• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which trail at AK best for preschoolers?

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
Pangani Forest Trail or Maharajah Jungle Trek? We likely would do a trail in the afternoon so concerns would be amount of shade (in May) and amount of walking and amount of interest to the kids. Would love to do both but if we have to choose only one, which would be best? Are they stroller-friendly?

Yes stroller friendly. It seems like they are similar lengths so not sure that wil matter. I like the Pangani better because you can usually see at least 1 gorilla....the tigers on the Jungle Trek are hard to find. The hippos are fun to see underwater also.

Another who enjoys both but if you have to pick 1 Pangani is our favorite. Seems we find a lot more to see there. We really enjoy the gorilla's particularly. And DH is a HUGE meerkat fan. We can spend an hour watching them, each.

I think Gorilla Falls would be more interesting for a preschooler if you had to pick one. It is more varied. Plus the animals are more colorful (bright fish and birds!), more interesting (gorillas are fascinating, and meerkats are always a hoot), and you are much more likely to see them.

For us, the gorillas would always win, so it would be Pangani. Do both if you can find time though. I will say however, that if you have a good zoo at home, your kids may have no interest in the trails. When my DD was a pre-schooler, she hated the trails. We have a good zoo at home and DD had zero interest in walking around looking at animals while at WDW. She equated it to something she could do at home and did not want to waste time at WDW seeing the same animals she could see at home. When my DD was a preschooler, when we walked the trails, she complained the whole time that she wanted to go back to MK or EPCOT to see Princesses and ride rides. As she got a little older she tolerated it better because I like to walk the trails and see the animals- she did it for Mom. When they started the Wilderness Explorer books with the tasks around the parks, since there are tasks on the trails, she did not complain at all. Your kids may love it- or they may not. Also, if they are a little older, they might really enjoy getting the Wildnerness Explorer books and doing the tasks throughout the park to collect badges.

Agree with above- both are awesome and not to be missed in my opinion, but prefer the gorillas if you must choose. Both are hot in May- we always roast at AK but it is well worth it!

The only thing with the gorillas is if they are out and active, that window area can get very jammed so I'm a full grown adult but only stand 5 feet tall and have been shoved out of the way because someone *had* to get a photo of a momma gorilla with a baby and had to get it now! So be careful with the kids in that area. Since that incident, I stand back and wait to see what the excitement level is and then proceed. I find the tiger trail more relaxing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter