• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which stores can I get a Disney GC using their gc?

MickeyP

DIS Veteran
I mean, like Target, Walmart, Best Buy. I'm just frustrated as Walgreen's seems to be having so many GC issues.

TIA

You can buy Disney gift cards with a Best Buy gift card. Online you can purchase $25 or $50 but they also have an additional choice in the store for a $25-$500 card. I recently purchased two $50 online and a $100 in the store using Best Buy gift cards.

I've also purchased at Walmart with their gift cards but my store doesn't always have them. Seems to be a carried around the holiday.

How about online stores where you can buy disney GC w/ their store GC? I know target no longer allows it online, but does in store. Does best buy allow it online?

I went through the steps to add a disney GC to my cart and it doesn't say anywhere that you can't use a GC. Certainly not the savings that you would get a target w/ the red card.

I mean, like Target, Walmart, Best Buy. I'm just frustrated as Walgreen's seems to be having so many GC issues.

TIA
What's the issue with Walgreens? I know they didn't use to allow it, but then it was allowed for a while last year. Did it get shut down again?

You can buy Disney gift cards with a Best Buy gift card. Online you can purchase $25 or $50 but they also have an additional choice in the store for a $25-$500 card. I recently purchased two $50 online and a $100 in the store using Best Buy gift cards.

I tried using a Best Buy egift card online from Coinstar to buy Disney GCs and it would go through, then an hour later they'd cancel my order with no real reason. Happened twice. I never tried with a physical gift card or in person.

I stand corrected. I have no problem with my local Target.
lol. Been there! (well, maybe) For me- what's a problem one day isn't the next with a different checker. Although there have been other reports where a couple Target store have banned GC to GC completely.

OP, I have suggestions...
1) once you've settled on a store to try do a small amount, like $100, just to make sure it works for your exact situation
2) try to settle on stores you know you'll use the money at in case you get "stuck". Some people got stuck with $,$$$ when Target discontinued online GC-GC was $$$$ and some people didn't even live near a Target making it very difficult for them to get that turned into Disney gift cards. I'm just saying realize the risks you are taking and make sure you have an exit strategy if things go bad.

I haven't had any issue redeeming Walgreen's GCs for Disney - I always do just $25 or $50 at a time though. I haven't tried redeeming Balance Reward points for a transaction including a Disney GC (along with other items) though, but I'm planning to try this weekend, so standby unless someone else already knows that answer :)

I find that WM is spotty on finding Disney GCs too but have never had a problem with the transaction, but prefer to do Sam's Club anyway - as a matter of fact, my method as of lately has been to redeem for WM/Sam's GCs whenever possible or with no gift cards just buy online (at Sam's) through SB/Ebates using my Discover during 5% cashback quarters...all together that math comes out to about 11% off!

Does anyone have any experience with Office Max? I have some rewards available and I wonder if they will work on gift cards?

I load my Target gift cards on the Target app. Then when it is time to pay, I have the cashier scan the app. I have been successful using that method to purchase Disney gift cards.

I bought Disney gift card with Best Buy reward certificates in the store.

One Target got really rude and told me I couldn't today. I called customer service and they kept saying you can use them to buy Visa/Mastercard gift cards. Ok, that is not why I'm trying to buy! So I went to another target (even tho I called that first one back to ask where the policy is posted and they said they'd let me do it), bought some cat stuff and had no problem!

How about online stores where you can buy disney GC w/ their store GC? I know target no longer allows it online, but does in store. Does best buy allow it online?

I went through the steps to add a disney GC to my cart and it doesn't say anywhere that you can't use a GC. Certainly not the savings that you would get a target w/ the red card.
I've purchased Disney cards online using Best Buy gift cards. I don't think you can use the reward certificates online (but they will work in the store to purchase gift cards). Just two weeks ago I purchased $100 worth of Disney using 2 $50 Best Buy gift cards. The order went through and I received my cards in the mail about a week later. You also have the option of store pickup but I don't live close enough to be driving there all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter