Which would you choose for dinner: CRT or BOG?

MamaKate

Simply meant to be...
Hello~ I need some input because I'm having a hard time figuring out which meal to choose. I have ADR's for both Cinderella's Royal Table and Be Our Guest for dinner and would like to get opinions on which you would choose and why?

We will have a 2 year old and 6 year old with us. I do prefer the time I have for CRT. But as far as food, atmosphere and such, which would you pick?

Thanks!

Are either your little ones interested in princesses? CRT is a character meal, featuring princesses. BOG is not a character meal per se, although the Beast is usually available to meet guests after they've finished dinner (he doesn't come around to the tables). At CRT, kids are also given a wishing star and either a sword or wand (adults can request one as well).

In terms of food, neither place really wowed me, but I think BOG had the slight edge.

In terms of atmosphere, that depend a lot on where you're seated in BOG and how much you like Beauty and the Beast. The West Wing is the most impressive of the rooms and really makes you feel like you're in the Beauty and the Beast movie. It's on the dark side and there are storm sounds periodically (which can be frighting to some). The main dining room, where the majority of the tables are located, is supposed to be themed after the Beast's Ballroom. It nice enough, but it mostly reminded me of a large conference center dining room or banquet hall. Aside from a few touches, I really couldn't say it reminded me of Beauty and the Beast very much. In terms of CRT's atmosphere, I think they did a good job theming it to the restaurant. I like that they have a little introduction before each character comes out. I would say it's a toss up between CRT and BOG's West Wing, but CRT's atmosphere is better than the BOG's Ballroom. Because you can't request (or at least not consistently) which room to be seated in, I would give CRT the edge here.

Overall, if you have a little one that likes Princesses, I would go to CRT. If your kids are ambivalent about princesses, but price isn't a factor, I would also select CRT. My general preference is to have CRT for dinner and BOG at lunch (because you can usually select which room to be seated and I actually liked the lunch food better).

From my 5 year old "I really really really loved them both but I really liked Cinderella's castle because it was a castle and it was yummy in my stomach. I just really liked the princesses."

We ate at both restaurants a few weeks ago - BOG for dinner and CRT for lunch. I think if you've got princess-obsessed littles I'd go with CRT especially if the time is better (it can be so hard to time meals at Disney). The princesses were fun and the girls (5 and 9) thought it was cool to get the wand and wishing star. We enjoyed the food at BOG but the service was lacking. As mentioned, the main room gets pretty loud. We did get a great picture with the Beast which was pretty cool. So really, you can't go wrong. I just think my 5 year old might not always appreciate the princesses like she did this trip. It was fun to watch her with them.

Have a great trip!

My daughter loved CRT as a younger girl and BOG as an older kid (and I agree with this age wise). I liked the food better at CRT.

My little one loved meeting the Beast, but the food didn't impress us. We cancelled our second dinner there because we really didn't like the food. I also haven't made any ressies to go back to BOG in our next 3 trips because of the food. We did like the atmosphere, so if you haven't been it may be worth it to you. I would chose CRT over BOG, but that is based on your kids wanting to meet a princess.

My little one loved meeting the Beast, but the food didn't impress us. We cancelled our second dinner there because we really didn't like the food. I also haven't made any ressies to go back to BOG in our next 3 trips because of the food. We did like the atmosphere, so if you haven't been it may be worth it to you. I would chose CRT over BOG, but that is based on your kids wanting to meet a princess.

It's tough because the atmosphere is really neat in both and I think both are worth a visit, especially if you have princess loving kids. The atmosphere at CRT trumps BOG for us. I just love being in the castle and it's a bit more intimate and elegant. I just generally feel more special dining at CRT. As for the food, we've had mixed results with both, but I'd still say the CRT food on our visits was noticeably better than BOG. At CRT, I was the only one who had food issues (my beef was ice cold, sauce congealed on plate, and potatoes had crusted over) and my cheese plate sat out too long (i.e. it did more than just breathe a bit), but everyone else had decent food. At BOG, we had great appetizers and DH's steak was very good, but my pork was inedible and the kids hated their food (and they're not picky eaters).

I'd agree -- with the children at the ages of your children, CRT is much more direct and princess-y. BOG is so very large, and more subtle. It's a treat for people devoted to Beauty & the Beast, but it just won't wow the pre-K set the same way CRT does.

The food at CRT was sooooo yummy, i'd highly recommend it! BOG is good too (I had the lunch though, not dinner) but CRT was the highlight meal of my trip (tied for 1st place with The Wave). The cheese plate appetizer, the steak, and dessert were all just so mmmmmmm. :cloud9:

You can see more reviews in my dining report: click here

Last edited:
CRT. I have done BOG dinner 3x and disliked the food every time, as did the other's with me. IMO, lunch is much better at BOG!

Here are some pics of my meal at CRT:

Cheese plate (very good!)
upload_2015-11-2_11-42-29-png.132582

Grilled Beef Tenderloin (without the shrimp...I hate shrimp) served with
Gouda-mashed Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, and Beef Glaze. (so devine!)
upload_2015-11-2_11-42-34-png.132583

White Chocolate-Jasmine Tea Mousse, Lemon and Lime Curd with Honey-Oat Crisp.
Best dessert of the trip! So good! :goodvibes:
upload_2015-11-2_11-42-38-png.132584

I liked the food better at BOG dinner than CRT. We sat right next to the rose in the west wing at BOG so it was a great experience. Our kids barely ate at the CRT dinner. But it's very special to eat in the cinderellas castle but would do breakfast at CRT if I would to do it again. I think I would still choose CRT cause my kids want to eat in castle. But bog was also amazing.

I would agree with sticking with CRT too. I was pretty unimpressed with the atmosphere and the food at BOG, but at CRT I was blown away with both. Plus CRT is INSIDE Cinderella's castle and there's princesses.

Hello~ I need some input because I'm having a hard time figuring out which meal to choose. I have ADR's for both Cinderella's Royal Table and Be Our Guest for dinner and would like to get opinions on which you would choose and why?

We will have a 2 year old and 6 year old with us. I do prefer the time I have for CRT. But as far as food, atmosphere and such, which would you pick?

Thanks!

I honestly think that this comes down to what movie does your family prefer? If you're BATB fans, then do BOG in a HEARTBEAT! There is NOTHING quite like walking into that ballroom, you're literally stepping INTO the movie. I've always LOVED the food there, the Lamb & the pork chop are my favorites, and if you like mac & cheese, sub in that side on any other dish, it's amazing. The steak is subpar, desserts are my favorites in the whole park, and there's wine flights! I've always had INCREDIBLE service there as well, ask for Shelly too if you end up going ;)

CRT you're definitely paying for atmosphere, especially at dinner. I MUCH prefer breakfast there. the castle & princesses are magical yes, but the food is just not that great, I've even taken to ordering off the kids menus some days.... Service is hit and miss too. I've had some pretty bad service and pretty bad princess experiences there too. That being said, we were saying goodbye to a friend as she moved home and were seated right by the window and they sync up the wishes music and that was by far one of the most magical experiences ever.

That being said, I'd go BOG.

We went with CRT and it was a fabulous night! We got a window seat our food was great and my girls loved it!!! We did have to wait a little bit to be seated but it was a great night. Our waiter even gave me and my hubby swords so we could sword fight :). I wasn't in love with any of the desserts but besides that it was an awesome experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter