, any site has a 50% chance of being correct”… I toss my hat in for EZWDW for the all the reasons already posted in favor of it. While TP is very good at doing everything that has been posted, it’s as Josh posted/pointed out, one gets me better prepared.

On his podcast Len definitely comes off as friendly and, also like Josh, has unique sense of humor which I enjoy. However, there is a difference between him trading humorous/witty barbs with Matt/MikeN/MikeS versus such dialogue with potential/existing customers who have never engaged him or realized it’s him. Brother, it came off a little oftputting, but Hey-- these are the DisBoards, what am I saying?

This was a simple poll, but sadly some cannot post without the need to ram their views down peoples throats. If you were enjoying this poll...too bad as it is now closed :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter