White noise source in hotel?

Cameo

DIS Veteran
My kids sleep with an air cleaner or a humidifier always running in their rooms. I'm thinking it will be awful quiet in the hotel room. We have successfully taken other trips, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a small, portable white noise "something" (air cleaner, maybe) that can be packed in the suitcase and brought with.

The Discovery Channel store has a really nice, relatively small nature sounds machine. It is about 6x6 but only 1 1/2 inches thick. It runs on 2 AA batteries and has something like 10 sounds. I actually use it for my DD.

Wal-mart has a super cheap noise machine that is wonderful. It's under 10 bucks and has like 8 choices including the basic white noise. We have two in our home and we never travel without one. DS even takes his along to sleep overs. It pretty much drowns out outside noise.

Jordan's mom

Hi - we sleep with a fan on every night. So we use the "fan" part of the "thermastat box" (heater/AC) that's in every room. It drowns out quite a bit :p

We need that white noise, also. Has anyone seen an air purifier small enough for car travel? That would be great! Perhaps get that hotel smell to a minimum!

we use a fan as well, each and every night :)

it WILL be coming with us to WDW (what a lucky fan!)

We took a small oscilating fan with us (K-mart, $10) when we went in Feb. We also will turn on the bathroom exhust fan if needed for extra white noise. Yes, the suitcase that the fan was in was always opened by security. Be careful what you pack with your fan/noise machine!;)

This thread has made me laugh...we too sleep with an air purifier on. It has saved my marriage as it drowns out DH's snoring. All my kids have slept with us as babies and toddlers so they are also white noise kids. I remember our special trip to Lowe's to buy DD her very own air purifier when she moved into her own room...ahhh the memories!!

We usually just go without on vacation. At a place like Disney, we're usually so exhausted nothing can stop us from sleeping.

I honestly thought I was the only "nut" who brought a small fan for white noise everywhere I go. Everyone teases me about it, but when I travel with people who don't use one at home, they love it. Glad all of us "normal" people can help out the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter