Who do i rent from?

DERSmom

Earning My Ears
Hi all! Long time reader...first post. I'm planning my families very 1st Disney World trip and I have questions for the experts! We're a family of 6...my DH, myself, and 4 children. Ages 11,10,7 and 6. We've decided to leave our house in Missouri and drive to Florida. Crazy, I know, but renting a car is sooooo much cheaper than any flights I've found. Our dates are June 6-June 14. We're hoping to catch the last Star Wars weekend, so that's as late as we can go. Ok, so I've found the YES individual program enrollment for the kiddos to take the classes, they're pretty excited. We thought we could save some money on tickets AND make a day of our vacation somewhat educational. Win-Win! That being said, we're going to buy the 5 day passes, no park hopper and now it's time to find a rental. I've searched and searched for a reasonably priced hotel suite, off resort, but the space and price are nowhere near comparable to what I could find for a rental house/condo.

Couple of questions, if you don't mind?

1. Is the YES program worth the savings? For all of us, we'd save almost $400 on tickets.
2. I've looked at orlandovillas..com, VRBO and home away...are the reputable? I'm so scared to put a deposit down for a place and have it be terrible! We'd like a pool, at least 2 bedrooms and somewhat close to the parks. I've found one for $650 for a 3 bedroom with a pool (a house) with a $250 deposit on Orlando villas. Good deal?
3. We're trying to do this trip for $4k and under. Am I dreaming??
-tickets $1300
-house $900
-food $1000 (eat at our rentals and bring lunch)
-car $800 this includes rental and gas
-
The kids all have money for souvenirs that they've saved over the last year, DH and I aren't big spenders on "stuff", so spending money will be very little

If i could get help on who YOU go through for a rental, id really appreciate it!!

Renting a house....
Last summer my husband's family came over from Germany....

I rented a house in the area from Main Gate Villas

www.maingatevillas.com
I did everything by email and snail mail. Had no problems whatsoever.

The home owner's name is Julie.

Good luck with your search.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter