Who can tell me about "Dreams Villas of Orlando"?

PanamaMike

DIS Veteran
I know they are a DIS sponsor but I'm looking for opinions from people who have stayed there.

Thank you.

...and very close to the parks.

I stayed in one of the 4 bedroom/3 bath villas with my family and my sister's family (4 adults, 5 children) and we were surprised at how much room we had. And comparing to disney prices would have gotten us just two small hotel rooms in a value resort.

The place was very clean, and already stocked with just about whatever you need. I won't give away what the gifts were from Dreams Villas, but they were great and my children are still excited when they get to use them now 3 months later.

Location was great...amongst everything you need on the main entrance road into Disney, but also right near Hwy 536 (??) which cuts away from the traffic and leads to EPCOT. Gated community. Nice Swimming Pool. Nice Pond. Nice Playground area.

I am a bargain hunter, but also want to stay in a nice place. Dreams Villas was great (stayed for 7 nights in February 2009) and although my next trip is not until January 2011, I don't plan on staying anywhere else.

I know they are a DIS sponsor but I'm looking for opinions from people who have stayed there.

Thank you.

Panamamike,

Panamamike,

They say, …..The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I meant to do a review of the Villas when I returned. I never did get to it. Here is a summary of my thoughts.

I/we loved the place. It was truly a home away from home. Our group has been going to WDW once a year since 1996. We’ve always been a “must stay on-site at all costs” type of guest. With the addition of a baby – now toddler, we thought that staying offsite would be more convenient for him, as well the parents. So, the quest began to find something close to WDW property and be reasonably priced. We found such a place with the Dreams Villa.

We rented a 4 bedroom villa in Dec 08 for 8 days. I traveled with 3 other adults and one 2yr old. The villa provided each of us with our own private space, and the convenience of a full kitchen and living room. The weather was a bit chilly, but as a northerner we did end up using the heated pool a few times. The villa is close to WDW property, a Publix grocery store, a Super Target, gas stations, and chain restaurants. It’s a gated community, so security it good. It’s so nice to be able to break mid-day from the parks, head back “home” to relax & recharge, and then head back to the parks in the evening. The stay was SO enjoyable our group is heading back to WDW next week, 5/7. We re-booked the same villa.

I would be very hard pressed to stay on property again. I do miss some of the benefits, e.g. extra magic hours, Disney theme, but the convenience, price, and relaxation of the villa offset those feelings. John (owner of the villa) could not be nicer to deal with. Keep in mind a car is a necessity.

If you have any specific questions, just ask.

Thanks for the replies.

Good to learn of your positive experiences.

I have a family trip scheduled for next February and have rented a 4 bedroom unit for 9 nights.

Hello! My family and I stayed at the Dreams Villas the first week of March 2009. A friend of mine who is a regular on this web site put me on to the place. As an owner of a Wyndham Condo I compare every place I stay to the accomodations we have grown to expect at Wyndham. I can tell you that we were extremely satisfied with our week long stay. Everything went like clock work. We checked in at the main gate, got our parking pass and were on our way to our condo. I loved that we did not have to check in like at other condos. We simply went to our unit, followed the check in directions and we were good to go.

The condo had everything we needed to feel like we were at home and although we did not need them, the unit we had was equipped with a high chair, pack and play, stroller and safety gate for the stairs. My girls-ages 4 and 6 loved the pool, probably as much as WDW! The other nice thing were the Disney movies-right in the condo! This is usually something that you have to pay extra to use!

I have already checked my dates for next year and am hopeful to stay again. It is a great place!

Hi Panama Mike!

We just recently stayed at Dream Villas April 2-12 of this year. Everything was great! I am a DVC owner at Old Key West, but this trip included 2 Moms, 1 Aunt, 1 Grandma, 2 Teen girls, and 1 early 20 guy. We needed all four bedrooms to get the right sleeping configurations. The amount of space you get for the price is a real value.

When we arrived the unit was very clean and had lots of "extras" like left over laundry soap and dishwasher soap. We really appreciated the directions to both the Disney and Universal parks as we spent time at both. On our 4th day there we experienced a maintainance issue and called and left a voice mail describing the problem. When we returned from the parks that evening we found a note saying the problem had been fixed and it was!

We spent time each evening in the pool/hot tub and met a lot of nice people. Our unit was very close to the pool which we appreciated.

We cooked most of our evening meals in the unit. The kitchen lacks storage space, but we made do by storing most of the dry foods we had purchased in the master bedroom closet on a shelving unit. We could have used a 9 X 13 baking dish, but other than that the pans/dishes in the unit were sufficient.

The gated aspect of the community is nice, but overall the area seems very safe and I am not sure the gate is really needed. The community was very quiet at night.

Overall we were very pleased with our stay and would not hesitate to book the Villa again if needed. We received our security deposit back within 3 days after returning from Florida!

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter